Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Noise canceling headphones

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar

Noise canceling headphones

After procrastinating for almost 12 months I finally bought myself a set, should of got em 12 months ago!!
    Watched a movie and listened to music without that drone of planes turbine in the background :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadet Bronze
    ^ Nice looking cans. Sennheiser make good kit too. I have a pair of HD280 pro's for years (the old classic dj ones). I give them a lot of use and abuse also. Still sounding and performing great.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    After procrastinating for almost 12 months I finally bought myself a set, should of got em 12 months ago!!
    Watched a movie and listened to music without that drone of planes turbine in the background :-)
    Sounds good (a not unintended pun)
    How much were they?
    and anyone any suggestions for similar available in Phuket
    or another successful brand

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    I've had a pair of Audio Technica headphones for about 5 or 6 years. Not in the same league as Sennheiser or Bose but work perfectly well. No idea if you can buy them in Phuket but I've seen them for sale in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.

The Sennheisers above are AU$529 on the same site I linked to above.

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Sounds good (a not unintended pun)

How much were they?

and anyone any suggestions for similar available in Phuket

or another successful brand

I bought these from eBay America for $AU270 including postage. Saved myself $150 from the cheapest I came across on eBay Australia :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    I've had a pair of Audio Technica headphones for about 5 or 6 years. Not in the same league as Sennheiser or Bose but work perfectly well. No idea if you can buy them in Phuket but I've seen them for sale in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.

The Sennheisers above are AU$529 on the same site I linked to above.

I had a look at the audio technica, excellent value for price, they rated above the Bose on an independent review website I looked at, almost bought them until I stumbled across these at a great price.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I bought these from eBay America for $AU270 including postage. Saved myself $150 from the cheapest I came across on eBay Australia :-)

I wonder why everything costs so much more in australia? Oh right. Those over paid, home owning, multiplying hamburger flippers I think...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I wonder why everything costs so much less in america? Oh right. Those under paid, home owning, multiplying hamburger flippers I think...
    Fixed................!
    wabbits likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    Fixed................!
    Take out the home owning and add in the cost per item decline because of our 350M people purchasing power discount and it will be correct...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I flew In Jetstars Version of Business class a couple of times and they have Bose. Makes a hell of a difference to sound quality and blocking out the Plane/other passengers noise. But found them a bit uncomfortable to wear after a while. A bit heavy, not some thing you would want to carry around in your back pack.

I much prefer my Bose noise canceling QC2 headsets

Newby
    I agree Dazza.

Money well spent I reckon.

I got a pair of Beats Studio headphones a couple of years back. I don't know how they'd compare with the Sennheiser, Bose etc. All I know is that they are pretty awesome.

Ditto when using them on a flight. Completely cancel the engine drone and you also don't need to have the volume on the video unit up to max to hear it.

Mine, and imagine all, also came with an adapter that seems to suit any type of outlet that the plane may have for the video unit.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I liked my $250 Bose headphones until the soft earpiece started to crumble into little bits after only 2 years of light usage. I'll never buy another Bose product.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I liked my $250 Bose headphones until the soft earpiece started to crumble into little bits after only 2 years of light usage. I'll never buy another Bose product.

Can't you order new earpieces mate?

My 1st pair were Bose with a cable volume / battery pack, loved them but the ear piece crumbled like Ian's and I'd have bits of black smutt around my ears. I have a Sony pair now (cheaper) which I thought would be more comfortable as the earmuff swivels, no volume control and they produce harmonics if you touch the headrest or have a window seat. I use mine often with the source plug out just to get the quiet effect for a doze, essential when there are kids on the flight.

Can't you order new earpieces mate?

The problem is finding who sells them and how to contact them. Each ear muff is different. I was given a phone number, but sitting waiting for someone to answer is a pain.
    Dazza likes this.

When mine started shedding I enquired at a Bose shop whilst visiting Bostan USA, they wanted to send them off for repair as the gel muffs were bonded on, cost $$ and time I did not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    The problem is finding who sells them and how to contact them. Each ear muff is different. I was given a phone number, but sitting waiting for someone to answer is a pain.
    Same thing happened to my Bose after a few years of usage. But, I went down to my local Bose store and bought new pieces, good as new. About a year or so later, the headphone broke after the kid was playing with them (snapped off one side). I went back down to the Bose store and to my surprise, they gave me $150 trade-in for a new pair!

I also have the in-ear sport Bose headsets as well. Traded in the old ones, got $75 credit for a new pair. I'll stick with Bose. On that note, I did try the in-ear Bang & Olufsen but found them to be lacking bass. The sales person told me they are meant more for classical type music.

Quote Originally Posted by luvinpatong View Post
    Same thing happened to my Bose after a few years of usage. But, I went down to my local Bose store and bought new pieces, good as new. About a year or so later, the headphone broke after the kid was playing with them (snapped off one side). I went back down to the Bose store and to my surprise, they gave me $150 trade-in for a new pair!

I also have the in-ear sport Bose headsets as well. Traded in the old ones, got $75 credit for a new pair. I'll stick with Bose. On that note, I did try the in-ear Bang & Olufsen but found them to be lacking bass. The sales person told me they are meant more for classical type music.
    Thanks for the reply. Now my next problem will be finding a Bose store somewhere within a thousand miles. We have the big-box stores that sell computers and such from various makers, but no actual outlets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast