Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Stupid places when using a tablet

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar

Stupid places when using a tablet

Whats the most stupid place you have witnessed someone using a tablet or smartphone

i have seen a few, but today i just had to shake my head...

Father with his wife and 3 kids, all setup, at ? ... the beach, with the father , his head buried in his ipad....

I mean you take your family, your young kids to a day a the beach, your kids are all excited, you have a good chance whilst away from your work to have a play with your kids on the beach, but no, you had to take your ipad....

He wasn,t just quickly looking something up either, you could see the way he was setup, he was in for the long haul on his tablet....

if i see parents with young kids ignoring there kids in a situation like this i feel like going over and smacking him over the head, and saying wake up man, and spend some time with with your kids.... its the beach for christ sake. !!!!

anyone else seen people using these devices in stupid places. ?
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    At sports events, why sit with your head buried in your smartphone when a great game is being played? Unless you did not want to be there in the first place.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    He wasn't a BM on TD was he....55555

The Adults....? We went out for Christmas lunch and they brought the kids, no more than 5 or 6 years old, each with their own Ipad.
    The father told me, ...."Its not like before, you cant tell them what to do, or to sit still...wonder how they'll turn out...?..." (His words).
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

The Adults....? We went out for Christmas lunch and they brought the kids, no more than 5 or 6 years old, each with their own Ipad.
    The father told me, ...."Its not like before, you cant tell them what to do, or to sit still...wonder how they'll turn out...?..." (His words).
    So they were sitting at xmas lunch, with the kids playing with their ipads ? ...thats a sad indictment of our society really.... i mean xmas day ffs, 1 day in the year and you still cant give the tablets a miss...

btw just for record, i am camping atm, trying to get away from it all, and still feel a little bad that i brought a Ipad, i wrestled with bringing it or not, i really didnt want to bring it, but was a little worried that JK would get bored in the 2 nd week here and would need to check her FB...

As it turns out, i have posted here a bit, but if i had young kids here, no fcukin way i would bring this real life interference

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    At sports events, why sit with your head buried in your smartphone when a great game is being played? Unless you did not want to be there in the first place.
    Agree, why are u there at the game? ...... actually at a league game i have never seen that as so much is alwats happening on the field.... Cricket maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

Either IT guru's or delinquents 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    At a footy game last season there was a dude that was sitting in front of me, listening to the very game he was at on the radio and looking up the stats on his phone. I'm not making this up.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    My neighbour's grandson could use a smart phone before he could wipe his own arse, the kid is turning out alright, so far.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    It's good you noticed it Sydney and that it has disturbed you enough to raise it.
    So many just go ....Uh? that's their prolem.

One that got me a couple of years ago was in T'ville in a beer garden of a pub. The two obviously single mum's had the jug of beer, while the 5 kids were left to entertain themself the mothers were totally encompsed in their Iphones and had no idea where or what the kids were up too.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    At a footy game last season there was a dude that was sitting in front of me, listening to the very game he was at on the radio and looking up the stats on his phone. I'm not making this up.
    Isn't that more common than not? Go to a footy match here and loads of fans have an ear piece listening to the game on the radio via their phone, while also following text reporting on their phone in case they miss something... you can also get an app to listen to the ref too...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

PGC
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PGC's Avatar
    Taking your phone to a match makes sense to me....It's the only way to see the instant replay of a goal, which is the only thing you miss when you see a game live..
    Quarky and slampay like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Isn't that more common than not? Go to a footy match here and loads of fans have an ear piece listening to the game on the radio via their phone, while also following text reporting on their phone in case they miss something... you can also get an app to listen to the ref too...
    Not when their faces are buried in their phones......
    Perhaps I am just slow, people who can drive and text or watch sport and text at the same time are obviously in a different league.
    I just prefer to concentrate on the game unfolding in front of me and make my own mind up.....

Not when their faces are buried in their phones......
    Perhaps I am just slow, people who can drive and text or watch sport and text at the same time are obviously in a different league.
    I just prefer to concentrate on the game unfolding in front of me and make my own mind up.....
    I wouldn't mind the ear piece though to have a running commentary. I can hardly work out what is going on when watching live... 55
    PeteGill likes this.

I wouldn't mind the ear piece though to have a running commentary. I can hardly work out what is going on when watching live... 55
    The ones I am talking about are the ones who are looking at their phone the whole time, a little different if you have an ear piece and listen in, or occasionally watch a re-play.
    But as I say I would much rather make up my own mind on what is going on. that is why up in till this year I far preferred going to matches than to watching on TV. the whole vibe and atmosphere is just not the same.

The ones I am talking about are the ones who are looking at their phone the whole time, a little different if you have an ear piece and listen in, or occasionally watch a re-play.
    But as I say I would much rather make up my own mind on what is going on. that is why up in till this year I far preferred going to matches than to watching on TV. the whole vibe and atmosphere is just not the same.
    What I used to find is when I re-watched a match on TV later it seemed like a totally different match... when you are there you see momentum more clearly and other things that TV never really picks up. But on the other side of the coin, my eyes aren't that great and unless its right in front of me I have trouble seeing what is happening at each and every ruck... as do most crowds when you hear them react... 55

What I used to find is when I re-watched a match on TV later it seemed like a totally different match... when you are there you see momentum more clearly and other things that TV never really picks up. But on the other side of the coin, my eyes aren't that great and unless its right in front of me I have trouble seeing what is happening at each and every ruck... as do most crowds when you hear them react... 55
    Sports binoculars.... never go to a match without them... Good for checking out the cheerleaders too......
    Quarky and Sydney like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Great topic. I'm almost as bad with my camera. I've got a whole page of cartoons on this very subject. It is a changing world, but when fantacy starts becoming more important than reality, then something is wrong.
    Sydney likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Great topic. I'm almost as bad with my camera. I've got a whole page of cartoons on this very subject. It is a changing world, but when fantasy starts becoming more important than reality, then something is wrong.
    Interesting.. at the end of the TV series The Fall. The enigmatic serial killer says to the arresting policeman... "Have you slept with her yet? No? Keep her a fantasy, the reality is never as good..."

Could start a new philosophical thread... does reality ever live up to fantasy? Or does it depend how good your imagination is?
    Moo Uaon likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast