Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Quarky
  • 1 Post By Ian Forbes

Thread: anyone flew with KLM?

anyone flew with KLM?

Im flying with KLM out of Amsterdam ive read some good reviews any first hand information good or bad hopfully good 5555

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    possibly the rudest and most arrogant staff of any airline I have ever flown....they are on my personal banned list

I found them okish... about the same as Air France...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    ^^Hmm.. Have different experience..555
    They are not the cheapest, but as compared to other airlines flying out of Amsterdam straight to Thailand (China and Eva) I find them quite good..
    They do fly on time, because they have priviledged take off rights in Amsterdam, checking i is easy for the same reason.
    On the flights they use the newer planes, no problems in ordering drinks on flight (China is very difficult in that)..

Only thing now, is that you are not sure on which plane you will end up... They have a joint-venture with China, and the KL fight and CA can be the same!

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    ^^Hmm.. Have different experience..555
    They are not the cheapest, but as compared to other airlines flying out of Amsterdam straight to Thailand (China and Eva) I find them quite good..
    They do fly on time, because they have priviledged take off rights in Amsterdam, checking i is easy for the same reason.
    On the flights they use the newer planes, no problems in ordering drinks on flight (China is very difficult in that)..

Only thing now, is that you are not sure on which plane you will end up... They have a joint-venture with China, and the KL fight and CA can be the same!
    I guess I compare everything to Emirates/Etihad now... and try to fly one of them where possible... just so much better than most.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I guess I compare everything to Emirates/Etihad now... and try to fly one of them where possible... just so much better than most.
    When I have holidays, I want to be there asap...55
    So for me there are only China, Eva and KLM..
    Had Air Berlin flying straight from Dusseldorf, but they joined with Etihad, so stop over i the emirates somewhere..

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    When I have holidays, I want to be there asap...55
    So for me there are only China, Eva and KLM..
    Had Air Berlin flying straight from Dusseldorf, but they joined with Etihad, so stop over i the emirates somewhere..
    when I fly non stop to NZ it is London - Dubai - BKK - Sydney - Auckland. A nice 31 hours.... with 3 breaks... no need to rush... 55

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Winston lives in northampton england according to his "location"....he has tons of better airline options without going through Schipol...

He's already chosen KLM this time though... depends what he likes... non stop with no fuss... or a bit of class thru UAE...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    when I fly non stop to NZ it is London - Dubai - BKK - Sydney - Auckland. A nice 31 hours.... with 3 breaks... no need to rush... 55
    new meaning to the word non stop DP 5555555....wow it really is a long way....is it not better to break it up..or do you prefer to get it out of the way in one go....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    KLM has alot of codeshare agreements, so check your routing and you may not be on a KLM aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    new meaning to the word non stop DP 5555555....wow it really is a long way....is it not better to break it up..or do you prefer to get it out of the way in one go....
    Sometimes I force myself to have a break in that seedy place which lies about half way along my route... 555
    meese likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I hear that in 80% of their flights they actually reach their destination. 55555
    Quarky likes this.

He is most likely flying from Birmingham to Amsterdam; my next trip 11May booked a while back 14 Dec with Swiss through ZRH but return Lufti through FRA, fingers crossed they will honour through check with PG to HKT.
    I could book the same dates and similar travel time today with Qatar or KLM for the same price, makes nonsense of early booking but I guess due its off season, however my actual flights have gone up about 250 so I hope they are worth it !!!!