Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob

Thread: BKK Immigration early morning?

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,248

    BKK Immigration early morning?

    You know that in all my trips to Thailand I have never just flown in and not gone to Bangkok.
    So trying to see how immigration is early morning or if time of day even matters?

    I arrived at 5:45am...........really won't be in a rush just trying to line up my flight to Samui

    So anyone have experience with BKK Immigration early morning?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,720
    Arrived around 2.00am and 3.00am a number of times... just as busy as normal... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    Not sure what the question is?

    I always arrive early morning (between 5am and 8 am) and I can't say it is quiet at that time... Not peak hour either...

    The main reason for it being busy is your own plain, however, 400 people queuing up for immigration...
    Good to know their is "the other" exit 200 meters further (regardless of which way you are coming,,) that is usually far more relaxed...

    What I do myself is let everyone go, smoke 2 cigarettes and go after the mob.. but as a non-smoker you might want to rush and beat the queue...

  4. #4
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,720
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Not sure what the question is?

    I always arrive early morning (between 5am and 8 am) and I can't say it is quiet at that time... Not peak hour either...

    The main reason for it being busy is your own plain, however, 400 people queuing up for immigration...
    Good to know their is "the other" exit 200 meters further (regardless of which way you are coming,,) that is usually far more relaxed...

    What I do myself is let everyone go, smoke 2 cigarettes and go after the mob.. but as a non-smoker you might want to rush and beat the queue...
    Ha! There were at least 3 or 4 large planes that arrived same time as me last trip at 2.00am... even the 2nd exit was crowded... took about 45 mins to get thru to luggage... not too bad...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,248
    Thanks
    So seems like can be as busy as any time

    I will just book the later flight, it is only 30mins later and I hate to rush when travelling

  6. #6
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    36
    Should be an interesting TV programme on BBC3 tonight (Thurs) 9pm UK time called "Bangkok Airport". From the trailer I can't work out if its a fly-on-the-wall documentry or a mockumentry, I suspect the former. Looks like a few interesting 'characters'

  7. #7
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,933
    Sent you a PM...


    There is no way to forecast what immigration will be like at any given.... There may be a couple of 380's pull up just in front of your plane... there might be late running services... it can be chaos at any given time.

    If you want to get thru quickly, try Bangkok Flight Services.. I use them all the time.... costs 850 baht.... and most times I am out the front having a smoke within 10 minutes of the plane door opening.... It is money well spent.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

  8. #8
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,694
    Use the VIP/diplomatic channel and choose the female officer, works for me,
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

  9. #9
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,720
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Use the VIP/diplomatic channel and choose the female officer, works for me,
    I went up that channel by mistake once and went straight through. Do they actually check if you qualify? ...55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  10. #10
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I went up that channel by mistake once and went straight through. Do they actually check if you qualify? ...55
    I don't think so. All farangs look important, especially Thai Dreamers .... 555
    Quarky likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •