Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Lights out.......

Cadet Bronze

Lights out.......

Over 60 ,got various medical issues.alone.nojob ,no real interest in life, cant see light at end of tunnel......has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? Are u out of it now .?

Bepp... what country are you in? Do you have any friends at all you can talk to? And how long have you been feeling like this? It's a delicate subject... and I think quite a few people here have felt the same at times. So hopefully can give you some light to hold on to...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Justcruizing1 is in a similar situation bepp, have a read of In the midnight hour thread or just PM him.
    Don't give up just keep talking for now.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    We all have times in our life when we feel this way..Things happen that you maybe did not want to happen.
    No job can be a real self esteem buster once again at any age but over sixty no fun.
    DP has the right share with friend if you can you have already made a step in the right direction.
    Maybe do something simple like go for a long walk that can change how you feel.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    There are guys that are very ill fighting there ass off to stay around...it's not that bad mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Justcruizing1 is in a similar situation bepp, have a read of In the midnight hour thread or just PM him.
    Don't give up just keep talking for now.
    Here's a link to that thread Bepp... In the Midnight Hour

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    He's always awake, trust me on that one...
    Also F1 is on so he'll be up.
    justcruzing1 likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Hi Guys, just waiting for the F1.
    Hey Beep, I'm in the mud as well, turn 60 next month been out of work for 20 months finish each fortnight with $3 in the bank.

I know what it's like, and I live in an isolated spot, no one around, 30klm to the shop.

The guys here are great and are right in what they say about talking but also getting involved in things on here. Doesn't matter if your an expert on bikes, cars, law, politics...whoops best stay off religion and politics.

I suggest that you make a point of getting out in the sun for at least 1-2 hrs a day, you need the warmth and the vitamins that the rays have to help avoid depression.

When you talk about "lights out" I can tell you from experience it ain't worth it or any answer.

You asked what helps, well everyone is different but I find looking back at things I have done, thinking of people I have helped or that have helped me. Some old photo's of good looking girls and a young good looking JC 5555555

I wrote a thread on here called Tell us your life, it was meant for everyone to talk about their past etc but it fell into my story.
    At the time i needed to do it and every so often I'll look back thru it and it helps remind me how lucky i have been.

Your post count is low but once you get some numbers up you will find other parts of the forum open to you and a lot of interesting threads to read.

Where are you? tell us a bit about yourself and you might find a few members that have common interests to talk about.

When it feels really bad just remember the sun will come up tomorrow, you just need to close your eyes and stop your mind from thinking too much and wait for the dawn.

I would also urge you to talk to your doctor and get something to help you stop thinking too much and stressing out. There is nothing wrong with asking for help with sleep and nerves. I take one called Dothep, it stops me from going over and over things in my head all the time and then I can get some sleep.

If your in Aust. and want to talk PM me your number I have unlimited calls on my plan, happy to have a chat and compare problems mate
    OZZYGUY and Hatari like this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Cadet Bronze
    Thanks for the replies.My main problem is that ive been on my own for Years,never had a relationship,fot no kids so got nobody to turn to .Have always kept to myself
    So find it difficult to talk to strangers.I used to go for walks in the open air but got to point of thinking WHY?? so stopped. Just sit around home alone with neighbours cat,the only thing that wont leave my side.
    Never had any interests growing up,so cant get into any discussion bout anyrhing

OK so what sort of work did you do?

I'm a bit the same been on my own for yonks and I think you sort of get used to having your own company but then at other times you want company. Trouble is your so used to your own freedom it is hard to change.

I get down but then I look at it that I am lucky to have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in and a fridge with food, my car is 16 yrs old and loosing its paint and in times gone by I would throw up if I thought I would be where I am now.

I think life is cyclical it seems to me during my life, I have been on the top of the tree and then dived off hit the ground and start climbing again. Sometimes some one has cut the tree down on me other times it was all my doing. The thing is as I get older it is harder to get off the ground again.

I am in a holding mode, I can just stay alive and am waiting, hoping something will come along again to give me the step up onto the tree again.

So if you have been single you must have some stories to tell, and the great thing these days is with forums like this you are anonymous so you can let the cat out of the bag so to speak.

One thing being in our situation, is you start to uncomplicate your life, your thoughts. Things come back to basics. I guess the thing is to learn from it so next time we get going again we keep things simple.

It's like this, I have 2 sisters and they have successful families, businesses and life's. They phone me every so often and I make sure I sound happy on the phone to them, I don't want to burden them by making them worry about me, it isn't going to change things they can't make a job appear for me or some woman fall in love with me.
    On the other hand I will rant like a demon on here, about how ****ty I feel, what some d1ck has done etc and it really helps. I'm sure some think I'm a king size pr1ck at times but it doesn't matter, I still have got rid of what I needed to and I'm alive for yet another day.

Beep think of this place as a confessional, somewhere you can unload and be given a penance and forgiven, all you have to do is start to talk a bit, and it will get easier each time you do.

What country are you in?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    ^^ you guys ever think of relocating closer to your family? Sounds like the isolation may be a big part of your depression. I am also at the age where I'm thinking what it will be like going forward. At least for now I have a small circle of good people within reach. But that could end in a flash if they move away. And that happens when people get older and retire. Your income stops and you make financial decisions. Like moving to a more affordable area. My brother bought some land in Tennessee and built a big house. I haven't told him yet but I imagine me living in a cabin on the far end of his land. Sitting on the porch in a rocking chair. Drinking moon shine out of a jug clutching to and old musket....555

But I do foresee loneliness in the future if I stay where I am.
    Last edited by Dupree; 10th November 2014 at 03:29.
    Stillearly and Hatari like this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Dups I think Bepp needs to open up a bit, location can be a part of it but you can be living in a hi rise in the middle of a city and still be lonely.
    I think the big thing is regret, if you start to regret what you have or have not done well, it's a slippery slope.

I'm glad he at least started the thread, shows some sense and I'm sure it will create all sorts of comments and emotions and hopefully it will help him and others in some way.

Depression is a much more common thing than most people think. It is in so many peoples life's possibly because of the modern day demands or maybe it is more talked about now. In older days guys just sucked it up, went to the pub and had a fight to let out the frustration or desperation.

The Black Dog as it is called, can come and bite just out of the blue. You think your doing OK and then in the space of 10 mins your on your arse.
    The thing is it's not just old people, unemployed people, single people that it happens to. In fact the 2 times I tried to end it I was working, living in a stressed relationship in a 5 star brand new duplex. Had money and motor bike etc.

I think it is something that is hard for anyone that hasn't experienced it to understand, and once you have gone thru it and survived you sort of have a bit of resilience?? if you know what I mean.

Bepp just needs to know he isn't on his own, not the only one that gets these thoughts and feelings and to know there are ways to get thru it. Like everything in life experience counts.

Had a chat with Spot last night he is another one that has had the Black Dog many times but he is well on top at the moment, just back from a trip to LOS and happy as a pig in mud 5555
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bepp View Post
    Thanks for the replies.My main problem is that ive been on my own for Years,never had a relationship,fot no kids so got nobody to turn to .Have always kept to myself
    So find it difficult to talk to strangers.I used to go for walks in the open air but got to point of thinking WHY?? so stopped. Just sit around home alone with neighbours cat,the only thing that wont leave my side.
    Never had any interests growing up,so cant get into any discussion bout anyrhing
    You've been to Thailand though... so you have similar interests to us

By the way... it takes balls to admit something like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Yeah! Admitting there is a problem is a first step of solving it!

What you need is a goal of some sort... Which makes you move forward instead of keeping yourself locked in your circumstances..

A goal can be in health and fitness, hobbies, friends, work (ever thought about voluntary work when without a job?)... Doesn't really matter what the goal is, as long as it is something reachable and rewarding..

And as JC said, it is smart to have yourself checked over, there are medical conditions or prescription medication that can make you feel this way on their own..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    And as JC said, it is smart to have yourself checked over, there are medical conditions or prescription medication that can make you feel this way on their own..
    Bepp started this thread before Travelling to and thruout Thailand..........

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Thanks SE gives a it more insight. Not just a simple out of work thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    How is this going Bepp? Is it still 3x a week for 4 hours? And is it still putting you off travelling?

Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    How is this going Bepp? Is it still 3x a week for 4 hours? And is it still putting you off travelling?
    Yes this is a permanent treatment.have made some enquireies to hospitals in BKK. And received some initial info on the treatment.THis prob ive got first started in patong bch 4 yrs ago,really knocked me around for the week i was there, i know i can still travel.as long as arrangements are made before i leave,but the thought of going thru. What i did back then stops me,plus u hear bout people in places like Bali ,faces medical bills in the thousands just to get back home if i did go back to LOS would b limited in where i could travel not to far from the City , still i believe it is possible to travel but whether that is my intention im not really sure

Quote Originally Posted by bepp View Post
    Yes this is a permanent treatment.have made some enquireies to hospitals in BKK. And received some initial info on the treatment.THis prob ive got first started in patong bch 4 yrs ago,really knocked me around for the week i was there, i know i can still travel.as long as arrangements are made before i leave,but the thought of going thru. What i did back then stops me,plus u hear bout people in places like Bali ,faces medical bills in the thousands just to get back home if i did go back to LOS would b limited in where i could travel not to far from the City , still i believe it is possible to travel but whether that is my intention im not really sure
    Is it the medical insurance that could be expensive... or the treatment you will need while there?

And is it this causing you to feel depressed? Or are we focussing on the wrong issues here?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Bepp from what i remember you are in Perth. If so and you need someone to chat with i am south of the river and have a fair bit of free time.
    Just PM me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast