Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: NZ road sign

NZ road sign

Could do with similar in Th.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Or...

FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    We have that sign in Aus too. Here are a couple more.

Cock.jpeg

Knob.jpeg

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    OMG.... that is a ripper!

Motorists really do take notice of signs which 'entertain' or convey a message.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    We are well over a thousand dead on our roads for December...bet that is more than nz or aussie have in a year...very sad...
    im always amused how bad people think thai's drive...not to bad compared to us saffas...i would hate to see how bad it would get if you put them into cars instead of bikes....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Anyone got her number?
    I love a girl that goes down while I drive...... yes I can control myself just enough not to have an accident and loose my member 55555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Anyone got her number?
    I love a girl that goes down while I drive...... yes I can control myself just enough not to have an accident and loose my member 55555
    You sick puppy! 555
    Cheers, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    We are well over a thousand dead on our roads for December...bet that is more than nz or aussie have in a year...very sad...
    im always amused how bad people think thai's drive...not to bad compared to us saffas...i would hate to see how bad it would get if you put them into cars instead of bikes....
    Them's big numbers for sure. Average for Th is running @ ~ 70 per day over this NY holiday period. Main contributor is cited as 'drink' but doesn't take fatigue and other factors into consideration. eg: Too many young inexperienced drivers travelling long distances.

NZ's total road toll for 2012 is around 300. Similar sized country to Th ... lower population, not counting sheep!
    Cheers, Rob.

Japan and Iceland (Malta is too small to include) look to be the safest countries to drive in...

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In order ranked by Road fatalities per 100,000 motor vehicles...

Iceland 5 fatalities per 100,000 motor vehicles
    Japan 6.8
    Netherlands 7
    Sweden 7
    Switzerland 7
    United Kingdom 7
    Germany
    Ireland
    Australia 8
    Luxembourg
    Norway
    Spain
    Finland
    New Zealand 11

Canada 13

USA 15

Thailand 118.8 fatalities per 100,000 motor vehicles
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Those figures are a bit skewed. NZ/AUS vehicles per capita is nearly 4x greater.

I'd like to see a breakdown of fatalities in Th... eg: how many were rear tray passengers, on coaches or unrestrained? Many of the worst accidents here involve multiples, not small numbers like in Aus/NZ. Coach accidents are too common... usually caused by fatigue and excessive speed.
    Cheers, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Those figures are a bit skewed. NZ/AUS vehicles per capita is nearly 4x greater.

I'd like to see a breakdown of fatalities in Th... eg: how many were rear tray passengers, on coaches or unrestrained? Many of the worst accidents here involve multiples, not small numbers like in Aus/NZ. Coach accidents are too common... usually caused by fatigue and excessive speed.
    I'll leave that with you to research then... 555

But yeah, you are right, there are many mitigating circumstances that skew results. Though I have driven all over the world and can't say I have found anywhere as safe and polite as the UK.... as for the worst? A toss up between Romania and the former Yugoslavia....

Though I have never driven in Africa... but as a passenger it seemed pretty mad in Cairo...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post

Though I have never driven in Africa... but as a passenger it seemed pretty mad in Cairo...
    As long as they don't pull you out of the car and start "Inserting stuff in you".
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    As long as they don't pull you out of the car and start "Inserting stuff in you".
    Is that all part of the service... or do you need to pay extra?

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I'll leave that with you to research then... 555

But yeah, you are right, there are many mitigating circumstances that skew results. Though I have driven all over the world and can't say I have found anywhere as safe and polite as the UK.... as for the worst? A toss up between Romania and the former Yugoslavia....

Yes, UK drivers are certainly polite. Traffic lights out and everyone stops before the intersection to give-way... amazing! Thailand and southern Italy are similar ... every man for himself but Ities use the horn more.
    Cheers, Rob.