Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Missing Thailand ?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar

Missing Thailand ?

Here's a go.... for anyone with the thai blues, maybe missing to mutt

Buy yourself a fully registered TUK TUK ...555555555

now i have seen everything on EBAY....55555555

I HAVE FOR SALE ONE ORIGINAL THAILAND TUK TUK..REGISTERED TILL JUNE 2013

IT HAS A 356CC TWIN CYLINDER TWO STROKE WATERCOOLED ENGINE.

4 SPEED PLUS REVERSE

THE MOTOR HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REBUILT FROM TOP TO TOE

THE TUK TUK HAS BEEN FULLY REBUILT

ALL NEW PARTS

NEW TYRES ,NEW RADIATOR ,ETC,ETC

I HAVE EVERY RECIEPT FOR THE NEW PARTS AND ALL THE MECHANICAL WORK DONE FOR IT.

I ALSO HAVE OVER $2000 DOLLARS WORTH OF NEW SPARES FOR IT . CLUTCH, PISTONS, RINGS HEADGASKET KITS .ETC,ETC

THERE IS ONLY 10 OF THESE TUK TUKS IN AUSTRALIA NO MORE CAN BE BROUGHT INTO AUSTRALIA ANYMORE.. YOU DO NOT NEED A HELMET OR SEAT BELTS TO DRIVE IT .

IT IS REGISTERED UNDER LOW VOLUME PROCEDURES..

PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT ACCEPT
    PAYPAL ONLY CASH OR BANK CHEQUE.

Item specifics
    Condition:
    Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
    VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 6B9S410000M2KX203
    Get the Vehicle History Report
    For Sale by: Private Seller Type of Title: Clear (most titles)
    Manufacturer: THAILAND DIAHATSU Registration Number: AC86NY
    Model: 13,000 Registration State: NSW
    Kilometres: 13,000 Registration Information: 06/2013
    Transmission: Manual Brand: thailand diahatsu
    Fuel Type: Petrol Date of Manufacture: 01/1993
    Colour: THAILAND DIAHATSU
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I always wondered how big,configuration and manufacturer of the engines in those things as there is so many of them it must be a decent size company.

4 SPEED PLUS REVERSE

Tuk Tuk in thailand :Thailand tuktuk.net :We are tuktuk manufacturer and exporter tuktuk from bangkok to England,Germany,Netherland,Switzerland,Australia,J apan,Dubai,Kuwait,Denmak,Finland,France and America

I notice they have a 4 stroke 660cc kit that fits straight into the 350 chassis,certainly would clear up a lot of the pollution problems from the smoky old maintainance starved 2 stroke models running around here in LOS.

Certainly would raise some eyebrows driving around the streets of Asian suburbs back home.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 15th December 2012 at 11:36.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

I was thinking of buying it just so when PBB and Thip or other BM's come to Sydney to visit, i could come and pick them up from the airport....5555 imagine the surprise when they walk through the airport doors and i say ok here is my car so hope in...5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    I was thinking of buying it just so when PBB and Thip or other BM's come to Sydney to visit, i could come and pick them up from the airport....5555 imagine the surprise when they walk through the airport doors and i say ok here is my car so hope in...5555
    Don't disappoint me now......

I'll even make sure I have 500bht on me for the fare.... 555
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Don't disappoint me now......

I'll even make sure I have 500bht on me for the fare.... 555
    500 Bhat ?....no no 1000 1000 1000 cheap mate cheap, come on take you special place !!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    500 Bhat ?....no no 1000 1000 1000 cheap mate cheap, come on take you special place !!
    O.K...... No Tailors or Gem shops though!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    I can remember about a year ago there was a company wanting to import 6 Tuk Tuks for use here in Perth and do scenic tours around Fremantle, they went through the process of trying to get them OK for road rego here and couldnt make the requirements so they gave up.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

The history of Tuk-Tuk in thailand.
    The vehicles known as Tuk-Tuk originated in Japan by Daihatsu and it was Thailand who subsequently went into production with these vehicles many years later.
    Thailand built Tuk-Tuks cost between 95'000 Baht and 150'000 Baht. As far as we know, there are about five to six manufacturers of Tuk-Tuks in Thailand.
    The original Thai Tuk-Tuk is found in many places in Thailand, mostly operating as an open air taxi. Named for the sound made by their small-capacity, two-cycle engines, tuk-tuks are often found in tourist areas, around markets, or cruising the streets for fares. It is common to see 4 or 5 people in one tuk-tuk, such as students heading home from school, or a single person riding a Tuk-Tuk full of boxes and bags being taken home from the market.

Visitors to Thailand are usually very interested and curious about the Tuk-Tuk, a locally made and designed three-wheeled vehicle. Tourists are often seen getting their picture taken with the open-air vehicle, and heard swapping tales of their experiences with the charming little machine.
    Tuk-Tuks were invented in Thailand over 50 years ago, evolving as a motorized relative of the rickshaw. The Tuk-Tuk was given its name from the rather rough sound of the early models. The single stroke motor powering the first three-wheelers had a distinctive hum when operating, and the "tuk-tuk-tuk-tuk-tuk" sound became a familiar sound to many in need of quick and convenient transportation in Bangkok. The Tuk-Tuk has improved its technology and quality over the years, while emerging as one of Thailand's most recognizable and identifiable symbols.
    While Tuk-Tuks are most commonly used for transporting passengers, many industrial uses for the vehicle have been initiated with dramatic changes incorporated into new designs and models. The relatively small size of the Tuk-Tuk finds the vehicle navigating small alleys on delivery routes, and scooting around narrow factories taking advantage of its agility and slight turning radius.
    Since the beginning, They can be modified to have automatic gears, doors, safety belts, air-conditioning, and much more depending on what the customer require.
    as current models, powered by a 550 CC Japanese made engine, are able to carry a payload of 1000 kilograms. Customers have used Tuk-Tuks for hauling goods in factories, distributing goods and products in regions that have extremely narrow roads, and transporting guests around resort properties

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    There are a few here in Cape Town, though i cannot vouch that they are original tuk tuk's or the Indian variation.. They are used around Sea Point and the Waterfront and are advertised as free.. can't vouch for the free part either.

Newby

KENS TUKTUK just registered my cool 356cc tuktuk in bondi junction.

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
    Here's a go.... for anyone with the thai blues, maybe missing to mutt

Buy yourself a fully registered TUK TUK ...555555555

now i have seen everything on EBAY....55555555

I HAVE FOR SALE ONE ORIGINAL THAILAND TUK TUK..REGISTERED TILL JUNE 2013

4 SPEED PLUS REVERSE

THE MOTOR HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REBUILT FROM TOP TO TOE

THE TUK TUK HAS BEEN FULLY REBUILT

ALL NEW PARTS

NEW TYRES ,NEW RADIATOR ,ETC,ETC

I HAVE EVERY RECIEPT FOR THE NEW PARTS AND ALL THE MECHANICAL WORK DONE FOR IT.

I ALSO HAVE OVER $2000 DOLLARS WORTH OF NEW SPARES FOR IT . CLUTCH, PISTONS, RINGS HEADGASKET KITS .ETC,ETC

THERE IS ONLY 10 OF THESE TUK TUKS IN AUSTRALIA NO MORE CAN BE BROUGHT INTO AUSTRALIA ANYMORE.. YOU DO NOT NEED A HELMET OR SEAT BELTS TO DRIVE IT .

IT IS REGISTERED UNDER LOW VOLUME PROCEDURES..

PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT ACCEPT
    PAYPAL ONLY CASH OR BANK CHEQUE.

Item specifics
    Condition:
    Used: An item that has been used previously. See the sellerís listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
    VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 6B9S410000M2KX203
    Get the Vehicle History Report
    For Sale by: Private Seller Type of Title: Clear (most titles)
    Manufacturer: THAILAND DIAHATSU Registration Number: AC86NY
    Model: 13,000 Registration State: NSW
    Kilometres: 13,000 Registration Information: 06/2013
    Transmission: Manual Brand: thailand diahatsu
    Fuel Type: Petrol Date of Manufacture: 01/1993
    Colour: THAILAND DIAHATSU
    can you give me any info on servicing my 356cc tuktuk Ken bondi 93692323 thanks

HI Ken

That wasn't my Tuk Tuk, i found it on Ebay and just posted it here....it not on Ebay anymore i am afraid so cant be of help to you

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by asiaforever View Post
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

can you give me any info on servicing my 356cc tuktuk Ken bondi 93692323 thanks
    You`ll have to find a bike shop that has someone who has worked on 2 stroke engines before,shouldn`t be too hard.

A good service would have the air filter cleaned,transmission oil changed,carby over hauled and cleaned,exhaust and exhaust port cleaned of carbon,new spark plugs.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 22nd December 2012 at 20:46.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Trying for post of the year again. 555555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Trying for post of the year again. 555555
    Spot can fix a tuk tuk. 555
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    I have looked into buying one of these here - my electric trike is a single - I'm not.
    Unfortunately, currently, a farang can't buy one without a taxi licence domestically - and a farang is restricted from getting a taxi licence 555!

Copped a 500 baht (farang price) for not displaying a current rego sticker on the car.
    She had paid it (I remember giving her the money) but the sticker was in her handbag - since October!
    It was my fault- I sit in the passenger seat (and can read thai script reversed - yeah, right!).
    Last edited by Zablive; 23rd December 2012 at 19:41.