Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Bangkok New Year's Eve

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Bangkok New Year's Eve

My wife and her son will be solo because the rest of the family is going to the in-laws in Issan

She is deciding between a NYE dinner or New Years Day buffet at one of the nicer hotels with just the 2.of them
    But neither of us never been out and about in BKK on NYE
    Is it hectic?
    Would she have trouble with taxis?

Thanks

You won't be there?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    You won't be there?
    No, was just asking for my wife, and neither of us have been in BKK on NYE
    I got some answers on AI

If she can't stay over at the hotel(she has her mom's dog) than I think best they just do the New Years Day brunch

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    My one NYE in BKK was pretty quiet - but we were down in Bang Phli, Samut Prakarn, BKK with the family

We did do our second or third Pattaya New Years Eve a couple of years ago - that time with the two Thai sisters-in-law - booked a table overlooking the bay at a restaurant up in one of the shopping centres (where Ripley's is).

Awesome view of the fireworks and a great atmosphere - incredible numbers of Thais seem to come down for BKK and elsewhere by the busload (my then 12 year old niece-in-law did so one year with a couple of school friends - I was aghast at first but it seems it was quite safe).

Might be an option - The son is going to love the fireworks I guarantee that.

Enjoy.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I spent one in The Peninsular down by the river on a higher up floor with a fantastic view over the Chao Phraya going back 15 odd years ago...fireworks were brilliant...went on for ages...we had dinner in the hotel earlier that evening and I had bought champagne with me so we didn't leave the room all night

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    My one NYE in BKK was pretty quiet - but we were down in Bang Phli, Samut Prakarn, BKK with the family

We did do our second or third Pattaya New Years Eve a couple of years ago - that time with the two Thai sisters-in-law - booked a table overlooking the bay at a restaurant up in one of the shopping centres (where Ripley's is).

Awesome view of the fireworks and a great atmosphere - incredible numbers of Thais seem to come down for BKK and elsewhere by the busload (my then 12 year old niece-in-law did so one year with a couple of school friends - I was aghast at first but it seems it was quite safe).

Might be an option - The son is going to love the fireworks I guarantee that.

Enjoy.
    They would be coming from Samut Prakan
    I told her probably best to do New Years Day