Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What did you learn today?

What did you learn today?

Start this thread for things we learn that may be interesting to people on the forum.

Ok Today I lean how to make thai baht symbol in email and word document from english keyboard.

Ok hold down Alt key then type 3647 let go of the Alt key.

Will not work on forum or gmail but work everywhere else.

Try it.

What did you learn today?????
    Sydney likes this.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Wow ... now I have to go try that right away!! ....

Ok ... hmmmm ..... I could not get it to work on Windows WordPad or Hotmail ....

maybe I am doing something wrong .....

And what did I learn?

Well, I sort of knew this before, but it was reaffirmed today, that one of the best things when dealing with stress is to get a massage. Works wonders.
    Last edited by vanguy77; 10th October 2012 at 17:11.
    Quarky likes this.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Wow ... now I have to go try that right away!! ....

Ok ... hmmmm ..... I could not get it to work on Windows WordPad or Hotmail ....

maybe I am doing something wrong .....
    Oops my son tell only microsoft program. Word outlook etc ฿
    Last edited by daohoshi Dao; 10th October 2012 at 17:14.

฿

well look at that.... ;-)
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Errr Nong Dao,,,, You smarter than me nah? Cannot make work for me....
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

I learnt that those little sand balls made by sand bubble crabs on the beach are what is left over after it checks each grain for food. It rolls it into a ball so that id doesn't end up checking it twice. I am sure you all really wanted to know that!
    Quarky, Sydney, Spot and 1 others like this.

^Clever crabs!

I learnt today that I always feel better after a long uninterrupted good nights sleep...

Actually I always knew this... but I learnt it again last night...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Wow there's a few minutes i'll never get back.
    Consider that learned...555
    Quarky likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    I learnt never believe a TG when she says just have one hour sleep before we go out. Maybe next time make sure she doesn't eat before the nap, then guaranteed she will want to go out!!!
    Quarky, G4orce, Spot and 1 others like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Did a couple of laps of Lumphini Park at dusk, then an massage afterwards. Was feeling refreshed and the air was relatively cool, and thought I would run the last 1.5k back to the apartment.

That was until I went A over T on the footpath. What was I thinking, or why wasn't I thinking. I hope I don't have to re-learn that one, again.

Better get another massage.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Did a couple of laps of Lumphini Park at dusk, then an massage afterwards. Was feeling refreshed and the air was relatively cool, and thought I would run the last 1.5k back to the apartment.

That was until I went A over T on the footpath. What was I thinking, or why wasn't I thinking. I hope I don't have to re-learn that one, again.

Always run on the spot when in Bangkok...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I re learnt today, what I already knew

That is, if you heat up your lunch meal, before the microwve has beeped, some one will come in and talk for 15 mins so your lunch is .......It has never failed.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

Sorry mate but that one cracked me up......i dont remember seeing many runners on the footpaths of BKK last time i was there....555555.....its hard enough walking/dodging most times....classic nomad
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Once again, today I learnt to never think "this is going well" for as soon as you do it turns on you.

I had to do a full break change on the car today.

Haven't changed them for 4 years and last Friday 2 blocks from home had a massive grinding metal on metal from the drivers rear wheel. Pulled it apart that night and it was just one little corner but they were shot, so Sat morning up and decided the lot will be close so get a full set. Tossed the new pads in the drivers rear and off to work.

This morning, day off, so tackle the rear passenger first as it is probably as bad as the other one, start off have to, after jacking it and removing the wheel, undo the mounting bolts, now these are usually self tightening and after 4 yrs I'm with a sledge hammer in hand..... low and behold a solid hit with my palm and it gives, both of them! Yahoo I think to myself, well this is going well...... stupid stupid STUPID!

In a flash things changed, that stinking little bleeder nut wouldn't undo, it is bured no spanner will grip it i tried everything, hammering a smaller socket onto it, WD 40 spray.... finally gave up and put it all back together. May need to buy a whole break assembly to replace it but will see my mechanic first.

Ok onto the front, both went the same, undid the mounting bolts ok and cracked the bleeder easy.
    pull the old pads out and their only 1/2 gone..oh well have bought new and it is in pieces so put new back in and save old for next time. Then puting it back together, I have pushed the caliper pistons back in to make room for the fresh pads, put it together and the new pads won't fit over the disc, pull it apart again and use the timber handle of a hammer on the pistons and hit it with the sledgie, I finally get them flat. Re install everything and it goes onto the disc, then I can't get the mounting bolts in place, no matter how I try, eventually 30mins each side i get the bolts to locate.

So what I have done before in 1-1.5 hrs took 3. and at the begining it looked so good.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Been thinking a lot about early retirement lately ... wonder why? I'm not sure if I learned it today or not, but it has never been so clear as it is right now that time waits for no man.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Once again, today I learnt to never think "this is going well" for as soon as you do it turns on you.

I had to do a full break change on the car today.

Haven't changed them for 4 years and last Friday 2 blocks from home had a massive grinding metal on metal from the drivers rear wheel. Pulled it apart that night and it was just one little corner but they were shot, so Sat morning up and decided the lot will be close so get a full set. Tossed the new pads in the drivers rear and off to work.

This morning, day off, so tackle the rear passenger first as it is probably as bad as the other one, start off have to, after jacking it and removing the wheel, undo the mounting bolts, now these are usually self tightening and after 4 yrs I'm with a sledge hammer in hand..... low and behold a solid hit with my palm and it gives, both of them! Yahoo I think to myself, well this is going well...... stupid stupid STUPID!

In a flash things changed, that stinking little bleeder nut wouldn't undo, it is bured no spanner will grip it i tried everything, hammering a smaller socket onto it, WD 40 spray.... finally gave up and put it all back together. May need to buy a whole break assembly to replace it but will see my mechanic first.

Ok onto the front, both went the same, undid the mounting bolts ok and cracked the bleeder easy.
    pull the old pads out and their only 1/2 gone..oh well have bought new and it is in pieces so put new back in and save old for next time. Then puting it back together, I have pushed the caliper pistons back in to make room for the fresh pads, put it together and the new pads won't fit over the disc, pull it apart again and use the timber handle of a hammer on the pistons and hit it with the sledgie, I finally get them flat. Re install everything and it goes onto the disc, then I can't get the mounting bolts in place, no matter how I try, eventually 30mins each side i get the bolts to locate.

So what I have done before in 1-1.5 hrs took 3. and at the begining it looked so good.
    Hey... that sounds like a result! I was expecting you to end by saying...

Sent by Tapa talk from under the car which I have now become wedged under...
    justcruzing1 likes this.

DP the thought crosses my mind every time i jack the thing.
    I don't move too easily these days so would have no chance of getting out of the road if it went.
    I do always toss the wheel under the car as a safety

I learn it cost a lot of money to call my daughter on a ship in florida. Anyone know for cheap price to call at sea?

I learned today that I can handle Som Tam kap Puu but I like it better without the puu.....

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bunga View Post
    I learned today that I can handle Som Tam kap Puu but I like it better without the puu.....
    Also smells a lot better without the pigglett fish (bah-lah) 555

(note to all - dont say this to your Isaan GF/Wife..:S)
    Last edited by G4orce; 21st October 2012 at 15:42.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast