Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Asia Sale

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar

Air Asia Sale

Air Asia Big sale has just started, runs until the 20th. Travel from 20 Aug 13 to 9 Feb 14.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Bugga im looking for April lol

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Bugger I need july..

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    Bugga im looking for April lol
    Regular price is pretty cheap from Perth anyway, isn't it Gaz? Apart from AA are there many other LC carriers, eg: Scoot?
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Bugger I need july..
    July travel specials were last month.
    Picked up a CNX>OOL>CNX for around $700 in July which isn`t all that cheap. The best ones seem to be when you book around 10 months in advance.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    July travel specials were last month.
    Picked up a CNX>OOL>CNX for around $700 in July which isn`t all that cheap. The best ones seem to be when you book around 10 months in advance.
    Trying to think what we paid last time we traveled at these times was sub 700 but i would be happy with that.

Previous years i have paid between $350-400 return with AA from phuket to GC but they were booked around 10 months ahead.

I know plenty of people up here in CM who go back to Brisbane and it costs them usually around $1200.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Previous years i have paid between $350-400 return with AA from phuket to GC but they were booked around 10 months ahead.

I know plenty of people up here in CM who go back to Brisbane and it costs them usually around $1200.
    I saw John's Thai Airways booking slip, 38,000 Bt return! Jo and I did CNX > OOL return in Nov for under AUD$1k total, booked in April, via AA and Nok.

Scoot now have the best OOL > BKK fare and my son has booked for June trip @ AUD$600 returning with AA, all up with meals/bags. [Scoot's BKK > OOL flights appear to require an overnight stop in Singapore.]
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

^ yeah stopover in SIN required which is something that adds a lot more to the cost unless you really want to go to Singapore,which i don`t.

The OOL>KUL 21.35 departure flight works well as it gets into KUL around 4.30am and the KUL>CNX plane leaves at 7am.

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    I saw John's Thai Airways booking slip, 38,000 Bt return! Jo and I did CNX > OOL return in Nov for under AUD$1k total, booked in April, via AA and Nok.

Scoot now have the best OOL > BKK fare and my son has booked for June trip @ AUD$600 returning with AA, all up with meals/bags. [Scoot's BKK > OOL flights appear to require an overnight stop in Singapore.]
    I still find Thai airways the best deal. $1,100 Brisbane to Bkk return and only 9 hours, can be a trip as little as 16 hre Bkk to home. $1,250 for A and that's with 3 month layover. Costs about $150 return Mackay to Brisbane. I have looked at other options AA and others but best value is Thai. If go Aa ex OOL then have to get to OOL and an overnight in motel more expensive.

Who flies KL to Samui please?

Quote Originally Posted by dlew View Post
    Who flies KL to Samui please?
    I think Firefly and Bangkok Air.

Banned
    Last edited by Fionn; 17th July 2013 at 08:32.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I know im stupid Rob ... but who the hell are Skoot ?

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    I know im stupid Rob ... but who the hell are Skoot ?
    You think your stupid what the hell is ool aa and all the rest of these letters i know bkk ,scoot that what is say to the neighbours cat crapping on my lawn

Scoot is a low cost carrier (LCC) operating out of SIN that fly to Thailand and some Oz airports.
    AA Air Asia
    OOL code for Coolangatta airport.

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    Booked Ning and I Singapore Airlines Brisbane to Bangkok return for $1280 in April. This was the top economy fare but allowed me to make changes if required and get maximum status points.

I would have flown Scoot out of Gold Coast but because I fly with Virgin Australia every week my frequent flyer status allowed me lounge access in Brisbane, Singapore and Bangkok, free alcohol on the flights, 32kg baggage each, plus the points for flying are another bonus, as I can use them on my flights to and from work. So figured what the hell spend a little bit more and enjoy. Am actually looking forward to flying with Singapore Airlines, it will be my first time and have heard nothing but good things.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Gaz and Crispy, Scoot are a new low cost, I think a part of Singapore Air.

Here is their link FlyScoot.com: Get Outta Here!

They are so far mostly OOL (Coolangatta Gold Coast) and Sydney but are starting Perth in Sept 13.
    They have Carry on luggage fares and check bag fares and you have to buy food and drink like AA (Air Asia)

I would get on their promo update as there is always good deals for the first month or so of opening a new route. I remember AA doing OOL to KL for $5 plus taxes when the started out.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    Booked Ning and I Singapore Airlines Brisbane to Bangkok return for $1280 in April. This was the top economy fare but allowed me to make changes if required and get maximum status points.

I would have flown Scoot out of Gold Coast but because I fly with Virgin Australia every week my frequent flyer status allowed me lounge access in Brisbane, Singapore and Bangkok, free alcohol on the flights, 32kg baggage each, plus the points for flying are another bonus, as I can use them on my flights to and from work. So figured what the hell spend a little bit more and enjoy. Am actually looking forward to flying with Singapore Airlines, it will be my first time and have heard nothing but good things.
    That's a good deal for full service.

SIA were always a top operator except during that period of Air NZ ownership where they went off the rails.

I fondly recall a 707 flight SIN to LHR. I was in economy row 1 with 6 empty rows behind me. With the galley way down the rear, a hostie gave me 2 bottles of red instead of running up and down the aisle. In those days smoking was still allowed ... hard to imagine in such confined spaces.

@Crispy: airport/city codes may be found here > IATA Airport codes - Alphabetical List By City Name
    Cheers, Rob.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Now Crispy memorize all those airport codes to prevent the other posters having to write "A few letters more" 555!
    (on an information thread!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast