Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Nomad
  • 1 Post By Stillearly
  • 3 Post By Mick
  • 2 Post By Moo Uaon

Thread: Lesbians in Thailand

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Lesbians in Thailand

And no.....it is not that kind of thread!!

Now, this is a pretty big generalization, but a positive one...

All the Thai lesbians I have met have really impressed me. They all have been very smart, really hard working.
    I don't know if it is me, but they always seem a bit smarter than the average Thai I meet. And that is not to disparage the "average Thai"
    Just something about them that i always seem to come away impressed with them after hanging around them or having a chat with them

Anyone else notice that or have similar experiences?

EDIT- Title should have been Thai Lesbians because I only know and met 2 in Thailand, more of my interactions have been in Vancouver

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    They aren't really lesbians, they are just smart TGs that want to let you down gently. Your interaction is skewing the results. 555
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    There seem to be loads these days working as bar tenders , maybe keeping an eye on the GF ..
    Moo Uaon likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    The one that I know does seem to be very hard working, or at least she did. now left the bar she worked at.
    But I am noticing more and more Toms on each trip.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Toms, they are getting their cut from the TGs without having to hawk the fork. See a few outside the Agogo's rounding up customers.
    I did see a lot of couples in Central food court in Pattaya last year. Some looked good enough to eat 555

I wouldn't generalise.

In the course of work and daily life in Thailand I come across deviants of all persuasions…… Toms, Dees, ladyboys, gays and whatever else. They cover the whole gamut from being smart, hard working and well presented, through downright weird, to stupid, lazy and slovenly…. in various combinations.

Just like the heterosexual folk really.
    Last edited by Mick; 16th October 2014 at 06:17.
    Minder, PeteGill and pinecone like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Loads of Thai femme couples here these days..it a phenomena that seems to have just blossomed out of the woodwork over the past few years..possibly more "accepted" these days

I have found many to be great company once you break the ice with them..but they have been unsurprisingly cautious at first

Staying close to the university in Udon Thani for a few days last year I was surprised at how many I saw there.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    You do see more Toms and their GF's around these days.

Went to see a LT regular BG in HH one time.
    She wasn't particularly overjoyed that i was coming but still happy to see me as she had been jilted by a German BF.

Had a Tom working behind her bar and must have known who i was and why i was there.
    She was a bit cold and not easy to get on with...which is normal with them.
    The Tom insisted on playing pool with me and was a really good player and wouldn't accept being beaten once so wanted to play more and more over the course of a few days.
    I won every game and the reception was getting frostier and frostier until i worked out my former regular BG was her GF.

Plenty of BG's go to Toms when they've had their heart broken by a BF/customer.

Last edited by Moo Uaon; 15th October 2014 at 18:10.
    Gazmac and TMTBOUND like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I would agree with Lew. Many Thai bar girls had their hearts broken by farang customers and eventually turned to other women who they had more in common with.

Lots of women are bisexual rather than lesbian, and it isn't really about sex at all. It's about sharing good company and understanding. In many ways it is the same with men. Take sex out of the picture and we have more in common with other men than we do with women.

That's not to say that there isn't flat out lesbians who don't want any involvement with men. The "Toms" are usually flat out lesbian/gay. Their "girl friends" are often bisexual... and that causes problems when a handsome man with money comes along.

And, we can't confuse the transgender types (katoi - Ladyboys) with gay males.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    There seem to be loads these days working as bar tenders , maybe keeping an eye on the GF ..
    55555, So true.... and an eye on the profits too.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    There are always heaps of Tom couples at Phuket Weekend Markets.
    Heaps.
    We have a Tom couple as good friends friends and , yes , they are industrious and hard working.

But I watched a very butch one with leather jacket , slicked down hair and aviators ( and pretty fem tg on the back ) take off through a red light the other day... this never registers as 'intelligent' to me ... so I hold with Micks assessment.

My ex tg Pen said she was offered a Tom relationship more than once back at school , and said that it was quite common for some tgs to stay a lesbian without ever having had a d!ck in them.

Many, many Thai girls learn very early that a lot of the Thai boys are not reliable or trustworthy in a relationship. Fuck em and dump em is the name of the game. Thai boys also won't use condoms. The results are predictable. From what I've heard and seen personally with the Thai family I help out, young pregnant girls are no longer allowed in public schools. That means the 13 year old girl with a baby has basically finished school and any chance at a further education is over. The young girls leave their child with mother and head to the city to find work... at you know where.

I had an interesting conversation with my BG's neighbour, who is a Tom.

In the west, lesbians are defined as females whom have only other females as partners in life and sexuality. Any woman whos interest in sexual/romantic partner as either gender are definede as Bi-sexual.

What Perch (the Tom) told me, was that in Thailand (maybe just BKK) it is only the Toms that are considered to be lesbians. I found this confusing because here in North America even a very feminine woman whos sexuality is primarily focussed on other women as being a Lesbian (lipstick lesbian is the term I've hear used).

I seriously doubt that sexuality in any location has any corelation to intelligence or motivation. In any human classification or subculture.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    I had an interesting conversation with my BG's neighbour, who is a Tom.

In the west, lesbians are defined as females whom have only other females as partners in life and sexuality. Any woman whos interest in sexual/romantic partner as either gender are definede as Bi-sexual.

What Perch (the Tom) told me, was that in Thailand (maybe just BKK) it is only the Toms that are considered to be lesbians. I found this confusing because here in North America even a very feminine woman whos sexuality is primarily focussed on other women as being a Lesbian (lipstick lesbian is the term I've hear used).

I seriously doubt that sexuality in any location has any corelation to intelligence or motivation. In any human classification or subculture.
    In Thailand IME Toms are not bisexual but Dees can be - the money is in fckng guys (usually).
    Having said that there are a few lesbians/bis competing for the same hot girls in the gogos as us.
    Particularly if there is an Israeli "nasho" platoon in town.

Hey - up to them - but you might get gazumped 555!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    In Thailand IME Toms are not bisexual but Dees can be - the money is in fckng guys (usually).
    Having said that there are a few lesbians/bis competing for the same hot girls in the gogos as us.

That all may be moot if the lesbians aren't bar girls......although from most of the comments I am under the impression most guys on here only think in those terms

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    That all may be moot if the lesbians aren't bar girls......although from most of the comments I am under the impression most guys on here only think in those terms
    Lets be honest, for most of us BG's were our introduction to the world of TG's. Especially those who live outside of LOS and just holiday there. I have over the years made friends with a number on non BG's but the only Tom that I have met and got to know a bit was in a bar. Although I have seen many more around the Uni in Udon, I could not comment on their lifestyle or intelligence other than the fact that they must be bright as they are at Uni.
    So we can only but talk about what and who we know.
    Your wife and her Thai friends will have given you a much wider perspective I should imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post

Thanks Baz! I'd forgotten the Dees.

Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    Thanks Baz! I'd forgotten the Dees.
    I know a few of each within the group who give massages at a place I visit in Chiang Mai. I'm never judgemental on anyone's life style. If it works for them then who am I to complain. I do remember having the hots for a Dee who was in a on again-off again relationship with a Tom. Whenever I came around the Tom would give me the evil eye. But, as I was just a ship passing in the night, the Dee was better off with her Tom. I always try to look at it from the woman's perspective. If I'm not potential marriage bait then what good am I to them... just a quick buck and back to the life they know and understand.