Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Thai loneliness

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

The Thai loneliness

So when I 1st moved to Vancouver I had this great Aussie girl that would take care of my dog when I went away for 15cad/day. She shared a house with 6 other people so she looked at being able to stay at my apartment alone as sort of payment, hence the cheap 15cad/day

Well, we wanted to find the same deal with one of Ao's Thai friends but they "lonely".......they looked at having the apartment to themselves and leaving their apartments with 5 people sleeping there as a negative! 555

I wish I was a TG... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Maybe it's the whole pee lawk thing. Too many ghosts in their head so feel safe in groups.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Could she not bring all 5 of her friends to stay in your apartment with her?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    555 yes. brilliant!...Let the silliness ensue....
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Buy 1, get 5 free. I have to try that on my next trip

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    It gets a little crowded at times, but it is doable. Not sure if there is room for a dog as well, though. I had that at Angeles City in the Pilipinnes, but found it very tiring for some reason. It reminded me of that scene in the movie "Little Big Man" where Dustin Hoffman had to look after the 4 sisters in the Teepee.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    So who's looking after the 'lioness' , or is she travelling with you?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Sartre said hell is other people and I agree. I enjoy my privacy and it's the one thing I always make sure I keep. Plenty of social interaction with people and friends during the week and on weekends, but I like to be able to retreat to a nice, quiet sanctuary when I've had enough.

But if I ended up living with 5 people for an extended period then I'd probably start heading the other way. It's just conditioning.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Sartre said hell is other people and I agree. I enjoy my privacy and it's the one thing I always make sure I keep. Plenty of social interaction with people and friends during the week and on weekends, but I like to be able to retreat to a nice, quiet sanctuary when I've had enough.

But if I ended up living with 5 people for an extended period then I'd probably start heading the other way. It's just conditioning.
    I'm like you in that respect. I just wish Thailand wasn't so far away, and expensive to go back and forth. I'd rather just pop back and forth every few months rather than splitting the whole year up into two segments.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Sartre said hell is other people and I agree.
    yes...but he had Simone de Bouviour as a partner...live with that 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Not Eric ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    So who's looking after the 'lioness' , or is she travelling with you?

She is in LOS and I am heading over there to meet her
    Funny enough, the way my flight worked, she leaves yo go back to Van on 23rd and i for back on 25th

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    she leaves yo go back to Van on 23rd and i for back on 25th
    is that safe ? ....5555555
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    is that safe ? ....5555555
    ha
    i am boring as fcuk now Sydney 555

maybe 5 years ago it wouldn't be

the funny thing is she booked her trip without letting me know....she wanted to go home for Songkran and pays for it herself.......fair play
    then i told her i could come and she was very happy and when i fouind the flight but it left on 25th she was fine with that
    but i know once she is leaving Thailand and I am still there she will give me the ****s!

actually, i last see her on 20th, she heading back to BKK and i am moving on solo
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 29th March 2014 at 00:48.

^^ Brings out the best in both of you in this unusual situation ( i say unusual as normally on a better timed/planned trip you would probably fly together)

She obviously trusts you, and as we know many TG wouldn't, you obviously trust yourself because you are old and boring...555

And it really shouldn't be a big deal 5 days apart in LOS, but some would try to make it that way

[QUOTE=Sydney;142908And it really shouldn't be a big deal 5 days apart in LOS, but some would try to make it that way[/QUOTE]

she simply won't do things i find fun
    i plan on giving her and her family all my attention the 1st 9 days i am with them, whatever they want to do i will do...totally willing visitor to the village
    but i want to hike in the national parks, get up early and get out and do things outdoors and none of that interests her
    i told her they should come to Khao Sok National Park with me and they can fly home from Surat Thani but even though it is one of the most beautiful places in her country.........she has no interest, so is fine to let me go on my own

hmmmm sounds like fun, wish i was coming..55 bit like yourself, i am well overdue for a trip to LOS, more than 4 years for me, lucky my inlaws don't care about face, FIL has had a business most his working life so understands my situation.

Not sure about you, but i like that degree of separation, as in her not wanting to do everything i like doing, that space can be a good thing, providing it doesn't grow into a gulf...555

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    hmmmm sounds like fun, wish i was coming..55 bit like yourself, i am well overdue for a trip to LOS, more than 4 years for me, lucky my inlaws don't care about face, FIL has had a business most his working life so understands my situation.

Not sure about you, but i like that degree of separation, as in her not wanting to do everything i like doing, that space can be a good thing, providing it doesn't grow into a gulf...555
    i met her when she was 21yrs old and she was immature
    she would give me **** for wanting to go on trips alone

but now, she realizes i want to do things that she absolutely has no interest in

as for face.....i think it is total crap BUT this trip is kind of me doing it out of duty(although looking forward to it)
    i didn't plan on going but i haven't see her mom and son in 3 years, there is a ceremony for her dad who passed in October..........so i felt i should go

but i will have fun too!....

I think i can feel your excitement slowly building now for this trip...5555, you sounded very nonchalant about it when you first mentioned it, but now that you are planning yourself some activities it all seems to be coming alive .....

Try to get plenty of good pics ( i have to say there is quiet a high standard on this forum now ..55) ... be good to see Khao Sok and any others you manage to hike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast