Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Changone
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy

Thread: 5 Soldiers lost in one day

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

5 Soldiers lost in one day

Just reported today that 5 Aussie diggers have lost their lives in Afghanistan.
    Two more were injured.

Two SAS lost in a helicopter crash
    Three lost to a sneak attack by an Afghan Army soldier at a 3 RAR camp.
    The attacker got away.

Condolences to all those related, and families affected from all at TD.
    PatongBeachBoy and Rivo like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Second that CI

FIVE Australian soldiers have been killed in two separate incidents in Afghanistan, in one of the darkest days of Australia's campaign.

In the first incident, three soldiers were killed in an attack in Oruzgan province by a member of the Afghan security force.

Two other soldiers were also wounded in the incident, vice-chief of the Australian Defence Force, Air Marshal Mark Binskin said.

In a second incident, two Australian Special Forces soldiers were killed when their helicopter crashed in Helmund province.

The three soldiers killed in the first incident were all based at the Gallipoli barracks in Queensland.

One of the soldiers was a 40-year-old Lieutenant Colonel from the 2nd/14th Light Horse Regiment (Queensland mounted) who was on his second tour of Afghanistan and had been previously deployed to Iraq.

His comrades, a 20-year-old from the 6th battalion of the Royal Australia Regiment and a 21-year-old Sapper from the 2nd Combat engineers were both on their first deployment to Afghanistan.
    "Australia has lost five men today, soldiers committed to serving our nation," Acting Chief of Defence Air Marshal Mark Binskin said.

"This is a terrible day for all of us and our thoughts and prayers are with those touched by these incidents."

Air Marshal Binskin said the soldiers were sitting and relaxing after a day's work when a man wearing an Afghan National Army uniform opened fire.

Two other soldiers were injured in the incident and one was evacuated to the Australian base at Tarin Kowt where he is in a satisfactory condition. The other soldier recieved first aid at the scene and has remained at the base.

Both Australian and Afghan troops are hunting for the Afghan National Army soldier.

2/14 was my unit I was stationed at in QLD....Brings it home a bit!!

Carried many 8/9 and 6RAR lads around in my carrier all those years ago..RIP

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Very sad news.....

Lets not forget our neighbours and comrades in ANZAC who also died in recent weeks.

Changone likes this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Foundation Member Cadet Bronze
    War is a terrible thing...my condolences to the brave Aussies and their families.

I won't even speak on the fact that we've lost somewhere around 50 people from the states just this month, it's just staggering to think about. War, what is it good for?

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    AND whats going to happen when all the troops leave. Afgannies handle it ??? I think not.

Foundation Member Cadet Bronze
    Cilla - definitely not. pretty sure no one would ever make that argument.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Nice one AM.
    Reminds me of a greener war same same but different.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    One at a time or five at once what difference does it make and what do we expect? .... We sent them to a war not a Wat...

A pointless waste of some more good men ...
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Now how to post this without ruffling any feathers.....

The media and pollies keep saying how we lost 5 in combat, highest since the battle of Lon Tan..

3 were murderred in cold blood on foreign soil, 2 were killed as passengers of a helicopter crash. None of them were engaged in Combat.

Now before you jump down my throat...As an RSL Member i sincerely feel bad about the loss of any diggers anywhere...

I dont like the comparison to Lon Tan where a company held of a division in a day long battle with mates fighting to the death side by side against impossible odds.... And then thier mates finally enterring a hot battle and getting them out.

Sorry to split hairs on this. I took equal offence to that Fwit media reporter comparing the loss by Aus of a medal in an event in the Olympics He described the loss of a sporting medal as "Australia biggest defeat since Gallipolli" For feck sakes.....

I am deeply sadenned by this latest loss of our young diggers... Lest we forget..
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....