Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What is your ideal place to live - climate wise?

What is your ideal place to live - climate wise?

We should start a thread... "Where.. has the best climate in the world... to live in?"

Should create a few heated discussions. As we all have different thresholds. I'm a bit like Paulie, I like 20 to 25 degrees. Not too humid. Though for training I like around 15 to 20 degrees. Now... I wonder where in the world is always between 15 and 25 degrees all year... 555
    Last edited by Quarky; 29th August 2014 at 03:18.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    We should start a thread... "Where.. has th best climate in the world... to live in?"

Should create a few heated discussions. As we all have different thresholds. I'm a bit like Paulie, I like 20 to 25 degrees. Not too humid. Though for training I like around 15 to 20 degrees. Now... I wonder where in the world is always between 15 and 25 degrees all year... 555
    No need to ask. The Bay area is the best. Average temp of 67F. In the summer there can be a range of 55 to 90 within 10 miles. Soif you want cooler or warmer you can drive to it in minutes....

Daily Averages for San Francisco, CA - weather.com
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    No need to ask. The Bay area is the best. Average temp of 67F. In the summer there can be a range of 55 to 90 within 10 miles. Soif you want cooler or warmer you can drive to it in minutes....

Daily Averages for San Francisco, CA - weather.com
    But don't you have that... fog... 555

But don't you have that... fog... 555
    Exactly. It's nature's air conditioner. Foggy at the coast. But drive a 3 miles in and it's sunny and warm. Drive another 30 minutes and the heat is stifling. It's all about options here.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    I was down here earlier this week. the weather is perfect...

Coastal San Diego Region of California

A global destination for beach lovers, the cool Pacific Ocean strongly moderates San Diego's climate. Based on NOAA data measured at the city of San Diego, the region experiences an average annual daily high of 69.7F and an average annual nighttime low of 57.5F, with an overall daily mean annual temperature of 63.6F. The hottest month, August, experiences an average daily high temperature of 76.4F and a nighttime low of 66.7F. San Diego's coldest month, December, sees an average daily high of 64.7F and a mean nighttime low of 48.4F. Each year, just over 10 inches of rain falls on San Diego, on average, with the wettest month, February, seeing just over two inches of rainfall. Only one hurricane has ever struck San Diego in its recorded history, and according to the Tornado History Project, nine tornados (all relatively mild, but tornados nevertheless) have struck the coastal San Diego region since 1980. Hot Santa Ana winds can blow through the region from late summer through winter. Although not perfect, the coastal San Diego region does rank as ideal to many.

^I'm pretty sure you plagiarized that...

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    ^I'm pretty sure you plagiarized that...
    I had Hatari write it for me..
    Hatari likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    I was down here earlier this week. the weather is perfect...

Coastal San Diego Region of California

A global destination for beach lovers, the cool Pacific Ocean strongly moderates San Diego's climate. Based on NOAA data measured at the city of San Diego, the region experiences an average annual daily high of 69.7F and an average annual nighttime low of 57.5F, with an overall daily mean annual temperature of 63.6F. The hottest month, August, experiences an average daily high temperature of 76.4F and a nighttime low of 66.7F. San Diego's coldest month, December, sees an average daily high of 64.7F and a mean nighttime low of 48.4F. Each year, just over 10 inches of rain falls on San Diego, on average, with the wettest month, February, seeing just over two inches of rainfall. Only one hurricane has ever struck San Diego in its recorded history, and according to the Tornado History Project, nine tornados (all relatively mild, but tornados nevertheless) have struck the coastal San Diego region since 1980. Hot Santa Ana winds can blow through the region from late summer through winter. Although not perfect, the coastal San Diego region does rank as ideal to many.
    ...sounds like my home town in NZ... except only 10 inches of rain? I imagine it's probably not lush with vegetation there? But still that's the sort of climate I like...

...sounds like my home town in NZ... except only 10 inches of rain? I imagine it's probably not lush with vegetation there? But still that's the sort of climate I like...
    It's 'lush' with hotties. Unbelievable.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    We should start another thread DP so we dont derail Bepp

I am in Carmel CA right now and would move here tomorrow......the wife loves it too

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    It's 'lush' with hotties. Unbelievable.
    I found hot girls in SD to be some of the coolest chicks
    Really down to earth

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    We should start another thread DP so we dont derail Bepp

I am in Carmel CA right now and would move here tomorrow......the wife loves it too
    done...........

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I like the Climate of the Pacific Islands the best. Never seems to get to hot and doesn't get cold. You can swim all year round.

My favorite is Vanuatu. Only 3 hrs from Sydney is a bonus, friendly people and safe. Cost of living is not to bad.

I could live there but not planing to 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ holy hell TT. first time i went to Port Vila,Vanautu we walked off the ship at 9am and it was low 30's and humid as hell....sweat pouring off just standing there.
    My first taste of the tropics.
    Too hot for me there and not much to do other than diving. Heaps of great dive spots there.

Did this one plus an old Qantas sea plane that sunk in the harbour in one of their regular cyclones..

FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Moo you were probably sweating out the Grog from the cruise 555.
    Ive been the the Islands a few times but never in summer so I could have been a quick to comment. What time of year did you go on that cruise?
    Yep got to agree there's not alot to do but I did get to Surf there last year in March at a place called "Pango Point" following a Cyclone that had just passed through between Qld and Vanuatu.
    Nice place but I think I would get bored there.

^ yeah,i think it may have been Feb or March early 80's.

After we left we caught the tail end of a cyclone while in the open sea. We were body surfing from one end of the pool to the other just before they closed it 555

Santa Barbara, Ca., would be my fist choice. Second would the coast North of San Diego like Carlsbad, Encinitas, up to Newport Beach.
    I hate being bipolar. It's awesome!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I have driven along the coast from San Fran to LA via Monteray, Carmel etc., was very disappointed with this overhyped coastline, we have much better here in Australia.

Sunshine Coast-Hervey Bay QLD would come close to the perfect all year round weather.

All year round you'd be hard pressed to beat the likes of Koh Samui? seems to get less of the monsoonal stuff that the west coast gets.
    obes likes this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    I have driven along the coast from San Fran to LA via Monteray, Carmel etc., was very disappointed with this overhyped coastline, we have much better here in Australia.
    In your humble opinion
    Last edited by billpay; 29th August 2014 at 14:37.
    I hate being bipolar. It's awesome!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast