Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Changone
  • 1 Post By wabbits
  • 2 Post By Changone
  • 2 Post By wabbits

Thread: As good as it gets ? ...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

As good as it gets ? ...

The thread on things not being as good as they once were - the use of rose tinted glasses in hindsight - and the departure of our youth begs the question -

Would you want to do any or all of it again - go back and be a teenager again? Mid 20's? 30's - or are you happy to be over this side of hill with all that behind you, money in the bank and your health still holding up?

What are/were/will be the best years of your life?

For me, I think right now will be as good as it gets ..... thoughts?
    Life is the unexpected ...

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Ahh to have the knowledge I have now with exuberance of youth....Nature it's a funny thing.
    Looking back there would be things I would change....Wonderful thing hind sight.555555

There has been a few times in my life I have gone if this is as good as it gets I am happy.

Fleeting oh so fleeting these times have oft been followed by some crisis or drama where things have been picked up and simply dumped.

The first time I thought if this is as good as it gets was tree or four peaked ago, so I think maybe it's as good as it gets at times of your life.

A couple of rules fot myself that help stop the dips are..

1 always have a goal.

2 keep eye on goal

3 if you are content you might not have a goal..So watch out!!!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    "Non...rien de rien.....Non je ne regret rien..."
    I think Edith Piaf sang it best.
    Roughly translated, "I regret nothing".

My personal belief is that however good you think it is, this just ain't as good as it gets.
    Most days I am thinking about how much there is to do and how little time there is in which to do it.

Yes i've made mistakes, a whole lt of them. Some big ones too. Cost me a fortune and quite a few cuts and bruises. But boy, have I learned some stuff, and I just keep getting up and going in for more. Meanwhile, I have travelled around the world several times, seen the wonders of the world and rubbed shoulders with people who could buy and keep me too.

Next I would agree witn Aristotle Onassis. When he was richer than Croesus someone said to him: "What would you do if you lost all your money".
    His answer was "I would first get myself a seat at the best restaurant in town, and listen as closely as possible to what the people there were talking about". The rest presumably with a little bit of luck would follow in good time.

Having been through the mill once guarantees nothing. Many have little or no accumulated funds, but if you are healthy and ready for anything it doesn't matter how old you are, or if you fit someone elses idea of how things should be for you.
    Most people who made it big, made it late in life, usually after having been up and down more than once.

I would also say there are more than a few that had a number of goes at finding the right person to share their life with, and many still haven't, even if they don't even know it yet.

Finally, Kenny Rogers made that song famous where somewhere, someone finally broke even. You cant take it with you...But hey, i ain't dead yet so lets cut those cards again.

wabbits, Quarky, Minder and 1 others like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Double post deleted
    Last edited by Minder; 30th June 2012 at 19:54. Reason: Double post deleted

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Ahh to have the knowledge I have now with exuberance of youth....Nature it's a funny thing.
    Looking back there would be things I would change....Wonderful thing hind sight.555555

There has been a few times in my life I have gone if this is as good as it gets I am happy.

Fleeting oh so fleeting these times have oft been followed by some crisis or drama where things have been picked up and simply dumped.

The first time I thought if this is as good as it gets was tree or four peaked ago, so I think maybe it's as good as it gets at times of your life.

A couple of rules fot myself that help stop the dips are..

1 always have a goal.

2 keep eye on goal

3 if you are content you might not have a goal..So watch out!!!
    Oh yeah, we all have that daydream about "if only I knew then what I know now" ... those situations we would have turned around to our benefit... if only ...

..but think of this question like this "would you want to return to a prior part of your life, to who you were, what you had and who you were with rather than stay where you are and go on from here?" if so, when, where, why?

I see struggling young couples with young kids ... no thanks ....
    I speak to teenagers and think "thank god I don't have to do that time again"
    I see the mid-30's turks climbing the corporate ladder and look at what it costs them ... see you on the way down boys....

I have goals and I am content .... but do I have enough time left ???

Enjoy..

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Oh yeah, we all have that daydream about "if only I knew then what I know now" ... those situations we would have turned around to our benefit... if only ...

..but think of this question like this "would you want to return to a prior part of your life, to who you were, what you had and who you were with rather than stay where you are and go on from here?" if so, when, where, why?

I see struggling young couples with young kids ... no thanks ....
    I speak to teenagers and think "thank god I don't have to do that time again"
    I see the mid-30's turks climbing the corporate ladder and look at what it costs them ... see you on the way down boys....

I have goals and I am content .... but do I have enough time left ???

Enjoy..
    Be careful what you wish for you might get it.555555

Strange every major goal I have had in my life till now I have achieved but not always in the way I expected....I now know to be specific.555555

Would I want to go back...No way nor are many goals I once had relevant to me anymore.

Climbing that ladder does not put you where you need to be always a slave....Maybe a better cell but still a slave.

Content in my skin but still challenged to achieve competition is not a bad thing but it mostly just about me and how I measure up to myself.
    Spot likes this.

Neddy Seagoon on finding Eccles in a Coal Cellar.

Seagoon :"What are you doing here?".
    Eccles. : "Everyones got to be somewhere...".

And, The Odd Angry Shot....

Bung: Well what are we doing here then?

Harry: You're a soldier, the same as every other silly prick in this tossed up, fucked up, never-come-down land, that's why you're here because there's no one else, and everyone's got to be somewhere and you're here, so get used to it.

Spot and Cilla like this.

This one for Wabbs, one I promised you a while back, the corporate ladder in sales? Maybe in a car dealership somewhere far far away...

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    This one for Wabbs, one I promised you a while back, the corporate ladder in sales? Maybe in a car dealership somewhere far far away...

My corporate ladder is just letting me climb to the motherland...Los means to an end.

Ne one ever said I could not enjoy the climb.555555

Bugger on the iPad can't see vid yet.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Ask me after September 2 2012.

I remain positive as best I can, would I do it over again? No I have already paid the price. Regrets a few. Future uncertain but let the cards lay where they fall, I am in limbo ATM and hating it. Until the legal siht is done i have no power to move onwards.

Thanks for reminding me the clock is ticking mate.. In many ways i am content within myself however i am still keen to carry on with the grand adventure...

Sorry I am surprised nobody else has done this 55555

Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

I'd go back to age 12.... and turn myself into a sporting superstar....

If that failed... I'd have done a different degree at Uni...

I'd also shag more women.... life is short...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post

Why do I see you as Austin Powers.55555555
    Quarky and Spot like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post

More women and less?.... 5555 Mate I thought thats why you keep going to LOS
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Good question, Minder. I too am happy where I am, and look forward to the next 10 years to be a great decade. Beyond that it will be up to health and luck, I think.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Being a mid 30s guy who is trying to climb the corporate ladder, I am always of the opinion that the best is yet to come....

But then again I am planning to live forever.... which is what a typical mid 30s guy would say....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bunga View Post
    Being a mid 30s guy who is trying to climb the corporate ladder, I am always of the opinion that the best is yet to come....

But then again I am planning to live forever.... which is what a typical mid 30s guy would say....
    Been there, done that. Make sure you enjoy the ride and take time to smell the roses.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason