Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: TG's 21st Birthday

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

TG's 21st Birthday

My GF will be down here for her 21st birthday in July, Was just wondering if the 21st is a big one for them as it is for us?

I am working that night and have asked for the night off (but knowing my boss, he will not allow it) but what would she be expecting for her 21st? I know the usual birthday with her friends consists of drinking, eating then going out. So that will be the plan(if the Nazi boss gives me the night off) but anything else I should be doing?

Do TGs even bother with birthdays? My experience is they think of them like Christmas... just another day. But maybe I pick odd TGs... 555

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Do TGs even bother with birthdays? My experience is they think of them like Christmas... just another day. But maybe I pick odd TGs... 555
    My GF and her friends always do something for their Birthdays. Just yesterday was her sisters birthday and she had to have time off work so she could go and cook and drink with her sister and friends. She then went back to work (drunk, I might add) and keep working 555.

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    My GF and her friends always do something for their Birthdays. Just yesterday was her sisters birthday and she had to have time off work so she could go and cook and drink with her sister and friends. She then went back to work (drunk, I might add) and keep working 555.
    Aaaah ok... I have just been lucky ;-) She doesn't acknowledge my birthdays either... 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Thip had her Birthday here last year, and was surprised when I suggested we celebrate it..... It struck me as kind of weired until my birthday came up a few weeks later.... she had no real inclination of celebrating that either...
    she only mentioned last week that she would be going home for her birthday this year and she seemed upset... I told her she could come straight back so she would be here for her birthday and she was over the moon...... go figure?

for my birthday Noy called me first thing in the morning and called me many times during the day. Then when I came to see her a month later she gave me a very nice watch(clearly a fake, but its the though that counts). I have talked to her a few times when she has said she was going to a friends birthday. As for Christmas, she is not a celebrator of that and has very little knowledge. I guess everyone is different.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Jeab certainly was aware, and a month before her bithday, said she wanted to be "in home Australia for my birthday". I got her here in time, and I got a cake and champs, she seemed a bit embarrised by it all.

She did make a point of calling her daughter and son so they could talk to her on her b'day. Also called the daughter when it was her birthday 5 weeks later. The present she promised was to open a bank account for her, when she got back home.

Jeab called me for my b'day, but it was easy for her to remember as it is the same as her son's.

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    My GF will be down here for her 21st birthday in July, Was just wondering if the 21st is a big one for them as it is for us?

I am working that night and have asked for the night off (but knowing my boss, he will not allow it) but what would she be expecting for her 21st? I know the usual birthday with her friends consists of drinking, eating then going out. So that will be the plan(if the Nazi boss gives me the night off) but anything else I should be doing?
    Some of us are right about Thai people that, we don't actualy cerebrate BD but for being a buddhism we do go to temple or offering food to monks for blessing. But there are so many Thai do cerebrate their BD, as we all know Thai have so many traditional and culture and we also take many of foreigner custom like Christmas, New Year, Valentine, etc.

I would not be hurt to give her a little BD gift, stay in side and have a cute little cake and with some candles or If you feel like doing a special night out, its probably light some more join.

For us, we usually stay in side, I will have a little gift that I made for Mr M. every year if I could think of something, if not I will give a BD card. And thats it! Oh and he will have his big wild range birthday gifts which chose & wrapped by himself if he could, some of them too big too wrap. (he got a 54" TV last year) and give me the bill that day

For me, I never be able to tell him what I want, so I will get a happy BD wish and a big hug, Thats all I ever want.

P.S. If you really can not have a night off on the day, She might be disappointed but I am sure she will understand. Whats matter is that you remember and do something for her.

Remember, women mind is the most complicate thing in the world, hard to understand but sometime quite easy to please ^_^

555, Thanks Mrs M. I do hope to get the night off but with resent things happening at work with Annual Leave i am not too sure how I will go with getting that day off. I think my boss has something against me being with a TG, But I honestly don't care what he thinks about that, as I am happy. As for the 21st, I was not sure if there was a big thing in Thai Culture and i guess you and others have confirmed that for me now. I think i will do the go out for dinner with a few drinks at home with some friends afterwards. The gift is a must but i have time to work out what that will be

The reason the 21st Birthday is highly celebrated in western culture dates back to Medieval times... it was considered the age of Knighthood as at 21 your bones had stopped growing and you could have your armour fitted...

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    The reason the 21st Birthday is highly celebrated in western culture dates back to Medieval times... it was considered the age of Knighthood as at 21 your bones had stopped growing and you could have your armour fitted...
    Well you learn something new everyday.
    You and Thip will have to come to this Birthday. I am sure Thip and Noy are going to be seeing eachother a bit during her stays in Aus, I will let you know the details closer to the time.

cool... I'll put it in the diary 555