Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Quarky
  • 1 Post By wabbits
  • 2 Post By daohoshi Dao

Thread: Your funny times remembered

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

Your funny times remembered

OK,
    We have been talking on other threads about things we have done, mostly as kids.
    I posted about blowing up an outside dunny with leftover gun powder from dud bangers, we put it all in a milo tin and lit a fuse behind our mates outside dunny ( toilet)
    There was nothing left except the concrete slab and a lot of building materials covered in sh1t.

So what did you do as a kid that, when you look back, makes you smile/laugh???

Credits go to Bunga for the idea of this post
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

wearing my mum's dresses. That seems funny now... oh, this is just about when we were kids?
    justcruzing1 likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    wearing my mum's dresses. That seems funny now... oh, this is just about when we were kids?
    Sum things that start in fun.......Feather....chicken....Dresses tight bodiss.555555
    Quarky likes this.

As teenagers, we were a bit of the daredevil/idiot's 5555

We use to go to a place called Bluefin, on the north side of the north head of Sydney Harbour, the ocean was erroding the cliffs and could eventually eat thru the head, this would have left an island and also changed all the currents in the harbour.

The local council had all developers dump their building spoil, concrete pads, stone soil etc on the top and there was a bulldozer that pushed it over the cliff.

When the surf was flat we would go there and sneak thru a hole in the fence, hide till the truck's had dumped and then run over and jump off the top, it was so steep as you slid down your heels were on the dirt and your sholders were touching the dirt as well. All the time there was spoil coming down after us, as the dozer had pushed it over the edge.

We used cardboard and later foam surfboards, to go down quicker, this is from a height of about 4-500m

One day we did it, a photographer from the local paper had heard about us and he took photo's of us 1/2 way down, with bricks, pices of concrete etc bouncing aroud us. The photo's were on the front page of the paper!!!

Holey sh1t!!! we had to run around and steel all the papers from our neighbours to prevent our parents seeing them......

The cops caught up with us a couple of days later, gave us a severe warning and we didn't go there again 55555

^Have you any copies of the photos JC? Scan them and post them... would love to see it... ;-)
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^Have you any copies of the photos JC? Scan them and post them... would love to see it... ;-)
    Sorry DP,
    this was a long time ago 555
    we didn't even have a camera in the family then.
    We burnt all the copies we could get our hands on....

I grew up near a sugar factory. I thought the sugar factory made the clouds in the sky. 55555
    Quarky and Changone like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daohoshi Dao View Post
    I grew up near a sugar factory. I thought the sugar factory made the clouds in the sky. 55555
    Nong Han?

Big sugar refinery there has trucks queued up for miles either side of it at times i`ve been past it.

Another thing we did as kids,
    We always use to go to the malny ferry wharf and ask people/tourist, coming off the ferry to toss coins into the water out side the shark net, then we would dive and get them, most times it would be a shilling,(10c)
    Once a smart ... gentleman, offered 1 quid to the boy that could bring back his florin (20p) but tipped blood into the water first. " just to make it more sportsman".

I told my mates, get ready to grab me out quick, and I went for it, got the coin before it hit the bottom, then pushed off and swam as fast to the top, the mates had my hands and were pulling me out of the water as a medium size shark swam by. Today, I don't believe the shark would have attacked me, i have so muche more knowledge/experience with them.

In those days, a 9-10 yr old was sh1t frightened.!!!!

Years later, as 16 yr olds, we, on school holidays, would go across the harbour, on the smaller ferry's
    They had metal box's as life rafts, lashed to the foredecks, with ropes on the sides.
    When the seas were rough, and the ferry listed from side to side badly, we would grab hold of the rope and jump over ehe side!!
    We would time it so we got hit by the swell coming up the hull and wash/throw, us back up and onto the deck, this was on the second deck/ floor.

Then, once our clothes had dried, we got a city circle ticket on the train. This was 10p it took you to any station in the city, but we knew the trains came in from outside, did the city circle route and then wen't outside again.
    So on an ocassion, as an example, the train came from Gosford on the North, did the city circle, we got on and then it went to the Blue Mountains.
    Ok, the ticket to the mountains was 50p..??? and there were ticket collector's on the train. We kept going back thru the carriage's till we were cornnerd,then we jumped off at the next station, ran up over the gantry and jumped the 1st train going back in the direcrion we come from.

This worked fine most times, it was a case of "Dare or loose" between us....... BUT THEN...we had a bad day... we did the usual but instead of going back i9nto the city circle??... the train went down the Illawarra route. ( South of Syd. and we live North).

By the time we got back to the Sydney Circular Que, with the ferry's they were closed.

To cut it short, after walking to bus stop's, taking 3 different bus's and then walking uphill for 1 hr i arrived home at 1.45 am, having left at 8 am!!!
    Mother and Father were "Dissapointed with me!" and took the belt to me.