Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Good Is EBAY

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar

How Good Is EBAY

Ebay...i just love it, buy and sell both for my business and personal all the time, in fact i would say anything i generally need i always check Ebay first, if not just to check going prices and mostly in the end i purchase on Ebay, sad for the retailers i know.

Anyways here is a good example of picking up a bargain on Ebay.

Last Xmas i brought JK a new desk from Office Works, nice desk and cost me $289.00.

This Xmas before she left she gave me $300 as a present to buy myself something, so i decided i would buy the same desk as hers as we now had the space for 2 desks in our new expansive bedroom. So i was so close to marching into OfficeWorks to pick up my new desk, but i have being watching desks on Ebay to buy for the business, for a new configuration we have planned.

To my surprise up popped the exact same the same desk, i placed a $100.00 bid on it in the last seconds of the auction, ( as i always do as i dont like showing my hand to the last second) no one else bid and i scored it for $20 bucks..55555

As a side note, never list a item for sale at some odd hour on a Sunday night as this guy did, because unless someone is using a sniper software to purchase your item, you are relying on people to be up or at least remember, or be bothered, to be on Ebay at some ridiculous hour. Always better to list so your Auction will close on a Thursday ( yes pay day for most) at around 7.00 - 8.00 PM.

Anyway here is the pics of my bargin

JK's $289.00 desk

My $20.00 desk

Notice any difference, probably not as there isn't..55555 expect for the fact that i didn't have to spend 3 hours putting the flat packs together, i just lifted mine into place ( yes 3 hours when we put JK's together the instructions were missing...grrrrr)
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Great buying Sydney, did you have to pick it up or was delivery included 55555

I notice you have taken the spot with a window view...wonder how long that will last 55555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Great buying Sydney, did you have to pick it up or was delivery included 55555

I notice you have taken the spot with a window view...wonder how long that will last 55555

555555 you dont miss much do you JC...55555 no i did have to drive to Newport ( was going to visit you but you wernt there ???) to pick it up, but as always i was doing yet another run to Kimbriki, so much further and well worth the trip,

And yes i got the good view, first in best dressed mate, if she wants to go gallivanting off to Thailand for a holiday then bad luck..5555555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    To my surprise up popped the exact same the same desk, i placed a $100.00 bid on it in the last seconds of the auction, ( as i always do as i dont like showing my hand to the last second) no one else bid and i scored it for $20 bucks..55555

As a side note, never list a item for sale at some odd hour on a Sunday night as this guy did, because unless someone is using a sniper software to purchase your item, you are relying on people to be up or at least remember, or be bothered, to be on Ebay at some ridiculous hour. Always better to list so your Auction will close on a Thursday ( yes pay day for most) at around 7.00 - 8.00 PM.

Always better to list so your Auction will close on a Thursday ( yes pay day for most) at around 7.00 - 8.00 PM
    Great advice Syd...i use to have auctions finishing 8-10am sunday mornings or early evening.
    Picked up a great PC tower one time with a last minute bid too.

I started Ebaying around 8 years ago and used those strategies to get a lot of my things sold before i moved as well....one of my best sales was a AC/DC vinyl box set that i bought for $40 in the 70`s and kept unplayed until 5 years ago and got $300 for it on Ebay!! should have bought a truck load of them 555

Living here in LOS i use it regularly for things like phone,camera and laptop batteries and a lot of parts for my import bikes as well as vitamins that are a fairly pricey here in LOS.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

I am actually a little surprised Ebay works in Thailand Moo, only for fact that you have to trust the buyer that your goods will arrive as per description, if at all ? i didn't think Thais would go for it for that reason....although to say Thais dont trust each other is probably a big sweeping generalization ?

My 15 year old even uses Ebay all the time and has being since he was 10, buys things now from China and is happy to wait the 7 days for it to arrive, which is a major mindset change from the past, when if he decided he wants something it was want it NOW !! ...555

But it shows the future for retailers..not much of a future

I have had some issues with Paypal on occasions about things being delivered to LOS but i`ll then use an Oz delivery address when paying and send the seller an email and tell them to send it to my LOS address. Have always ended up getting anything i want.
    At times batteries and some other things i have wanted have been free delivery from China and HK...just got a camera battery for $7,GPS mounts $2 both with free delivery. Other times phone batteries and chargers free delivery too.

Not too many Thai`s would have a credit card so probably not much bought by the general public from Ebay i`d say.

Bargain! im currently waiting for some items to arrive, i buy alot of stuff from ebay. You could say im addicted.
    I can find everything i need and i dont mind waiting for delivery also.

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    You could say im addicted.
    5555 Yep +1.....i can see in the future they may have to start a EA counseling group, hold it next to the AA meetings so we can just go from one to the next

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    5555 Yep +1.....i can see in the future they may have to start a EA counseling group, hold it next to the AA meetings so we can just go from one to the next
    Now there's the go, we AA's can use you EA's to find us the cheapest drinks to buy 555555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

We use a local thing here called free-cycle. Like eBay except you never pay anything... 555

We get rid of stuff we don't need... and get stuff we do. We have had 3 huge desks for free, a bread-maker, (alas no juicer) a tumble dryer, a board-room table, a 21 inch flat-screen monitor.

You just have to get rid of a reasonable amount of stuff each year to qualify.

Quite handy. Do they have an equivalent elsewhere?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Just looked it up and UN-beknown to me yes we do have freecycle....just looking closer now,

3 Pages in and look what i found DP....looked up the brand and model and its not bad either, might grab it and have one at work as well....55555555

Ohhhh and one more thing.............never i mean NEVER show this free stuff site to your TG or wife....55555555555

I thought whatever you bidded was what you had to pay on Ebay. How did you get it for $20?

^ that would have been his max bid Dlew.
    If someone else`s max bid is $19 you get it for $20 then.

Yes Ebay automatically only increases you bid as necessary to achieve a higher bid then someone elses, so really when i bid $100 i am telling Ebay that thats my maximum i want to spend, from there the system does the rest......

So it only increases each bid by $1?
    If 3 people put a max bid of $100 what's it do?

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Online shopping in general is great.
    Try it on at the shops, then go home and buy it online considerably cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Online shopping in general is great.
    Try it on at the shops, then go home and buy it online considerably cheaper
    Having being hearing a lot of complaints from the retailers of exactly this...poor buggers

Quote Originally Posted by dlew View Post
    So it only increases each bid by $1?
    If 3 people put a max bid of $100 what's it do?
    The trick is to bid say $101.50 (or something similar) instead of the round number.

In the event of similar bids i think the first one to lodge it would win.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast