Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arliss Michaels

Thread: Lyca Mobile

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Lyca Mobile

I just came accross a website for Lyca Mobile. They are another cheap priced mobile service providing cheap calls Internationally. I checked it out and found they Use Telstra's network, unlike Lebara who use Vodafone. Personally I get great Telstra reception and can never get anything with my Lebara phone. I use MyNetFone (thanks Wabs) to call the GF most of the time but also have a second mobile to as back as i do not carry my computer around with me.

The starting rates until 28 Feb are $0.0025 per min to landlines and mobile with a 19 cent flagfall(Labara - 25c) but after 28 Feb rates will go up to $0.005 per min to Landlines and $0.03 per min to mobiles, keeping the 19c flagfall.

I know i will be swaping my Lebara for a Lyca Mobile sim. Can register online to have a free sim sent out to you, it also keeps trake of your calls online (for those looking at Visas)

::Welcome to Lycamobile Australia :: Call the world for less

Lyca looks good Gary, I've ordered a sim and will give it a try.
    Never had a problem with LEBARA in Qld or NSW, calling mainly Thailand and NZ, so maybe Voda have network issues down your way.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Lyca looks good Gary, I've ordered a sim and will give it a try.
    Never had a problem with LEBARA in Qld or NSW, calling mainly Thailand and NZ, so maybe Voda have network issues down your way.
    Yeah I have got one myself, opicked it up at Safeway Petrol station for $2. Hvae not used it yet as I am trying to use my Lebara credit before i go to that one. Voda have terrible reception down here and it is well known in Melb, Even a massive court case going on as we speak with about half their customers against them...

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    As i have a work mobile its no worries for me and i said to my boss sometimes i sms and call is this a prob? No as long as its not excessive so for me if i am out i will use it.
    My net phone is used the most and phone card when i am at work. (yes the one advertised at the top of the page for near 2 years now)
    Unlike the early days of Voda Phone and 250.00 plus a month call bill.....if it gets to 50 now its a big month.
    Aprox 2 hours aday in bits more on week ends.
    Skype would be better but not an option for us.

Poor Voda reception explains your problems Gary. Although Lyca pricing looks good the proof will be in the o/s call quality and in that respect LEBARA will take some beating!

Incidentally, I use Skype with Jo daily, and have had full video connections of up to 90 mins (to BKK) with no drop-outs. I am with Vodafone using a wifi USB stick.

Lately the internet connectivity and speed deteriorated to absolute crap so I complained. Usual story "it's not our fault, must be your PC", so I blew up and told them to cancel my a/c (not on a plan) forthwith and I'd go with Optus. Was offered immediate Tech assistance, supposedly via a call back which never happened, an extra 2gb usage per month + 2 months FREE.... "ok" I said "if I can connect!" Long story short, my Voda internet suddenly came back to 99% perfection overnight!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Poor Voda reception explains your problems Gary. Although Lyca pricing looks good the proof will be in the o/s call quality and in that respect LEBARA will take some beating!

Incidentally, I use Skype with Jo daily, and have had full video connections of up to 90 mins (to BKK) with no drop-outs. I am with Vodafone using a wifi USB stick.

Lately the internet connectivity and speed deteriorated to absolute crap so I complained. Usual story "it's not our fault, must be your PC", so I blew up and told them to cancel my a/c (not on a plan) forthwith and I'd go with Optus. Was offered immediate Tech assistance, supposedly via a call back which never happened, an extra 2gb usage per month + 2 months FREE.... "ok" I said "if I can connect!" Long story short, my Voda internet suddenly came back to 99% perfection overnight!
    Yeah I might give my Lyca mobile sim a go to calling O/S and let you know how the reception/quality is.

I love it how the phone companies always blame the customers before they even here the story. I have found, like you that threatening to leave them is a good one as well as taking their name and number works. I got so angry at one person that I threatened the Ombudsmen, You should have heard how his attidude changed after that one and I got exactly what I wanted with a few freebies on the side.

I guess in conclusion all Mobile phone carrier call persons are the same, speak basic english (with Indian accent 555)

I have used my Lyca Mobile and have not had any issues so far. I can not get reception and make calls from my room and the quality is the same as Lebara. Very happy with it all ATM

Lyca have followed Lebara and have decided from March 4 til the end of the month they will provide free calls to LOS with only a 19c flagfall fee charged. I have double checked myself and am very happy with their service

shandle1
    Lebara has just released their December specials, unlimited local calls plus $10 to call overseas for $39.90
    Lebara Mobile Australia | Facebook

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Gee released today only 2 days more in the month 555.

I switched to Lyca as at the time they were 1c to Thailand Lebara 2c, plus had too many calls with Lebara that were answered and could not hear each other costing a shyte load of flag falls. Lyca to me better for this and much clearer calls.
    G4orce likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Gee released today only 2 days more in the month 555.

I switched to Lyca as at the time they were 1c to Thailand Lebara 2c, plus had too many calls with Lebara that were answered and could not hear each other costing a shyte load of flag falls. Lyca to me better for this and much clearer calls.
    Same same here. Lyca is on the Telstra network and has the best reception by far, I haven't had a drop out on them for the last 3 months.
    Lebara was often 3 times in a row, and I had to stand on my balcony for it to conect.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    ^^Biggest issue i have with Lebara is the drop out and flag fall costs which seem quite high.
    Other than that is very cheap.
    May have to look a Lyca if that is more reliable.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    ^^Biggest issue i have with Lebara is the drop out and flag fall costs which seem quite high.
    Other than that is very cheap.
    May have to look a Lyca if that is more reliable.
    As JC said reception, reception reception, is as important as to a Real Estate sale is location, location, location.

A mate who works for "F"elstra told me that the tower here in our town is like a totem pole, Telstra on top, then Optus, then Vodaphone etc. The top of the totem pole is best for reception.

Just checked online at Lyca for some info, calls to Thailand Landline 0c per minute Mobile 1c per minute with 29c flagfall.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I have been using lyca mobile for a long time.... They are good.... I think they roam on the old Telstra Network. One thing to keep in mind, is like a Thai sim, turn off cell data, it will suck the credit dry.

call quality to thai land lines is just like calling one in oz, but mobiles are very dependent on how good the reception is at the other end, and as we know, it can sometimes be hit and miss in Thailand

Overall, I think it is by FAR AND AWAY the best to use for calling Thailand... no ifs or buts... Have been with them pretty well since they set up here and have no complaints whatsoever...

Set up the account online, and you can see your phone records, and texts, (great for proving a relationship if ya wanna bring someone here) , and you can also top up either automatically or manually

I call madam most days.. and 20 - 30 bucks last a helluva long time.

A very good product.

Agree Dave as I would have mentioned previously originally with Lebara (Vodaphone) but too many drop out calls, Lyca far better.

We sell phone credit in our business another that sells big in Oz is Amaizyin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    ^ Yes, I have an Amaysim also.