Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily budget

Daily budget

What do you usaly budget daily in los i no it can be hard to stick to it at times

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Over my last couple of trips , I have averaged about 10k Baht per day , a few 5/6k days but also some 15k nights

I always bring enough TCs to cover 10k , but bring credit / debit cards as back up , as I'm usually only there for a two/three weeks , I don't want to be short of funds

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Is that just spending SE or including your accomadation?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Is that just spending SE or including your accomadation?
    Spending ( lady-drinks , drinks , girls , BFs, , taxis , food , sightseeing ) I don't count flights or accommodation

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Over my last couple of trips , I have averaged about 10k Baht per day , a few 5/6k days but also some 15k nights

I always bring enough TCs to cover 10k , but bring credit / debit cards as back up , as I'm usually only there for a two/three weeks , I don't want to be short of funds
    same as me... I usually find my daily spending to be on average just under 10k a day....

Just thought... I could sponsor a girl for a year rather than go on holiday. An altruistic holiday...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post

When I first read this, I was thinking "that's way too much"...
    But since I do not really keep a budget, I had to check how much I ATM-ed this last trip...
    260,000 in 29 days.. So, yes, about that for me too...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Expensive time of the year this time around, high season and around 200,000 baht after accommodation and flights. That's three Cities over 29 days.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Depends where in LOS I am and what I am up too.. In full party mode about 7 to 10 K Bht per day (excluding accommodation) but once I get to Chiang Mai it drops to 5K and some days even less.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    i must be a real cheap charlie then..i dont get close to those numbers 55555..especially when i dont have company 5555

PGC
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PGC's Avatar
    Pat yourself on the back "Thai Dreaming" a post like this normally gets the Cheap Charlies v the Two week Millionaires going full steam ahead and at least one banning with the Mods pulling their hair out.

Still if it helps any....I think Cheap Charlies give us Westerners a bad name and don't know how to enjoy themselves.....just saying like........

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    My current pace is 10k a day.

I think that the length of the trip plus just how much expendable income you have will roughly determine your budget. I usually go over budget the first few days, then pull things back a bit. Because I go over for four weeks I try and fit in a few booze free days in-between, For my sanity as much as anything else.
    Those days go a long way towards clawing the budget back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    I think that the length of the trip plus just how much expendable income you have will roughly determine your budget. I usually go over budget the first few days, then pull things back a bit. Because I go over for four weeks I try and fit in a few booze free days in-between, For my sanity as much as anything else.
    Those days go a long way towards clawing the budget back on track.
    Hell Pete R2000.00 a day is quiet a bit.. Even if you have a week off thats 40 000 saffa rands on your trip for party's..thats some serious partying by saffa standards...lots of lady drinks 5555....i would seriously battle to spend that kind of money here at home on a night out...in fact impossible 55555...
    you a bigger party animal than you told me 555555

Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    Pat yourself on the back "Thai Dreaming" a post like this normally gets the Cheap Charlies v the Two week Millionaires going full steam ahead and at least one banning with the Mods pulling their hair out.

Still if it helps any....I think Cheap Charlies give us Westerners a bad name and don't know how to enjoy themselves.....just saying like........
    its just differant strokes for differants folks thats all...not everbody enjoys getting hammered every night...im an early bird..enjoy the sunrises and morning beach walks...not so easy when i go to bed at 2am...late for me...enjoy my drinks but not hangovers 55555...so how much cash do you need for fun...depends what time you crash and if you like go go's...5555
    up to you 5555

I couldn't believe how expensive NZ was... a pint of beer is $10 in Auckland... that's 5.... and to think in England a pint is between 1.20 and 3.50 depending where you drink...

I used to think England was expensive...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    Hell Pete R2000.00 a day is quiet a bit.. Even if you have a week off thats 40 000 saffa rands on your trip for party's..thats some serious partying by saffa standards...lots of lady drinks 5555....i would seriously battle to spend that kind of money here at home on a night out...in fact impossible 55555...
    you a bigger party animal than you told me 555555
    Not really, that includes accommodation. And most years i do come back with a little change left over...
    In a party place like Patts or even Samui it is easy to rack up a reasonable bar bill, add BF and LT fees and 8K is well doable. But as I have said, CM will most days come out as absolutely tops 5K and often less...
    Looking at 8 days visiting a mate who lives and works in Udon. With 500 Bhat a night accommodation he has lined up for me and the fact that his GF has a small restaurant, I should come out on your budget 55555

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    well I live here and still manage to spend about 10K everytime I hit the bars....mind you I need the rest of the week to get over the hangover these days so that's only an average of 1300 baht a day on partying 555

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Not really, that includes accommodation. And most years i do come back with a little change left over...
    In a party place like Patts or even Samui it is easy to rack up a reasonable bar bill, add BF and LT fees and 8K is well doable. But as I have said, CM will most days come out as absolutely tops 5K and often less...
    Looking at 8 days visiting a mate who lives and works in Udon. With 500 Bhat a night accommodation he has lined up for me and the fact that his GF has a small restaurant, I should come out on your budget 55555
    your first post said excluding accomadation.around 10 k..but im still impressed 5555...did not think you were such a party animal...
    you dont have to answer but what does your month trip cost..everything included...surly cant be 150 000 baht ..(30 x 5000baht or have i got my numbers wrong) plus airfares...just wondering becouse im not even close on a 2 week trip...looks like i have to step up my game 5555
    not having a go pete..genuinely interested..im shocked how much its costing you in saffa money..around 60 000 rand with airfares
    btw i dont really budget add up at the end...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I have no idea what I spend. And my bookkeeper was instructed not to tell me...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    When I was holidaying, I used to get through 250-300K baht a month but that was including my rent at Kamala Hills and I was keeping two girls.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast