Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Are you an early bird or a night-owl?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar

Are you an early bird or a night-owl?

I am in the office at just after 6AM weekdays, so I tend to get to bed fairly early. Anything past 10PM is getting to be late for me and if I am tired from work and gym I can be in bed as early as 20:30.
    Weekends are a little different, but not by much. Unless I am going out I am in bed by midnight and up by about 7AM.

In LOS I do tend to become a bit of a night-owl and will often not get to bed much before one . But I very seldom make it through to dawn. I did three nights in a row on my last trip and that is something that I have not done since my early twenties.

Now often when am about to go to bed I see BM's in LOS still posting, and that is with a six hour time difference.

So what are you and how have your habits changed with regard to how much or little sleep you need? Do you fit in afternoon siesta's in order to stay up all hours?
    Last edited by PeteGill; 14th June 2015 at 16:14.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Getting up before 7am should be illegal. 55

Having to wake up early is by far one of my greatest pet peeves.
    Cuzzy likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Up with the pre-dawn sparrows for me - you might miss something.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I am a Night Owl.

I think it is conditioning. Work dictation etc.

Working a 2nd job in nightclubs for 11 yrs, I got used to getting to bed at 4am.

Then later driving a concrete truck had to be up at 5 am and home at 4-5pm so fell into bed by 8=9pm.

I spent 9 months living on as little as 3 hrs sleep a night but it burns you out.

Now, not working I tend to sleep/stay in bed, for 5 - 12 hrs and most times I am hitting bed in the early hours of the morning. I get tired around 5-7pm but then get a 2nd wind that stops me from sleeping after that, till 2,3,4,-5am.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    If I'm working - like this weekend, I'm up at 5am and home at 8pm, so a light snack and into bed to do it all over again.

It's starting to wear very thin, but I need another 5 years to see the youngest daughter finally finish school and have enough $.

When I'm not working I still get up early and head off early. On holiday can be a little different, but thats slowing down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I am a Night Owl.

I think it is conditioning. Work dictation etc.

Working a 2nd job in nightclubs for 11 yrs, I got used to getting to bed at 4am.

Then later driving a concrete truck had to be up at 5 am and home at 4-5pm so fell into bed by 8=9pm.

I spent 9 months living on as little as 3 hrs sleep a night but it burns you out.

Now, not working I tend to sleep/stay in bed, for 5 - 12 hrs and most times I am hitting bed in the early hours of the morning. I get tired around 5-7pm but then get a 2nd wind that stops me from sleeping after that, till 2,3,4,-5am.
    My middle brother worked as a maintenance electrician for the newspapers for many years. As such he workrd 10Pm till 6Am six days a week. He would keep those hours even when h was on leave. Even though he left them a few years ago he still tends to stay up very late and sleep most the day.

I can adapt to either... I am up at 6.30am at the moment which is the longest sleep in I have ever had as work is so close... but when I had 90 minute commutes either way I was up at 5.30am each day. As I get older I need less sleep... I used to need 8 hours a day, but these days 6 hours is just about right...

When in Thailand with the time difference I am not tired until about 6am (midnight UK time) so tend to go out at about midnight if partying... and even if back early I don't usually sleep until 6.00amish... which also makes it easier to adapt jet-lag wise when I return home...
    Last edited by Quarky; 14th June 2015 at 18:40.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I only need about 4 hours of sleep a day.

And about 8 at night.
    Quarky, PeteGill, YankeeDK and 3 others like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    glad someone at the council is working 555555

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    when I was back in the Sydney running a business I was up at 6am and straight out to the pool to exercise...a quick breakfast of toast and tea and then downstairs to my office by 7.15am...work all day until at least 8pm and then dinner out before getting back home and crawling into bed by midnight..occasionally I'd eat at home and swim in the pool again before hitting the hay..on average 5-6 hours sleep

In Wellington I had no pool so was up before sunlight and straight down into the city do my laps in the harbouside pool...from there to breakfast business meetings and then into the office by 9-9.30am...home around 6-7pm unless I ate in town...and in bed by 11pm-ish...so same again...average around 6 hours sleep

Here all bets are off as I don't have to be awake at any particular hour..if I am working on a project I can go up to 36 hours before I collapse and finally sleep..if not I am usually asleep by 2am but often awake again just a few hours later...most days I have a cat nap in the afternoons...sometimes I will fall asleep mid sentence writing on my laptop whilst lying in bed...even in the mornings, especially if I have had just a few hours sleep the night before..its crazy for me here...specially when I have a night out until 5-6am and then get a drunken few hour sleep before dropping the hired help home..I'll sometimes just get back into bed then after a swim and some food then sleep most of the afternoon...sleep patterns?....what sleep patterns 555

BTW..you wouldn't believe how many friends email or PM me asking WTF am I doing up most nights 555

^^^ You were the one that sprang to mind when I mentioned BM's posting at all hours 5555

But it is great that you don't need to fit in to any routine and can sleep when you feel the need.
    bacwaan likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    With work 3 days I am up at 4.30am 1 day 3.30am and the rest at least to 7.30am. Some nights down and out just before 10pm others still up at 11.30pm try never to get past midnight with early starts. I finish 6pm 5 days and 12pm on weekends, but my saviour is work close to home I can grab a nana nap here & there when workload permits. It is amazing how a 20min of zzzeds can rejuvanate you sometimes
    Quarky likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I am both!

I've always been a night owl. Love being up late and not particularly doing anything.

But since my alarm goes off at 4:40am and i get out of bed about 5am and in work about 5:45am I am an early riser now

And I like waking up early.

I usually don't go to bed until 11:30-12am on weeknights then I wil usually take an hour nap in the day

Cadet Gold
    I work nights from 7 pm to 8 am but I've always been a night owl. Actually I just don't have an inner clock I think. When I was young and had 1 week off school I would gradually go to bed later and later every day until I eventually got up so late that it was early morning. I'd come full circle.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I must be a bit weird..... Except when I am overnighting at work, I get pretty well 7 hours unbroken sleep every night. So if I go to bed at say, 10 I wake up at 5... I generally go to bed when I am home at 1 or 2am, wake up at 8 or 9am. I am lucky, I don't get up at all through the night...

When I am work it is a bit different.... on one job we get to Sydney about 8:10pm... we go to a hotel, but you can't get to sleep straight away, so U don't try... I get to sleep about 11 or midnight, but am up again at 4am to work back home the next morning.... we have a similar job to Grafton... On those jobs, when I get home, I usually have a nana nap in the afternoon 555
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Another Earlybird Here.................................Maybe due to getting out of bed at 5am for work for the past 30 years 555........................Still on my days off I get out of bed early, I wake up and straight out of bed, I hardy ever can stay in the bed early morning once I wake up. Usually in the bed by 10pm 7 days a week, unless i have a function on. On holidays I can slightly change these times but I still enjoy the early mornings.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Normally at home, go to bed around midnight and up around 6am.

When I am away with my GF, out with her till about 10-11pm she goes to bed and I go out again most nights (Not such a big party time since my heart attack), but still good to get out and about. Normally home 2-3am and then up for breakfast.
    If I am holiday on my own then still like late nights out, but without getting so wasted, or that is normally the plan 55555.

10-15 years ago I would lay in bed on a Sunday and get up when it was time to go to the pub about 3-4pm, but now am up early morning even at weekends and often go to the beach for breakfast as is only 10-15 mins drive from where I live.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    I hate getting out of bed early. I spent decades getting up before 5am and quite over it now.

Mind you, I still have no issues catching an early flight to VN for a stopover before BKK.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I seldom go to bed before one AM. I wake up to pee about 5 AM. And, depending on how I feel might go back to bed for another hour, or I might go for coffee at a local hotel and read their newspaper. It's nice to ride the motorbike in the morning and wakes me up. But, if I don't have some physical exercise to keep me awake during the day it's too easy to fall asleep for an hour in the afternoon. Looking at a computer screen too long, or watching television tends to put me to sleep. It's more tiring than climbing a mountain.

I eat a lot of fruit and that tends to make me want to pee more often. Pressure on the bladder is not conducive to good sleep.
    Last edited by Ian Forbes; 19th June 2015 at 14:53.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I am surprised that so many people need to wake up so early for work
    I thought I was one of the only ones

Luckily I get out at 1pm everyday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast