Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob

Thread: Solar power & hot water

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar

Solar power & hot water

Anyone have experience with solar power and or hot water in Thailand
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Solar power for house expensive. More info here ABO Category

Easy to make up a solar collector for hot water if required although electricity being so cheap an electric unit preferred.
    Cuzzy likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Yeah, it always amazes me when I fly into to BKK, the lack of solar panels on roofs... Close to the equator, you would reckon they would be everywhere.. Fly into any Aussie City and they are everywhere...

I didn't realise solar was expensive in Thailand, considering most of the panels these days are Chinese made... With the way the Thai government has been snuggling up to the Chinese of late, I would expect that solar would become pretty cheap there over time.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    I didn't realise solar was expensive in Thailand, considering most of the panels these days are Chinese made... With the way the Thai government has been snuggling up to the Chinese of late, I would expect that solar would become pretty cheap there over time.

I think the reason they are not popular is like KR mentioned that the cost of electricity is so cheap at the moment.

I have a friend who owns a house in Samui, about 18months ago it was going to cost 12K Aud for solar panels but that did come with a battery bank, different to the kits supplied here in Australia, I saw the quote and it was European Panels. He wanted them so he could have a consistent electricity supply.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

So where does the electricity come from in Thailand ??

Is it imported from Bhutan like in India?
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    So where does the electricity come from in Thailand ??

Is it imported from Bhutan like in India?
    Answered my own question.... another corrupt enterprise. Wikipedia as the source could be open to correction of course.

Energy in Thailand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia