Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Nomad
  • 1 Post By Arliss Michaels
  • 2 Post By Dupree

Thread: AirAsia and Thai Time (2 bitches in one thread)

  1. #1
    Platinum Pinot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kamalala
    Posts
    859

    AirAsia and Thai Time (2 bitches in one thread)

    I'm a glass half-full kind of guy, a born optimist. Every once in a while I need to unload. Let me get these two off my chest and I'll be good to go for awhile.

    1) Air Asia has the world's most devious website. It is designed to sell tickets, of course. The prices are low and that's the reason I use it. The website has been designed to add as many additional charges in such a way that one often gives up trying and pays the ridiculous charges just to complete the purchase! If you're not familiar with the site, you'll end up paying for insurance, seat selection fee, a meal and extra baggage charges. You get to the end of a ticket purchase and you find the 2000 baht ticket is now 3500 baht and the only way around it is to start at the beginning of the booking process. After frequent use you learn the in and outs of it but I've spent hours trying to book a flight. Oh, and don't ever expect to get any customer service from these tools. Phoning them is a complete waste of time. A big FU goes out to Air Asia.

    2) I made the mistake this week of showing up on time for a Dr.'s appointment. When will I learn? An appointment time isn't when you'll see the doctor like in the West. The appointment time is when they start accepting paperwork for you to get into the cue to see the doctor. I had an appointment for 9 AM to see an Orthopedist at Patong hospital yesterday. The doctor showed up at 10. I saw him at 11:30. Appointment time is meaningless in Thailand. The same thing happened 6 weeks before at a different hospital. Everything runs on Thai time here. From the girlfriend getting dressed to go out, to the repairman showing up to fix something. Someone calling to see you at noon tomorrow means you'll maybe see him at the end of next week! After 3 years you'd think I'd have this Thai time thing figured out.

    Okay, I feel better.
    Last edited by Pinot; 3rd November 2012 at 14:56.

  2. #2
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,286
    I understand about the AA website and how it is easy to pay extra and frustrating to navigate...And have had to ring to book which of coarse cost me extra.
    But in saying that flights on time but I hate KL

  3. #3
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,595
    AA booking sucks but sure beats waiting in a queue at the Doctors! I prefer using Nokair for ease of online booking (Thai domestic). ThaiSmile is a good option also.

    KL's LCCT is much better, more efficient and AA staff friendlier now Wabbits.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    lOZt
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinot View Post
    Everything runs on Thai time here. From the girlfriend getting dressed to go out
    Just tell her that you are leaving in 5 minutes, and if not ready, you will meet her at X location (X = anywhere there is plenty of beautiful TGs). Guaranteed to be ready.
    Changone likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Beechworth, Victoria, Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,170
    AAAwww.. Pinot come and have a hug China.

    Bingo on Air Asia, same horror stories to the point of going through the entire website to find a number and then pushing 20 buttons to get a voice $%###%&!

    Admittedly once i got a voice it was all sorted...

    On My return last year and having an enforced layover in KL... well apart from Falang affections and intentions.. It finally got sorted.. This year arr BKK, 4 hours later still no luggage but it did turn up later that night....

    Yes cheap.. but always at a price....

    My experience with Drs and Dentists (Udon Thani) is walk in and get immediate service. Never make a booking.. IME..
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

  6. #6
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,222
    Agree Pinot AA bit tricky for beginners or if you are not concentrating but fairly straight forward after that, though annoying. Good that you can pay with Paypal, so not get hit for Credit Card charges.

    Now who said on time ??? Mind you only one late flight TG's flight here a few weeks back delayed in LCCT by 5 1/2 hours but they did pre warn by SMS 24 hours ahead, but was an inconvenience for TG, but not me as I did not have to get up at 5am to go out the airport. Accepted it and moved on, but got an email from AA yesterday apologising and offering a credit of 2800 b for use to book a flight.
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

  7. #7
    Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,617
    I've been lucky with AA the last couple of trips, as the website worked a charm. Most of the flights are I booked were just over an hour, so I just said no to everything ... who needs a meal on a one hour flight? Extra baggage? No.

    The very first time I tried to book with them, however, I went round in circles with their website trying to book a ticket. It kept booting me back to the beginning right at the last screen. I thought they had fixed the problem, but my friend Rob just informed he he had the same problem when he was trying to book his return ticket to Cambo for the upcoming trip.

    I'm no nearly an "old hand" at flying domestic in LOS, but I've had such great experiences with Bangkok Airways that I have just stayed with them. Flying them again on the upcoming trip to CM.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

  8. #8
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,370
    ^^^ Hey VG! ill dig up some pics of the Bangkok Airways crash I saw when I was in Samui 3 or 4 years ago.........
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  9. #9
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,595
    You really should try ThaiSmile (Thai International 747/777) or Nokair (Thai domestic 737) ... you'd get 2 flights for the price of one on BangkokAir. Thing I like about Nok is the friendly smiling staff, nothing a hassle, and you get a pastry and water on a 50 min flight. Booking site is clean and easy > fly Thai Domestic budget flight with professional-friendly service | Nok Air
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinot View Post
    I'm a glass half-full kind of guy, a born optimist. Every once in a while I need to unload. Let me get these two off my chest and I'll be good to go for awhile.

    1) Air Asia has the world's most devious website. It is designed to sell tickets, of course. The prices are low and that's the reason I use it. The website has been designed to add as many additional charges in such a way that one often gives up trying and pays the ridiculous charges just to complete the purchase! If you're not familiar with the site, you'll end up paying for insurance, seat selection fee, a meal and extra baggage charges. You get to the end of a ticket purchase and you find the 2000 baht ticket is now 3500 baht and the only way around it is to start at the beginning of the booking process. After frequent use you learn the in and outs of it but I've spent hours trying to book a flight. Oh, and don't ever expect to get any customer service from these tools. Phoning them is a complete waste of time. A big FU goes out to Air Asia.

    2) I made the mistake this week of showing up on time for a Dr.'s appointment. When will I learn? An appointment time isn't when you'll see the doctor like in the West. The appointment time is when they start accepting paperwork for you to get into the cue to see the doctor. I had an appointment for 9 AM to see an Orthopedist at Patong hospital yesterday. The doctor showed up at 10. I saw him at 11:30. Appointment time is meaningless in Thailand. The same thing happened 6 weeks before at a different hospital. Everything runs on Thai time here. From the girlfriend getting dressed to go out, to the repairman showing up to fix something. Someone calling to see you at noon tomorrow means you'll maybe see him at the end of next week! After 3 years you'd think I'd have this Thai time thing figured out.

    Okay, I feel better.
    But it's still paradise right? I mean it's still every man's dream to be where you are..Right? It's still the snatch right?

    Just checking..
    PatongBeachBoy and Gazmac like this.

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Beechworth, Victoria, Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,170
    Eerrr the "snatch"? Sorry I am 52 and my undertsanding of my Gens slang for the snatch......<7>
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

  12. #12
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,344
    ^That's right... "women" Spot... Goddamn it... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    Pre-load your (and "family's") info into AA website and it's a snap.

    Sure you have to deselect a few times if you don't want extras but that's not difficult.
    I get wheelchair service and inevitably get VIP Immigration service, when applicable.

    However I'm booking from Thailand (or SEA) - no experience with booking them from OZ.

    The savings on SEA flights, booking well ahead, are better spent on other things

  14. #14
    Platinum Pinot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kamalala
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    But it's still paradise right? I mean it's still every man's dream to be where you are..Right? It's still the snatch right?

    Just checking..
    Dupree! Didn't know you were on here. Heard you have joined the "ban for life" club. It's an honor man.

    Yea, LOS is great. Marrying a Thai girl next month so I guess I'll be here awhile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •