Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: There Goes Another One - Lost Contact With Air Asia Flight

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Soupdragon's Avatar

There Goes Another One - Lost Contact With Air Asia Flight

Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    AirAsia flight from Indonesia to Singapore loses contact

Confirmed by Air Asia - looking for the wreckage now
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Took an "Unusual path" before being lost...

http://www.newsweek.com/airasia-flig...missing-295251
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    "The Indonesian transport official said the plane had asked for an unusual route before it lost contact."

This seems a strange comment.

I hope it hasn't crashed and has been landed somewhere.

Air Asia X is in the poo here in Aust. for canceling the direct flights Melb. to Bali by sending text messages to people on Christmas day cancelling their flights booked for boxing day.

They said it was due to unforeseen circumstances that prevented them getting the license to fly direct. They offered flights via KL that added an extra 7 hrs and some an extra day. Both ways.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

maybe it took a left turn and went looking for MH370 ???

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Geezus - I nearly had a heart attack when I read the thread title.

My elddest daughter's on her way to Indo with air Asia !!

Newby
    "There are emerging reports the plane may have been trying to avoid bad weather at the time it disappeared."

Air Asia jet loses contact with air traffic control | News.com.au

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Heavy storm activity in the area at the time.... So wanting to dodge them sounds sensible move by the pilot...
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Should quieten the conspiracy theorists down a bit

AirAsia wrote a new note: [Updated statement] QZ8501.
    [Updated statement] QZ8501
    AirAsia Indonesia regrets to confirm that flight QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control at 07:24 (Surabaya LT) this morning. The flight took off from Juanda International Airport in Surabaya at 0535hours.

The aircraft was an Airbus A320-200 with the registration number PK-AXC. There were two pilots, four flight attendants and one engineer on board.

The captain in command had a total of 6,100 flying hours and the first officer a total of 2,275 flying hours

There were 155 passengers on board, with 138 adults, 16 children and 1 infant. Also on board were 2 pilots and 5 cabin crew.

Nationalities of passengers and crew onboard are as below:
    1 Singapore
    1 Malaysia
    1 France
    3 South Korean
    156 Indonesia

At this time, search and rescue operations are being conducted under the guidance of The Indonesia of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). AirAsia Indonesia is cooperating fully and assisting the investigation in every possible way.

The aircraft was on the submitted flight plan route and was requesting deviation due to enroute weather before communication with the aircraft was lost while it was still under the control of the Indonesian Air Traffic Control (ATC).

The aircraft had undergone its last scheduled maintenance on 16 November 2014.

AirAsia has established an Emergency Call Centre that is available for family or friends of those who may have been on board the aircraft. The number is: +622129850801.

AirAsia will release further information as soon as it becomes available. Updated information will also be posted on the AirAsia website, AirAsia | Cheap flights to Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Siem Reap, Taipei | Book online now.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    We heard on the news in the car very sad.
    Lost contact close to Borneo......

UPDATE 4.45PM: THERE are unconfirmed reports that the wreckage of Air Asia flight QZ8501 has been spotted after it went missing with 162 people aboard after takeoff from Indonesia on the way to Singapore.
    China Central TV is reporting that wreckage has been found at Belitung Island, Indonesia, but neither AirAsia nor search and rescue authorities have confirmed the information.
    The Jakarta Post has also given a very precise location at 145 kilometres from Belitung, citing a National Search and Rescue official.
    "It is believed the flight had circled over the sea near Belitung to avoid a storm before it experienced severe turbulence and crashed into the ocean."
    The aircraft, an Airbus A320-200 with the registration number PK-AXC, lost contact with the Jakarta air traffic control tower at 6:17 am local time.

Flightradar24, a flight tracking website, said the plane was delivered in September 2008, which would make it six years old.
    It said the plane was flying at 32,000 feet (9,700 meters), the regular cruising altitude for most jetliners, when the signal from the plane was lost.
    Officials initially said Flight QZ8501 had requested an unusual route before losing contact but it was later revealed that the pilot had not deviated but had requested to ascend to 38,000 feet to miss heavy clouds on the flight path.
    Last edited by justcruzing1; 28th December 2014 at 17:40.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    that sucks!!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Dazza's Avatar
    Terrible news, makes this frequent traveller nervous.
    TMTBOUND likes this.

well that's reassuring...

an aviation expert on BBC world just said that it's quite common for aircraft to break up in the kind of storm clouds the plane was trying to avoid

it seems it may have been getting shook up quite bad and tried to climb over them.

only 2 weeks ago we were getting bounced around fairly bad in some storm clouds and i started to wonder just how much of that the air frame could take.

Journalistic nonsense prevails yet again. Modern jets do not commonly break up in bad weather. This may prove an exception although way too early for speculation despite sever storms and turbulence. A knockdown may have occured at a critical time whilst flight computer was not engaged and pilots became disoriented ... Oops, I just speculated.
    Soupdragon and Cuzzy like this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Just been reported that the plane was flying at 100 knots below it's normal cruising speed. Low speed and strong turbulence are not a good mix and will almost certainly have been a big factor.
    Always be yourself.........Unless you can be a Dragon.........Then always be a Dragon.

Though if it was climbing to 38,000 feet, wouldn't that slow it down?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

yeah,was going ask when was the last time one fell apart in severe turbulence?

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Though if it was climbing to 38,000 feet, wouldn't that slow it down?
    It shouldn't, planes don't cruise on full power, if the pilot needed to climb he could have upped the thrust to maintain speed in the climb, or more likely let the auto pilot do it for him. The 'expert' said it was likely an equipment fault, possibly icing on the sensors (pitot tubes).
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    What a weird feeling when your wife is on a place in Asia at the exact moment you hear this plane goes down.
    Obviously not the same airline....but a weird feeling just the same.

Also AA is my preferred airline because of their new planes

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast