Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ****E, What next, now we have tsunarmi warning !!!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

****E, What next, now we have tsunarmi warning !!!

They have just anounced North Australia is at risk of a Tsunarmi, as a result of the earthquake in Japan. It is an official watch, they say it will be in 6-8 hrs.

America has also put their coast on alert.

The weather is going to hell in a handbag. We have flooding all over the place, higway is closed, and 92 of the 93 regions of Qld have been disaster declared at some point in the last 5 months. No wonder there isn't much confidence up here at the moment.

Saying that I send my thoughts to all those people in Japan and the islands that have been devistated, there will be many lives lost in this one.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    It is the closest the moon has been to the Earth in 19yrs...Previous supermoons took place in 1955, 1974, 1992 and 2005 - all years that had extreme weather events, the conspiracy theorists say.
    The tsunami that killed hundreds of thousands of people in Indonesia happened two weeks before the January 2005 supermoon. And on Christmas Day 1974, Cyclone Tracy laid waste to Darwin, Australia.

Read more: Lunar perigee: 'Supermoon' may cause weather chaos on Earth next week | Mail Online

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    The mood will effect the tides etc so why not.
    How is Tracy Grimshaws form....Tell everyone in Darwin.....HELLO whats that in the way Ahhh a firkin country...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    They have just anounced North Australia is at risk of a Tsunarmi, as a result of the earthquake in Japan. It is an official watch, they say it will be in 6-8 hrs.

America has also put their coast on alert.

The weather is going to hell in a handbag. We have flooding all over the place, higway is closed, and 92 of the 93 regions of Qld have been disaster declared at some point in the last 5 months. No wonder there isn't much confidence up here at the moment.

Saying that I send my thoughts to all those people in Japan and the islands that have been devistated, there will be many lives lost in this one.
    Awesome video.....the power of the ocean....we are ants!

Life is the unexpected ...

That water must have been moving sooooooooooo quick looked quick from way up high...

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Awesome video.....the power of the ocean....we are ants!

Awesume video ....but Terrible scene ...

I starting to think that it is a Karma. The nature is getting revenge from us ...bad ants.

It is terrible,
    No Idear of the loss of life.

Mother nature, seems pissed off at us, and is hitting ALL parts of the world.

Is it going to be tru?2012 the end??

I hope not, and that we can all survive this, funny how quickly, it all comes on the back of the world financial meltdown.

I don't know how to feel about this video of a fishing boat trying to ride out the tsunami... scary or what. Like the Perfect Storm scene...

^ Wooooh how would you be! Kirk to engine room warp speed our lives depend on it........that is scary stuff!

Watching the vision in Japan just gets worse.
    From a country so tech advanced still no match for mother nature..

If you can believe the news as they have a way of twisting the truth!
    Sounds like they have a nuclear disaster looming!!!
    Which if came to pass would be far more devastating than the Quake and all that in tales!

Hopefully the leak will be contained. Looks like they are going to write off the plant...

Back to the waves for a moment... this video shows the sets of Tsunami waves coming in. If it was Hawaii you'd say it was a surfing day... alas it's a deadly vision instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Hopefully the leak will be contained. Looks like they are going to write off the plant...

Back to the waves for a moment... this video shows the sets of Tsunami waves coming in. If it was Hawaii you'd say it was a surfing day... alas it's a deadly vision instead...

It is a terrible thing to see all those buildings being tossed into each other many would have been full of people.

How about the guy at the last bit, standing on the flatbed watching it coming, I would have been driving the thing to higher ground, or at least trying to outrun it.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    It is a terrible thing to see all those buildings being tossed into each other many would have been full of people.

How about the guy at the last bit, standing on the flatbed watching it coming, I would have been driving the thing to higher ground, or at least trying to outrun it.
    I don't think some people grasped it's scale.... had he seen or heard the news, or just assumed it was a flood?

Just keeps getting worse...

Some nice news amongst the tragedy...

BBC News - Japan quake: Survivor rescued from roof out at sea

Japan quake: Survivor rescued from roof out at sea

A 60-year-old man has been rescued from the roof of his floating home far out at sea, two days after a tsunami devastated Japan's north-east coast.

Hiromitsu Shinkawa was found by a defence ministry destroyer 15km (10 miles) from shore, officials said.

Mr Shinkawa's house in Minami Soma city in Fukushima prefecture had been ripped from its foundations and swept away by the retreating tsunami.

He was spotted waving a piece of red cloth, while clinging to the wreckage.

Mr Shinkawa told his rescuers that the tsunami had hit as he and his wife returned home to gather some possessions after the earthquake, and that his wife was swept away.

She is still missing.

"Several helicopters and ships passed by, but none of them noticed me. I thought that day was going to be the last day of my life," he was quoted as saying by a defence agency spokesman.

"I ran away after I heard a tsunami was coming. But I turned back to fetch something from home and was swept away. I was rescued while hanging on to the roof of my house," he said.

Mr Shinkawa was reported to be in "good condition" after being taken to hospital by helicopter.

Military officials said mild weather and relatively calm seas had helped him stay adrift for 48 hours, Kyodo news agency reported.

^ Small triumphs will take them all....happy and sad, your life and your wife ripped away!

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    ^ Small triumphs will take them all....happy and sad, your life and your wife ripped away!
    It's amazing how communities come back from this... Phuket, Banda Aceh, Sri Lanka and now North East Japan. But this time we saw the tsunamis out at sea... so we could appreciate the destruction as it happened whereas Banda Aceh especially we just saw the result... not sure what I am trying to say... but somehow seeing it happen makes it feel even more real?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    It's amazing how communities come back from this... Phuket, Banda Aceh, Sri Lanka and now North East Japan. But this time we saw the tsunamis out at sea... so we could appreciate the destruction as it happened whereas Banda Aceh especially we just saw the result... not sure what I am trying to say... but somehow seeing it happen makes it feel even more real?
    I must say that this is the only place that I'm in touch with the current news.... I made a decision a few months back to stop watching the nightly news as the kids were sitting there watching it with me... we have had a huge run of death and destruction being played out and the visions seem to be getting more graphic daily...

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I must say that this is the only place that I'm in touch with the current news.... I made a decision a few months back to stop watching the nightly news as the kids were sitting there watching it with me... we have had a huge run of death and destruction being played out and the visions seem to be getting more graphic daily...
    It has been traumatic lately... but is it the new reality? We may have been lucky so far...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast