Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Europe suggestions

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Europe suggestions

We are thinking our big holiday next year is Europe.
    My wife's good friend lives in France so definitely hitting there but we may end the holiday in Prague
    So any suggestions for stops in between?

We are open to any places

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    How long are you spending in Europe it's pretty big ... ? Where in France does your wife's friend live ?

Prague is a great place to stay for a weekend , some fantastic hotels to choose from

I loved Prague too. And make sure you get to Heidelberg this time!

Have you seen the Alps? I know you live near Mountains, but the European Alps with their small mountain towns are well worth a visit. Interlaken with The Eiger in Switzerland is a gorgeous area...

Italy? Rome, Florence, Venice... or the Northern Italian lakes if short for time...

Would help if you tell us where you have been already?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    France.. Don't go in August!
    All the French have holidays that month and everything is too busy and too expensive..

Will go for 2 1/2 weeks in July....busy time but best time for me to get the extra days
    Hotel prices are pretty decent....I was surprised

Thinking of flying into Barcelona, then train to Paris, then train to Prague and end up in Budapest

But very open to suggestions
    BM Ollie from PI lives in Berne, Switzerland so may even stop there is it works in travels

I would do Prague over Budapest and as DP suggests work Rome and Venice into your intinary

Cadet Bronze

Europe suggestions

I've just spent a day in budapest and the day before in vienna. I would rate prague far higher than budapest as there are nicer things to see in prague.

If you re in france you could do a route like this for example: paris-berne-milan-vienna-(bratislava)-prague. You could get a euro-rail tickets that gets you around on the train around europe pretty easy.

Also as most bigger cities are pretty close you can see a lot (depending on how much time you want to spend in each place).

Give me a shout if you travel through cheese-land Paul

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Went for 5 nights in Barcelona last month. Lovely city but thought perhaps one day too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Iltis View Post
    I've just spent a day in budapest and the day before in vienna. I would rate prague far higher than budapest as there are nicer things to see in prague.

If you re in france you could do a route like this for example: paris-berne-milan-vienna-(bratislava)-prague. You could get a euro-rail tickets that gets you around on the train around europe pretty easy.

Also as most bigger cities are pretty close you can see a lot (depending on how much time you want to spend in each place).

Give me a shout if you travel through cheese-land Paul
    Ha
    I didn't know you were on this forum
    2 days by you is in consideration

My wife lived near Milan so she would want to see other places

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Will go for 2 1/2 weeks in July....busy time but best time for me to get the extra days
    Hotel prices are pretty decent....I was surprised

Thinking of flying into Barcelona, then train to Paris, then train to Prague and end up in Budapest

But very open to suggestions
    BM Ollie from PI lives in Berne, Switzerland so may even stop there is it works in travels
    Barcelona is great! Train from Barcelona to Paris? Not the most scenic route, and the trains crossing from Spain to France are a different track size, so changing trains..

Did you consider renting a car? The big companies allow you to rent in one place and drop it somewhere else..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Well if you're in Paris a nice little train ride to Amsterdam would be quaint..cough...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Cadet Bronze
    Or book tickets with easyjet a low cost airline. That way you can cover bigger distances in less time

Or book tickets with easyjet a low cost airline. That way you can cover bigger distances in less time
    Although be aware they are very strict on baggage allowances , could be an issue for a long holiday

Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Although be aware they are very strict on baggage allowances , could be an issue for a long holiday

True, similar to air asia you have to book the bagage allowance in advance

July... summer. I love the French Riviera that time of year... maybe a couple of days on the beach in Nice or Cannes... pop into Monte Carlo maybe. Then up to visit Iltis... and across to Prague via Vienna... and Heidelberg
    Bacon likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cadet Gold
    Thumbs up to Vienna and Prague from here. Venice is really nice too, but it can be done in a day or 2. It might be too far, but Krakow is nice too with Auschwitz not far away.

I like trains
    I choose them in US any time I can over flying, even if adding some time to my journey
    Seat 61 says they have a new high speed train Barcelona to Paris

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post

Have you seen the Alps? I know you live near Mountains, but the European Alps with their small mountain towns are well worth a visit. Interlaken with The Eiger in Switzerland is a gorgeous area...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I've spent 6 months in Europe on 2 different trips and Bern (where Ollie lives) and the nearby Berner Oberland (the Alps that DP mentions,Interlaken,Lauterbrunnen) is the only place i'd bother going back to now...sensational part of the world but you'd need at least 5 days (Bern and the Alps) to do it any justice,IMO....it's cable car,cog railway and train heaven there. The cog railway trip to the Jungfrau (worlds highest train station) is a once in a lifetime trip.

Valley of the Waterfalls...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 15th September 2014 at 20:47.
    Quarky likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    July... summer. I love the French Riviera that time of year... maybe a couple of days on the beach in Nice or Cannes... pop into Monte Carlo maybe. Then up to visit Iltis... and across to Prague via Vienna... and Heidelberg
    This man appears to know what he's talking about.

I might hit you up for suggestions if I end up planning a trip next year.
    Quarky and Moo Uaon like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

i would visit bruges(belgium) ,paris,geneva,bern(oli land) prague,northern italy and rome.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast