Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: For those in Perth

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar

For those in Perth

For those in Perth that may be interested . Noticed a massive sign on my way home from work tonight on the eslanade . Buhda Birthday Festival April 9 & 10 Supreme Court Gardens . Free entree ! \
    Here is a link to the website : http://www.bliawa.org/clients/873606...011_poster.pdf

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Not sure which nationality this would be as Thais celebrate Vesak or Visakah Puja.... Vesak is the major Buddhist festival of the year as it celebrates the birth, enlightenment and death of the Buddha all on the one day...And if I remember rightly it falls on the first full moon in May..
    I happened to be in LOS for the last years one, It is one of those days that selling alcohol is illegal and most shops are closed and everyones heads off to the temple...
    It was a strange time in Thips village as some locals had their wedding a few days before, there was hundreds of people who turned up... on the last night of the wedding the Brides Aunt fell over and died through the night... the wedding then turned into a funeral with visakah day in between....
    I have some pics on my FB page Gazmac