Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: This guy is a legend

This guy is a legend

*The same sniper, with his first shot on the tour of duty, killed a Taliban machine-gunner from 1340m

*It is understood the lance corporal was using an L115A3 gun, the Army's most powerful sniper weapon.

How a British sniper killed six Taliban with one bullet

Thank you Lance Corporal you are a Legend!

Platinum
    Great shooting at that distance with so many factors involved.

Don't forget the premier rifle events in Australia, NZ and Britain used to be shot out to 1000 yards with the good old .303 and they were shot with aperture sights (no lenses), not telescopic sights,
    Great deal of satisfaction in getting bullseyes at that range.

He probably couldn't afford to miss either.... so that is impressive...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    My ex boss was into rifles and he had a video on his computer of an American sniper in Afghanistan shooting the Taliban in the rocks of the mountain a hell of a long way away.

It was the guy spotted the man moving across the rock, he fired and it was 2-3 seconds then you saw the guy explode, arms come off etc, he got about 4 in the time of the video.

I asked him to email me a copy but he forgot, or maybe it was over size for my provider at the time.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    A lot of math behind long range hits. And you have to do it all in your head on the spot. Snipers are all basically hardened nerds 555
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    My ex boss was into rifles and he had a video on his computer of an American sniper in Afghanistan shooting the Taliban in the rocks of the mountain a hell of a long way away.

It was the guy spotted the man moving across the rock, he fired and it was 2-3 seconds then you saw the guy explode, arms come off etc, he got about 4 in the time of the video.

I asked him to email me a copy but he forgot, or maybe it was over size for my provider at the time.
    This one ?

****WARNING VERY GRAPHIC****

Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    OMG what did he shoot him with to make him blow up like that ? Bloody good shooting.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    A lot of math behind long range hits. And you have to do it all in your head on the spot. Snipers are all basically hardened nerds 555
    Its a lot easier now with laser rangefinders which measure the distant to a metre or two.
    You can now get scopes that auto laser read the range or will accept the distance you enter and also has the data for your powder and bullet weight entered in so you just put the cross hair on the target and allow for windage.
    The difficulty is assessing the wind pressure which gets way more complicated, hard enough on a flagged range but in open territory you are looking at things like dust, mirage, grass movement, tree movement etc. The wind doesn't move at say 15kph constant over the whole 1200 metres or so it moves in eddies like water in a river so there is a lot of assessment and educated guessing and of course experience into successful long range shooting.
    Last edited by TLandHim; 4th April 2014 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    OMG what did he shoot him with to make him blow up like that ? Bloody good shooting.
    Fifty I'd imagine.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Fifty I'd imagine.
    Barrett 50 Cal.

R.I.Pieces.
    Last edited by Soupdragon; 5th April 2014 at 01:47.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Ah, John Wayne used to shoot indians at a 1000 yards with his Colt 45, while riding a horse at a gallop. I even saw him shoot 10 indians with his revolver without even reloading. 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Thanks Soupy thats the one alright.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Its a lot easier now with laser rangefinders which measure the distant to a metre or two.
    You can now get scopes that auto laser read the range or will accept the distance you enter and also has the data for your powder and bullet weight entered in so you just put the cross hair on the target and allow for windage.
    The difficulty is assessing the wind pressure which gets way more complicated, hard enough on a flagged range but in open territory you are looking at things like dust, mirage, grass movement, tree movement etc. The wind doesn't move at say 15kph constant over the whole 1200 metres or so it moves in eddies like water in a river so there is a lot of assessment and educated guessing and of course experience into successful long range shooting.
    Interesting info... like
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Watch these two vids. Pretty cool.

I've no idea what they're shooting at half the time though, and by the sounds of it, neither do they. They spray all over the place. But they manage to step back and start taking more aimed and accurate shots in the seconds video.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I'm glad I'm not paying for the bullets. The bullets for my rifles cost over 2 dollars apiece.