Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Where you want to go next?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Where you want to go next?

Anybody have any dream trips or trips they thinking about taking in the next couple of years other than Thailand

I really want to see Newfoundland. Ironically my fathers side is from there and the place is littered with my last name. So thinking about trying to get a mini family reunion there next summer.
    I really just want to see it, it looks stunning but a good opportunity to all meet there.

As far as a dream trip or wish list.
    Africa for sure
    And the Middle East

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    due for another trip to the Berner Oberland area of Switzeralnd....might be a bit expensive these days though.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Anybody have any dream trips or trips they thinking about taking in the next couple of years other than Thailand

I really want to see Newfoundland. Ironically my fathers side is from there and the place is littered with my last name. So thinking about trying to get a mini family reunion there next summer.
    I really just want to see it, it looks stunning but a good opportunity to all meet there.

Africa for sure
    And the Middle East
    When I was at High School I was in the Climbing Group. We did some of the smaller climbs and alpine tracks in NZ and progressed to Mt Taranaki in winter for the ice experience, Mt Aspiring and on to Mt Cook or more correctly Aoraki.

When I got to the 6th Form we were asked if we wanted to go to Everest and trek to South Base Camp and if the weather is ok we may send a small group to attempt a summit. I was really excited when I heard this.
    The issue was, my mum was a solo parent and each person who went on the expidition had to pay their own way. We tried many things but unfortunately couldn't raise the $7000 cost, which was a huge amount of money in those days 555.

So for me, a trip to the Himalayas has always been a dream. I am also fortunate that I have friends in Bhutan who I met when working in Perth and can combine the two trips together.

The approach and landing at Paro Bhutan.... if you are interested 55

Quarky likes this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

^Dlew and Nomad have done that trip recently Cuzzy and posted some TRs. American girl sitting next to me at work is heading there in May. On my list too... I'd also like to do the US properly...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I have planed twice to go to Vietnam and for differant resons both trips where canned. So VN is on my list this year.

I also have only been to Manila on very short business trips. Its a **** hole so i want to get out see the phils a bit. My current GF is from Cebu living in Australia so we are going in September. Her family have nice bed and breakfast place right on the beach so shoukd be a nice trip.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Sounds crazy but I would like to explore fully my own country. It will take a year or two to complete but we want to do it at a pace where all is absorbed and cherished.

Then most likely the same for LOS. Whilst able, the plan is to be exploring at least a month a year in retirement and the transition to.
    Last edited by jontymate; 21st February 2015 at 20:36.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Sounds crazy but I would like to explore fully my own country. It will take a year or two to complete but we want to do it at a pace where all is absorbed and cherished. .
    ditto,but probably not next.

i've probably seen more of Europe and SE Asia than i have of my own country....but hopefully when the time comes around it will be a jump in the car or vehicle and go thing while doing OS countries needs much more energy and stamina,so better done in younger years,IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ditto,but probably not next.

i've probably seen more of Europe and SE Asia than i have of my own country....but hopefully when the time comes around it will be a jump in the car or vehicle and go thing while doing OS countries needs much more energy and stamina,so better done in younger years,IMO.
    Myself included about my own country
    Although I have seen most parts of it I'd like to do a huge drive around it......giving places enough time

I took Dao to Shakespeare's cottage for example and that sort of thing just does not excite her.... Though she is really happy that I get excited about such things.

Latest thing that we have both taken to is exploring for fossils. Wow she absorbs so much when she wants to. Moo there are so many places to prospect for gold.. the other passion. 555
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    I took Dao to Shakespeare's cottage for example and that sort of thing just does not excite her.... Though she is really happy that I get excited about such things.

Latest thing that we have both taken to is exploring for fossils. Wow she absorbs so much when she wants to. Moo there are so many places to prospect for gold.. the other passion. 555
    But unless you had read Shakespeare's books and knew the history of him, and what he has meant to Western culture, then he'd be meaningless to anyone wouldn't he? I suspect Dao understands fossils though... hence the excitement?

I took a sabbatical from work about ten years ago and travelled around NZ... I appreciated it so much more than I did when I lived there... but I am still glad I toured Europe when I was young...
    Last edited by Quarky; 21st February 2015 at 21:12.

^ it's hard to get TG's excited about anything more than cleaning,cooking/eating spicy food and lazing around at home watching thai "movie" on the tv 555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

Africa for sure
    And the Middle East

I will exercise remarkable restraint and refrain from all the Newfie jokes 555!

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    My mom used to make them to my dad, so know them all!! 555

I do remind all my Canadian co-workers I am more likely Canadian than they are 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ it's hard to get TG's excited about anything more than cleaning,cooking/eating spicy food and lazing around at home watching thai "movie" on the tv 555
    555 ain't that the truth....

Au is pretty excited at the moment. She will be back here Wednesday lunchtime. We wil spend a couple of nights with my Aunty and Uncle at Bucklands Beach, maybe shoot into Auckland CBD to have a squizz.

This year we are going to do the Tongariro Crossing and a snow visit for her and possibly what will be a very big challenge for her.... Mt Ngauruhoe. Later on in the year we shall do a trip through the South Island. Re-acquaint myself with my roots.

How many people are like me, travel the world yet don't know vast areas of their own country.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Travelling is all about time, and the last timeless trips were in my twenties (time limit was money..)

Ever since, travel is limited in time... And the trips on my bucket list are just not achievable in the time I have..
    - Orient express from Berlin to Shanghai, with enough stops to not be on the train all the time..
    - 4WD Holland to Cape town, dream since I was a student, about to try that with a 10 yo Fiat 127.. 555

More realistic trips:
    - 3 days of meditation in Bodgaya.. short flight from CM, and could have done that easy enough... Just Thailand's grip is strong when you're there..
    - Ubon crossing into Laos- Pakse, from there float down the Mekong, Don Kong, floating jungle Cambodia to PP... Back to Thailand via Shianukville or SR.. Probably December..
    - Get a car to do the loop BKK- Cambo_ Vietnam up north, then cross through Laos to Nakhon Pathom or Vientienne/ Brother Egg (.. Nong khai).. Should have 4 weeks+ for that..

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post

How many people are like me, travel the world yet don't know vast areas of their own country.
    As mentioned a few posts back... I went back to NZ and toured it properly... was well worth it. Never appreciated it's diversity so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Travelling is all about time, and the last timeless trips were in my twenties (time limit was money..)

Ever since, travel is limited in time... And the trips on my bucket list are just not achievable in the time I have..
    - Orient express from Berlin to Shanghai, with enough stops to not be on the train all the time..
    - 4WD Holland to Cape town, dream since I was a student, about to try that with a 10 yo Fiat 127.. 555

More realistic trips:
    - 3 days of meditation in Bodgaya.. short flight from CM, and could have done that easy enough... Just Thailand's grip is strong when you're there..
    - Ubon crossing into Laos- Pakse, from there float down the Mekong, Don Kong, floating jungle Cambodia to PP... Back to Thailand via Shianukville or SR.. Probably December..
    - Get a car to do the loop BKK- Cambo_ Vietnam up north, then cross through Laos to Nakhon Pathom or Vientienne/ Brother Egg (.. Nong khai).. Should have 4 weeks+ for that..
    Have you toured Europe much Eric? I did my European escapade in 1990... its probably changed a bit since... Yugoslavia was one country back then...

Galapagos archipelago would be high on the list.
    Cuzzy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Is that the same as cracking jokes about people from Tasmania 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Morrocco was at the top of my list for visiting. But..... with the current instability in neighboring country's, i have have placed it with other middle eastern countries at this point. I would also love to go to Ethiopia.....

Now to my countries i dont think there is much risk. Myanmar....looks to have some amazing history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast