Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Zablive
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon

Thread: Australian expat charged with murder

Cadet Gold

Australian expat charged with murder

PHUKET: Lawyers aim to apply for bail today for Australian expat Mark Pendlebury, charged with murder over the death of a security guard after a fight outside a Phuket nightclub early yesterday.

Video Supports Aussie Facing Patong Murder Charge: Phuket Lawyers to Seek Bail - Phuket Wan

I have met Mark a couple of times and have been on his Sailing tour.

Hopefully the video will help him.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    ^^ So how actually did the stabbing ? or does no-one know, and why is Mark being blamed Naut ?
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    An odd piece of journalism indeed. I wouldn't want to be relying on a remote grainy video.

Why does he "Owe his life" to a couple of Indian tourists if he was standing over the road, moved closer to the melee then when confronted he backed off?

Moral if any, Never, ever put your nose in thai on thai altercations and especially never right there in front of Taipan where all the tuktuk mafia drivers hang out.

Hope it works out for Mark and he can get on with his life.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Well... he did stab and kill a security guard that was trying to stop him from taking a video of a dispute between Security and some tourists. I think he even admitted to that at least. But still... common sense would dictate that if a Thai is getting agitated with you the best thing to do is avoid confrontation... not pull a knife.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Banned
    ...........removed............
    Last edited by Fionn; 26th May 2015 at 13:53.

Ohh...I'm getting it now....

".....I pulled out my knife and waved it back and forth to defend myself...."

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Well... he did stab and kill a security guard that was trying to stop him from taking a video of a dispute between Security and some tourists. I think he even admitted to that at least. But still... common sense would dictate that if a Thai is getting agitated with you the best thing to do is avoid confrontation... not pull a knife.
    I thought I read/heard, a report here, he poked his nose in, and the security bloke took to him? the Indian blokes shepherded him across the road? He reckoned it was self defence.... *shrug* Guess time will tell I spose...
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    running to trouble and pulling a knife in a place like that?.....d1ckhead deserves whatever comes to him,IMO.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    running to trouble and pulling a knife in a place like that?.....d1ckhead deserves whatever comes to him,IMO.
    Yeah he is pretty silly, especially for a bloke that has been around the joint for a long time
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    suppose it might be a silly question..where did he get the knife....or is it common for people to carry knives these days....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Further - who takes a knife to a Rotary meeting? WTF!

(except for Forbes of course 555!)
    meese and dave01 like this.

He's a sailor, I imagine carrying a knife is habit?

On the video it shows like 5+ guys chasing him. I don't think the guard came up to him, asked him to stop, and he stabbed him. It looks more like he was backing away from the guard, but was followed by a mob of Thais chasing him. I presume it was at that point he took out the knife to defend himself from the mob (can't see that part though). Would make more sense than him just pulling a knife and stabbing a guard because he asked him to stop filming.

Had he been wearing his usual "Sailor cap" he would have been mistaken for a Russian tourist and escaped any serious attention. But was he really "Three sheets to the wind?".

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ you can see the screen light up on his phone when he first crosses the road?
    it looked a little like they didn't want him in particular filming as it looked like others were doing the same.

very silly man to stick his beak.
    Changone likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS