Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Tattoo the plane the plane

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Tattoo the plane the plane

Now seriously tattoos' a stamp of approval or a bane of the old aged.
    My stance is who cares if you have one but why would you get one that might...Will pigeon hole you?
    I could not do my job with visible tattoos in fact it would stop my employ right or wrong.
    But I notice here in oz it is not the domain of drunken sailors or bricky labourers or NRL players.
    Girls young, on legs full arms and all walks of life ....Fashion hmm well we all know about fashion now don't we.555
    I can't help sometimes to make assumptions so why the rush to alter and most likely limit opportunity for yourself.....
    Not bashing I got one but you would only ever know if I tell you.
    I find this trend quite short sighted what do you guys think?

Another tattoo thread... it's getting like the music threads.. 555

I always wonder if people think about what they might look like after the age of 30 when they get one so young....
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    i always like the dolphin that women are so fond of that turns into a whale as they age5555...never any middle ground on tats..you either like them or you dont....

This is more the thought process as to how might this effect me in the day to day..
    Not bashing or even for or against.
    Last edited by wabbits; 4th May 2014 at 21:27.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Another tattoo thread... it's getting like the music threads.. 555

I always wonder if people think about what they might look like after the age of 30 when they get one so young....
    I was well past 40 before I had my first... Have them, don't have them. It is up to you.
    I would advise that people think long and hard before they mark themselves for life, but then again it is their choice and I advise, not dictate...

It is funny though how those without seem to have more opinions about tattoo's than those with....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Well I don't have and considering where I've been it is a bit unusual.

Frankly I don't see having ink on you somehow gets you respect. Somehow makes you more of a legend or a scary person. I know many that do, but not me.

Respect is earnt by hard work not a drawing, I was lucky enough to earn it by work, so didn't need to ink.

I agree it is very much more accepted today, and is more of a fashion statement but I wonder how they will look in 30yrs when the muscle tone is gone, the ink is faded etc.

As for people that get a name inked, unless its your kids, or parents, you got to be crazy!!

Wabbs you talk about mental attitude, I think in some people, there is the desire/need to be in pain to show their strength. Now it can also become addictive. One of my neighbours, a good bloke, big fit, got a small one on his lower back, then he was hooked, he spent all his savings, even fell behind in rent because he had to get another tat. and another and another etc.

As I said to him, if you really are addicted to the pain, I can, for the $7-800 your paying, give you all the pain you can stand, take you close to death if you want and not leave any scars. He declined, Damn!!

PS: Same goes for piercings, I can't understand why you put a metal ring in your body so when in a fight it's the first thing to get grabbed.

I guess it's always the same, differences in generations, we rebelled by having long hair over our collar and down our back, bushy sideburns like Elvis etc.
    Last edited by justcruzing1; 4th May 2014 at 21:39.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

So why should it be about respect or fashion for that matter? And what has age got to do with it?
    A friend of my late mothers got herself a tattoo (Her first) when she turned 70.
    Each one of mine has a personal meaning to me, they represent a period in my life. Tell a little story in my head.

They are mine and they will be mine to take to the grave without regret...

^yes but have you got one on your forearm or forehead for that matter

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post

Frankly I don't see having ink on you somehow gets you respect. Somehow makes you more of a legend or a scary person. I know many that do, but not me.

Respect is earnt by hard work not a drawing, I was lucky enough to earn it by work, so didn't need to ink.
    Jeez JC, you really have a lopsided view on such things, not everyone who gets a tattoo thinks they're a tough guy...or a wannabe somebody !!
    I have tattoos that signify both my parents deaths and also my both my childrens birth, they are quite large but not visible if I'm wearing a T-Shirt.
    I don't prance around with no shirt on with the pretence on earning respect FFS........crazy really...
    PeteGill likes this.

Pete that is fine, I think what Wabbs was asking about was the ones that are done with half an arm covered, the side of a face, the whole of a leg and at an age that in later life they may prevent employment because of their "Out there" location or what they say.

The point about respect i was making is in my mind I don't give a Bikie with a full body of tats any more respect than one with a couple on his arm. A lot of others do, I don't. Simple as that.
    Likewise I decided against any ink but still had to work in situations where that was considered weak, lacked being worthy of respect. So I had to earn that same respect by my deeds.

I won't ever say Never, one day I may get one if I find a personal desire to, but it won't be to show how tough I am or for fashion, to be a part of a group.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    ^yes but have you got one on your forearm or forehead for that matter
    One on my inner forearm that is quite visible under normal circumstances. And (So far ) on a calf that is visible when I wear shorts.
    I would not have a tattoo on my head or neck area, but again that is just me.
    No issues work wise. I am not sure that I would want to work for anyone who deems it necessary to discriminate against it's staff in any way, shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    One on my inner forearm that is quite visible under normal circumstances. And (So far ) on a calf that is visible when I wear shorts.
    I would not have a tattoo on my head or neck area, but again that is just me.
    No issues work wise. I am not sure that I would want to work for anyone who deems it necessary to discriminate against it's staff in any way, shape or form.
    I do work in an industry where first impressions are massively important and it would impact me negitivly and that would mean makeing less money.
    Not right or wrong just how it is.
    I am not casting judgement just interested in the thought process....I always liked the big celtic style tatts that run the full length of your arms but not if I want to do my job.
    Also I had this deal with myself if I liked a tatt I had to like it in a year before I would get it....Lucky as I first thought about putting Conan the barbarian on my arm

I took my own advise....

^You wouldn't get a job in Japan... or likely in a Japanese company with that either... 555

I agree each to their own. But kids need to be aware of what the repercussions might be..
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    I've got lots of ink, but if I'm somewhere conservative, or out to dinner, or definitely if I was prospecting for work - you'd never know.

Same as when I fly, I cover up = long sleeve shirt. Simply because there are people out there who still frown on people with Tatoos !

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^You wouldn't get a job in Japan... or likely in a Japanese company with that either... 555

I agree each to their own. But kids need to be aware of what the repercussions might be..
    I am in agreement with that, think long and hard before you have any art done Especialy the younger folk... But by the same token, respect the rights of people who have decided to go down that road.

I do work in an industry where first impressions are massively important and it would impact me negitivly and that would mean makeing less money.
    Not right or wrong just how it is.
    What do you do? Funny that the people that we trust to protect us, the police and military are often inked up...

Good call on the Conan tatt though 55555

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    I've got lots of ink, but if I'm somewhere conservative, or out to dinner, or definitely if I was prospecting for work - you'd never know.

Same as when I fly, I cover up = long sleeve shirt. Simply because there are people out there who still frown on people with Tatoos !
    Obes I admire you, and I think you have a very good common sense. Also understanding/respect of other peoples thoughts. It doesn't mean your wrong for having them, just your not going to rub them in others faces.

It could be smoking, or wearing a Bhurker if it is in the appropriate time/location then fine.
    The world needs tolerance and part of that is also acceptance. On both sides.
    You seem to have that quality.
    obes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    What do you do? Funny that the people that we trust to protect us, the police and military are often inked up...

Good call on the Conan tatt though 55555
    Yea think so.5555
    Finance for me...would you trust your
    Bank manager if he was inked up??

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Yea think so.5555
    Finance for me...would you trust your
    Bank manager if he was inked up??
    never trust a bank manager 5555
    wabbits likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Jeez JC, you really have a lopsided view on such things, not everyone who gets a tattoo thinks they're a tough guy...or a wannabe somebody !!
    I have tattoos that signify both my parents deaths and also my both my childrens birth, they are quite large but not visible if I'm wearing a T-Shirt.
    I don't prance around with no shirt on with the pretence on earning respect FFS........crazy really...
    Well Dazza it really is just a different opinion, or life experiences.

I guess, and thought, Wabbs question was based on "In your face Tats" not Ink that is a memorable in a place that is normally covered. Even If it wasn't covered if it has a reason to be there, like you say then that's fine by me.

I don't think I'm crazy or even biased.

I talk of my life experience's, that's all. Just as Wabbs says he would find it hard to get his current job if he had visible tats, I found it hard to hold respect in the job's I worked, because I didn't have any ink. I was the one being discriminated against, and the way they did it wasn't nice.

You think I'm lopsided? well I hope your tat's, when you take your shirt off, help keep you alive if your going to look after 1,300 lebs, greek's, Itilains and other nationalities and then add in the Bandito's, Hells Angles, and Comenchero's EVERY night.

My point was, just because you have a tat doesn't make you tough, as so many seem to believe. I don't look to see if there are any tat's before I knife hit with my fingers to a throat.

But all of this says the same, I don't give power to a Tat, and i don't give any more or any less respect to the person with it. I look at the person only.

However I have seen exactly what Wabbs was saying, kids going for tat's because they think its cool, without any thought of after effects in life.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast