Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Apparent Jihadi actions in Canada

Apparent Jihadi actions in Canada

Well its all kicked off in much the fashion that I'd expected.

The day before yesterday a lone wolf attack. Today another lone wolf attack.

More to follow.
    Last edited by pinecone; 29th October 2014 at 10:10.

From the CBC website: Parliament Hill attack: 1 gunman dead after soldier shot at National War Memorial - Politics - CBC News and : Canadian soldier shot in Ottawa a reservist from Hamilton - Latest Hamilton news - CBC Hamilton

I expect things to be a little chaotic for a day or so untill things begin to sort themselves out.

I think this was the catalyst action from the other day: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/who-is...leau-1.2807285
    Last edited by pinecone; 23rd October 2014 at 05:02.

I really liked Ottawa when I was there. I am always surprised North America has had relatively few of these types of incidents apart from 9/11. Considering the number of Muslims there you'd think they'd have a similar problem to Europe. Even the UK gets off lightly compared to the continent. I wonder why that is?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Where's the Jihadi link?

@ DP: I'd suspect a combination of factor (obviously). But I imagine that the ones that want the least to do with the Jihadi, salafist, wahabi midset leave the soonest, and go the farthest away. Having said that I have often wondered, having previous examples of formed cells training in Canada, what it would take for 'lone wolf' attacks.

Our security agencies have had a good deal of success in dealing with small cells, but what defence can be mustered against single persons acting in a seemingly uncoordinated fashion?

We shall have to see.

@ SS? see attached info.

I'm starting to understand that this is a nother one man even, not more than one man.

Defintely another single person 'lone wolf' action.
    Last edited by pinecone; 23rd October 2014 at 18:43. Reason: answering SS
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Where's the Jihadi link?
    Both suspects had converted to Islam

The shooter today had his passport confiscated because he was known to want to join Jihadists overseas

Here is what is likely to be fairly concise and up to date material on both incidents: Globe Editorial: After the attack, we

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    These turn coats or wannabe's are really starting to be a problem ..... more needs to be done in finding the source of the brainwashing, in ALL countries.. we need some undercover Muslims hired to get to the evil preaches
    Last edited by Sydney; 23rd October 2014 at 19:44.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Good result.
    The parliamentary sergeant-at-arms shot the assailant dead.
    Moo Uaon and obes like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

I didn't clarify the link between the incident today and the one 2 days ago, and jihadist actions initially, my bad. The link I supplied should clarify things.

@ Sydney; I don't think of these type of people as turncoats actually. I think of them as mentally unstable. Manipuable to the point of action. What they did was utterly wrong, and they paid in full for it.

@ Changone (C1?); You do not ufkc about with our parliamentary Sergeant at Arms in Canda. You just don't. In fact much like the tradition of senior noncom in the tower of London as staff (Yeomen Warders), you will find many of the old grey people in our houses of Parliament to be ex-military and R.C.M.P of long & distinguished service.

DNFW!
    Last edited by pinecone; 24th October 2014 at 15:55.
    Changone likes this.

Just a follow up to my previous comments, as I said before, mentally unstable people. The action of looking for a second car makes me wonder though. Car bomb? We shall just have to see.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Firstly, I am sorry to hear this has happened. RIP the reserve solder that was killed.

i hate to say but I believe this and other attempts in other countries are just the start of a massive gorilla war.

I wonder why we the West, haven't put a stop to the twitter, facebook etc posts or sites.
    This is their means of doctoring these young kids and recruitment of the disenfranchised.
    Further to that can't they shut down the internet in those countries altogether???
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    More and better weapons and intel at all the likely targets and just keep whacking these crazies...
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    More and better weapons and intel at all the likely targets and just keep whacking these crazies...
    Don't cancel their passports before they leave, wait until the bastards have gone then cancel all citizenship rights, including passports !
    Moo Uaon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Firstly, I am sorry to hear this has happened. RIP the reserve solder that was killed.

i hate to say but I believe this and other attempts in other countries are just the start of a massive gorilla war.

I wonder why we the West, haven't put a stop to the twitter, facebook etc posts or sites.
    This is their means of doctoring these young kids and recruitment of the disenfranchised.
    Further to that can't they shut down the internet in those countries altogether???
    I don't know... but it seems to be happening less than it used to. We had a lot of trouble in the early 2000's, culminating in the 2005 London tube bombings.. and then its just happened now and then since...

Not sure why? better police work or less terrorist activity?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

@ JC1; you may be right, but here as time goes on, there are more links to mental health, and examples being made in the media of that gunmans mental health issues. Personally I think that this sort of jihadist rigid thinking mentality is a mental health issue. There are very many disenfranchised people (males in this case, male muslims in other cases), that are becoming entranced and lured into this type of mindset and way of life.

I think our societies best chance to deal with this is to progressively ACCURATELY portray the reality of what movements like ISIS/ISIL are really about, what their methods and motivations truly are and how they are acted on. I don't think that our society is capable of either the critical thinking or forthright action needed to deal with the inequities that foster the environments that create people like this in our society.

You could no more censor the internet to muzzle any one specific message in our society than you can just banish someones citizenship when you 'think' you can 'prove' someone is abroad as a Jihadi. There are far too many legal issues up to and including constitutional rights to get away with any knee jerk broad brush actions like censorship and 'banishment'.

Johnny Jihadi goes abroad to 'travel europe', turns up on video in Libya waving a sword and someones head shouting "Allah U Ackbar". Turns up back on your shore at an international airport. Now what? you have to put him in custody. You have to prove you have reason to have him in custody. You have a limited amount to time in which you have to prodice a credible case with which to KEEP him in custody. Money money and more money. At each step there is the possibility that you fail, Johnny gets free, and is now underground in the known 'problem' cummunity/subculture, laughing at you and preaching the gospel. The system fails, is known to fail, and is viewed as ineffective.

"Ah!" you say "Just cancel his passport after he leaves so he can't travel on it." Great idea, but if you do not have VERY solid proof of intent to commit acts that would be construed as unlawful in Canada, you are not only back at square one with egg on your face, now you are wearing the quiche like a party hat.

They tried this type of BS thinking with a guy named Maher Arar, here read this so I don't bore you to death: Maher Arar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

I'd rather we keep them here where we have a chance to stop them before they get away. Same thing with pedos.

There is one exception. If they are caught in a criminal act, by a third party (country) on their way home. Should that country decide to keep and prosectute them under that countries laws, well as long as they get a 'relatively' fair trial it is NONE OF MY BUSINESS. Keep the whack job/pedo asbtard. Put him in a hole some place pleasant with pleasant people. Keep 'em for GOOD. AFAIC

Last point; there were two attacks, one Jihadi, used a car to kill one Soldier, and injur(seriously) another. Cops put paid to him. Good shooting. Second attack was this mentally disturbed, copy cat type. Sgt at Arms put paid to him to. No tears for either of them, only our fallen, and their families. Dogs included; Ottawa shooting: Murdered Corporal Nathan Cirillo's sad dogs wait for him to come home - Mirror Online

@ DP I suspect that the cops are getting better at what they are doing and when to act. There have been some great example here where they caught a bunch of missfit types in a training camp. They all wound up looking like bufoons by the time the cops and legal system were done with them. This is exactly what needs to be done at the front line (afaik) , catch them, discredit them, let them make fools of themselves and their cause, then incarcerate them. Behind the from line is catching the ideology disseninators, and interdicting the impressionable (which is what they are doing here at least).
    Last edited by pinecone; 25th October 2014 at 12:09.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Too much love, not enough discipline.

Too easy to cop out and blame it on a less than desirable upbringing.

Too much - I want it now mentality.

Too many people ready to jump to the aid of wacko nutters.

What the fuck is the world coming to !

Welcome brother, welcome indeed: Bruce MacKinnon

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    Too much love, not enough discipline.

Too easy to cop out and blame it on a less than desirable upbringing.

Too much - I want it now mentality.

Too many people ready to jump to the aid of wacko nutters.

What the fuck is the world coming to !
    It is too easy, to make it that simple Obes. However, in the end we are in the growing pains of evolving socially as a species. I hold on to that hope.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast