Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FYI Breaking news New Zealand

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

FYI Breaking news New Zealand

[SIZE="5"]FYI[/SIZE]
    Major earthquake Christchurch hope no one has family there....

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I am listening to it on the radio, what a shock. Too many natural disasters this Summer for my liking.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/lar...-1226009955454

Hope all are well. Any NZ BM's here effected?
    Last edited by G4orce; 22nd February 2011 at 10:08.

Multiple fatalities looks very bad.

Fark this is not cool our thoughts go out.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Multiple fatalities looks very bad.
    One of my staff comes from Christchurch, so far has found most of his family are okay, still trying to locate the sister, phones lines are over-loaded to say the least. I expect there will be hundreds injured and dozens dead - and that might be optimistic
    Life is the unexpected ...

17 confirmed this early is a terrible sign with warnings to expect much worse.
    Watching the news there are buildings just completely collapsed and on a very large scale!

65 plus just get worse.

Managed to contact some friends in Ch Ch and they were ok. Have a NZ guy living near me in the UK whose whole family is in Ch Ch and he hasn't been able to get hold of them yet. Anxious times.

Watching the news not much good news all or our thoughts are with them i know..

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    75 dead confirmed...likely to rise.

Australian emergency services on the ground there already from NSW and QLD, Yanks and Japs (loads of experience with earthquakes) on the way.

Australia sending NZ anything it asks for and more.

I've heard that regardless of the final count, Australia has promised to replace every Kiwi lost with 10 others from our stocks here.

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    I've heard that regardless of the final count, Australia has promised to replace every Kiwi lost with 10 others from our stocks here.

Enjoy
    Sounds like the plan to out breed them in theire own country has begun 55555

Christchurch just after the quake...

Three Kiwi's here at work 2 from the south keeps going stayed in that hotel got photos of that i could have been there...many would feel the same.

That is a frightening shot when you understand what created it!!

Three Kiwi's here at work 2 from the south keeps going stayed in that hotel got photos of that i could have been there...many would feel the same.

That is a frightening shot when you understand what created it!!
    Like a giant has just shaken a big rug...

Lots of friends in Christchurch just getting back onto Facebook and announcing they are OK. Still a lot of people missing in those collapsed buildings. I wonder if they will rebuild Christchurh's CBD elsewhere? Uninsureable rebuilding in the current location...

Watching the news they show the houses on cliff where the hill has slipped away, houses above about to topple onto the ones below. Homes where rocks have bounced through them like match stick creations.....

You can insure your home...what about your land that has either been swallowed up or simply fallen away...gone??

Watching the news they show the houses on cliff where the hill has slipped away, houses above about to topple onto the ones below. Homes where rocks have bounced through them like match stick creations.....

You can insure your home...what about your land that has either been swallowed up or simply fallen away...gone??
    Is this the video?

113 confirmed dead now. But still a lot missing...

I had not seen that one but i think it shows the devastation very well. like a kid shaking a house of cards on a card table.

First funeral today for a 5 month old...first of many sad sad times.
    I am not sure how this city will come back from this....would you want to stay??

First funeral today for a 5 month old...first of many sad sad times.
    I am not sure how this city will come back from this....would you want to stay??
    I've got friends in Christchurch. Cleaning up the mess and rebuilding their houses. None of them want to leave... but I guess some people have been traumatised more than others. Plus... where can you hide in NZ? Most places are at risk of an Earthquake... maybe Auckland is supposedly the least at risk...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I've got friends in Christchurch. Cleaning up the mess and rebuilding their houses. None of them want to leave... but I guess some people have been traumatised more than others. Plus... where can you hide in NZ? Most places are at risk of an Earthquake... maybe Auckland is supposedly the least at risk...
    Living in Rotorua it was common but i cant remember a big one only ones that broke the odd window.
    They tell me that is a good thing as the pressure is not building up.
    The other problem we had was ground under foot paths and other structures falling away and steam rising.
    Remember that a lot. The council would just build a fence and re route the foot path. 55555

Maybe a leaf out of Japanese home building book and make Wood structures that are less likely to turn to rubble.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast