• 1 Post By Stillearly

Thread: Air India

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Air India

Has anyone ever flown with them?

Any good?

Thanks in advance

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Yes and no. Might be route dependent. Best to check skytrax.

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Yes and no. Might be route dependent. Best to check skytrax.
    yeah, skytrax is so hard for me because it varies so much
    it really is only option price wise so guess just bare it if I go

Yeah at the end of the day it's just a way to get you from a to b. Maybe just pop a few Valium and sleep your way through the flight.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Personally I wouldn't fly with them , read lots of reports over the years ( on other forums ) and Air India doesn't get good reviews especially the stopover part in India ,I would rather pay a few quid more and fly with a "better" Airline
    Mate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Personally I wouldn't fly with them , read lots of reports over the years ( on other forums ) and Air India doesn't get good reviews especially the stopover part in India ,I would rather pay a few quid more and fly with a "better" Airline

I would too, unless it was my only option. If I had a choice of any of the indian airlines I would probably use Kingfisher or Jet. Is jet indian? Too lazy to google it but I think it is.

What is your route m26? There must be other options in that price bracket. Have you checked flight aggregator sites such as kayak or skyscanner?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    Air India? Sounds delightful....

"May I have an extra bag of peanuts please?"

"55555555555555"

Would not like to use the head on an Air India flight esp after the curry was served 555

Cadet Gold
    No way if full load of Indians

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    I would too, unless it was my only option. If I had a choice of any of the indian airlines I would probably use Kingfisher or Jet. Is jet indian? Too lazy to google it but I think it is.

What is your route m26? There must be other options in that price bracket. Have you checked flight aggregator sites such as kayak or skyscanner?
    BKK to Pune, India

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    and Air India doesn't get good reviews especially the stopover part in India
    We stopped over at Bombay for a couple of hours on the way back from UK in '86.

The Australian Commonwealth games team was on the plane returning home after the Edinburgh games.

We were allowed to leave the plane which i did along with some others and headed into the toilets where some beggars had seized all the toilet paper and had their hands out for money in return for some....one was showing a 2 pound coin as what he wanted.
    Well,luckily the guys in front of me were weight lifters and snatched the dunny rolls and kinda lifted and pushed a couple of them away.
    I had dressed in my track suit so as to be comfortable on the plane not knowing that the Games team would be on there beforehand 55 so i made it known that i was with them and they reluctantly handed some over 555 Bloody toilets looked like a bomb had hit them.

So back on the plane and in the air again i made a request to go up into the c0ckpit...twice. Sometime after the second request a flight attendant came and got me and took me up the front....bewdy. Into the c0ckpit and they all greeted me and the captain looked at me and said..."how was it"? meaning the Games 55 err,umm.....great!! (referring to the 13 week piss up-shagging holiday i was returning from)......"which event were you in"....err.....err......oh i was playing cricket (we did have a couple of games on our 7 week Contiki tour,one after consuming a whole big hash cake that was absolutely hilarious). The captain took that in and turned around and completely ignored me after that 555

We were just crossing a rather large body of water then that i thought was the sea but turned out to be Australias Lake Eyre.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

They're not great mate but they get the job done, if I was travelling with them again I'd
    1 bring a packed lunch
    2 bring my own in-flight entertainment

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Has a very bad reputation.

There really is no other option
    I'd pay double if there was an airline with a better reputation and better connections but all the connections suck.....all about 4hrs each way.

But the guy drove 13 hours alone each way to be at my wedding dinner in Caanda and I haven't met his wife or see where he lives yet
    So need to get there