Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: A very smart 21 yr old who gets it

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

A very smart 21 yr old who gets it

This was written by a 21 yr. old female who gets it! This is how she feels about the social welfare system that she’s being forced to support with her taxes!

These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This young person cares about the future of her country! Remember, like most other tax payers, she is able to vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living"

Put me in charge …..

Put me in charge of Centrelink payments. I'd get rid of cash payments and provide vouchers for budget meat, milk, block cheese, basic sanitary, sensible clothing & schooling needs etc.
    If you want, burgers, takeaways, junk food and play the pokies, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicare. The first thing I'd do is to get women to have birth control implants.
    Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce, use drugs, drink alcohol or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in military barracks?
    You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair.
    Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried.
    If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

Put me in charge of compulsory job search. You will either search for employment each week no matter what the job, or you will report for community work.

This may be clearing the roadways and open spaces of rubbish, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you.
    We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your dooff dooff car stereos and put that money toward Australian’s genuinely in need of our support.”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realise that all of the above is voluntary.
    If you want our hard earned cash and housing assistance, accept our rules..
    Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin someones "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was considered demeaning and lowered self esteem. That was called bludging!

If we are expected to help pay for other people's mistakes, the system should at least attempt to teach recipients; how not to repeat their past bad choices. The current system even rewards those who continue to make bad choices.

AND While you are taking money under false pretences, as listed above; you no longer have the right to VOTE! For that would be a conflict of interest.

If you are NOT genuinely in need of support and want to vote, then get a job.

Now, if you agree with the majority of these pragmatic Social Welfare solutions – PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO YOUR LOCAL MPS!
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Its sometimes funny to read these internet anecdotes.

I always wonder though about what motivates these populist whingers that call for other people to be sterilized, dispossessed, forced to attend re-deducation camps and be stripped of all their civil rights.
    Usually if you do a little digging you find some cracks in their story.
    After all this is how Hitler Stalin and Pol Pot got their starts in life. And remember, all you had to do was accept their rules.

Don't get me wrong, I am a glass half full kind of guy and believe that whilst some will rort the system, the majority are fair and square.
    So then there are all the genuine cases.

This is the range of things that Australian taxpayers as part of one of the most democratic and civilized societies on Earth pay for today.

Most of these pittances I couldn't live on.

Aged
    Age Pension - for people planning for retirement or who are already retired.

Students
    ABSTUDY - offers a range of allowances to assist Indigenous students and New Apprentices.
    Austudy Payment - for full-time students and New Apprentices aged 25 years or over.
    Pensioner Education Supplement - for people on Pensions with education expenses.
    Youth Allowance - for full-time students or New Apprentices aged 15 (under some circumstances) 16 to 24 and people aged under 21 who are undertaking job search or a combination of approved activities.

Disabled
    Disability Support Pension - for people unable to work for 2 years due to illness, injury or disability.

Carers
    Carer Allowance - for people who care for an minors 16-17 and adults over 18 years with a disability.
    Carer Allowance (Child) - for people who care for a child under 16 years with a disability.
    Carer Payment - for people who provide full-time care for someone with a disability

Parenting
    Maternity Payment - for help with those extra costs after the birth of a new baby.
    Parenting Payment - for parents or guardians to help with the cost of raising children.
    Assistance for Isolated Children - for families with a child who cannot attend school locally because of distance or special needs.
    Double Orphan Pension - for people who are raising children who have lost both parents.

Unemployed
    Newstart Allowance - for people who are looking for employment.

Anything Else?
    Special Benefit - for people who are in financial hardship, have no way of supporting themselves and are not entitled to another payment (normally due to residency requirements).

Any complaints? See you at the ballot box not the barricades.

And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    What I'm anoyed about, is that we /our goverment give money for anything, to people that have not put anything/tax into the pool.

I have said before, I believe the system should have a "you get out, a percentage of what you have put in".
    Say 25% of the tax you pay as credit you can retrieve in unemployment benifit's, pension etc.
    You could donate some of your credit to ...say... your child while going thru uni.
    These credits could be left to who you want in your will etc.

This is a so called lucky country, but we are very quickly sliding down a hole that we will not be able to get out off, where the minority is paying for the majority. This will eventually cause civil riot's and class warfare.
    Look at what has happened in Europe.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I must say I do agree that there is a problem with too many people chasing a piece of too small a pie when it comes to social security.

I think our 21 year old might be in a bit of trouble collecting from the system they are suggesting when they haven't put anything in yet...555 Most likely still living at home and putting the bite on mum and dad for everything.

And I also think that people don't believe in the need for a National Social Security System the way they did in 1945.
    Governments know that the writing is on the wall as far as trying to fund these systems.

Take a look at Greece right now where Doctors and Pharmacists aren't being paid so they are working on a cash only basis as the government systems fail.

Do all new mothers really need a $4,000 payment?
    I doubt it.
    Do parents really need to be paid to stay at home with their children?
    Don't think so.
    Are all Asylum seekers really in fear of death if they stay home?
    Not likely.
    Do a lot of people pretend to be tourists and students on temporary visas then take all the work they can while they plan to stay permanently?
    I'm sure they do.
    Will a 9% Compulsory super be enough to replace an Age pension with benefits?
    No way.
    Will today's young workers accept that they will need to save 25% of their net take home pay to fund their future medical bills and retirement living costs?
    Doubt it, they will probably just vote for the other mob.
    Where would you invest the 25% young peoples savings safely to get a good long term return in today's overstuffed volatile capital markets?
    Good luck with that one!

We definitely need some radical change in our thinking to change the future.

How about starting with funding all future local capital works like roads, bridges and ports using solely retirement funds supplied by young workers, or retirees in return for shares and eventually seats on the boards of directors controlling these assets.

No money from these works should ever be leaked into Government. All such projects should be tax exempt at all levels of Government. Unions would be equally outlawed from participating in the projects, except as providers of labour in building them. No external borrowing allowed so as to cut out greedy banks. No lending out allowed for anything else, ever. The only way any profits could go out would be directly to shareholders.
    Shares would be re-purchased by the fund at their current value, as shareholders died and only reissued to new contributors. No transfer of shares allowed, ever.
    Wow...! Could it happen...?

And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?