Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Todays Kids -- still hope

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar

Todays Kids -- still hope

We have talked before about the shape of kids today, often in a negative light, often about how they have lost the art of making their own fun, and being too reliant on virtual stimulation

Well today as i drove up the road close to my house i had too pull over, get out of my car and get this photo..... because it shows many things in today's world

See its council throw out this week in my area, the streets are piled with everyone's unwanted belongings .... and these kids had the initiative to put some of it to good use...

It was encouraging to see to say the least ! .... anyone care to comment about the many possible things that this photo shows in relation to todays kids ?

justcruzing1 and TLandHim like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

There is something a bit gay about the colours... but I take your point Sydney... its a throw back to the 60s and 70s with home-made box carts, jumpers for goal posts, cowboys and Indians... (how come nobody wanted to be the Indians? Prejudice even as kids.. 55)
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

^^ 555 WTF ? how did you get gay in colour from that ... what made you even think that ?... ok the car is pink, but its being picked up from the side of the road ...55555

Couple of points i considered ...

You can't take the play-station out of the kid, but you can't take the tyre and stick out either

Give a kid FB and what does he have ? ..... give a kid a pile of junk and what does he get ?
    Last edited by Sydney; 21st June 2015 at 19:31.
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I like the look of the lounge ...top left

I agree with you Sydney, it is encouraging to see...BUT I'll bet they have downloaded the photo onto their Facebook and other media pages 5555555
    Quarky likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    ^^ 555 WTF ? how did you get gay in colour from that ... what made you even think that ?... ok the car is pink, but its being picked up from the side of the road ...55555

Couple of points i considered ...

You can't take the play-station out of the kid, but you can't can't take the tyre and stick out either

Give a kid FB and what does he have ? ..... give a kid a pile of junk and what does he get ?
    I think its great that they are having fun with tangibles...

And the whole lot looks pink.. the pink umbrella, the pink car... it looks like a street version of Mary Poppins... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I like the look of the lounge ...top left

I agree with you Sydney, it is encouraging to see...BUT I'll bet they have downloaded the photo onto their Facebook and other media pages 5555555
    Lazyboy too !! ..5555 ... council throw out has taken on a whole new meaning the last couple of years ....

And this throw out i have learnt more about it, because this time has being my biggest throw out, so maybe 30 or 40 trips to the nature strip (roadside) ... and i swear nearly each trip i made there was a car pulled over checking out my pile ....

Now the searches fall into 2 categories ...

1. the money maker .... they come early, 6.00Am onwards and they drive small trucks or utes, some have wenches to haul up fridges etc ... they are either searching for metal, or things to sell, but their numbers have increased hugely, ebay would have a lot to do with that, i chatted this time with a few of them, asked what they were after etc .... some items i put out were gone by the time i returned

2. Husband and Wives ..... this type amazed me the most, often, ........ no actually mostly driving expensive cars..... have no idea what they are searching for, but they are searching, stopping at pile to pile up the street .... maybe looking for the exclusive win .... not sure but this searcher has increased in numbers more than the money maker and has me totally perplexed .....
    Last edited by Sydney; 21st June 2015 at 19:50.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    BUT I'll bet they have downloaded the photo onto their Facebook and other media pages 5555555
    Great, i hope they do ..... spread the good word ...555
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    A mate of mine was packing everything for a move overseas, had no car and was not paying someone to remove unwanted crap that needed dumping so he put the unwanted stuff on the footpath and in the morning the crap was gone 555
    One mans junk ....

Good to see kids out and allowed to play at being kids.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Roadside scavenging has become such a problem in NZ that these types of council collections are to be stopped as of this year.

People would come along and throw the **** everywhere and the place looked atrocious so after many complaints the Council said NAH!!!

7293345.jpg

And this pic is a mild example.....
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Yeah I hate 'bring out yer dead'. Makes nice neighbourhoods look like the wrong side of the tracks.

I can't believe how much crap people manage to horde. Just keep the damn house clean or cough up for a trailer to the tip. Cheap, lazy bastards.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    Roadside scavenging has become such a problem in NZ that these types of council collections are to be stopped as of this year.

People would come along and throw the **** everywhere and the place looked atrocious so after many complaints the Council said NAH!!!

7293345.jpg

And this pic is a mild example.....

^^ thats a interesting post Cuz as that was exactly one of my thoughts over the weekend as i interacted and also watched the searchers ....

But the opposite to the NZ problem .... every searcher did it so neatly, not disturbing the pile at all, sure they would dig, but all made sure that everything was back in place once they left, i was friggen amazed, perhaps there feared what you are taking about ..

If the council stopped collecting here, i would be ringing them up asking for a reduction in my rates bill !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Yeah I hate 'bring out yer dead'. Makes nice neighborhoods look like the wrong side of the tracks.

I can't believe how much crap people manage to horde. Just keep the damn house clean or cough up for a trailer to the tip. Cheap, lazy bastards.
    Not in Sydney ... what tip ? they are all golf coarses now

They do have refuge stations, but they cost $ 120.00 or more a ton ?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Not in Sydney ... what tip ? they are all golf coarses now

They do have refuge stations, but they cost $ 120.00 or more a ton ?
    $19 for a 6x4 trailer at our local Transfer Station. I think a boot full is cheaper but maybe $19 is the lowest. You can recycle plastics, tins, bottles, cardboard, paper and batteries for free. You have to pay for green waste i.e. trees and shrubs to a maximum dia and all other waste through the weigh bridge and into the chute for general waste and containers for green with some exclusions.

recycle.jpg

I usually manage all my waste without a trailer unless I am doing renovations or major foliage trimming otherwise it goes in the boot and recycle. I probably do general waste once a year. The rest goes out weekly in a paid bag approx 50ltrs for $2.80 a bag. Most of my food waste excluding meat and acid vegetables go into the compost bin.

Scooter, my 10yo male cat keeps the rats away. He used to be hard on the bird life but like me he's getting on a bit 555.

Too easy
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

^^^

Ohh sorry i got the per ton rate wrong for the transfer station ... i just looked it up, $ 320 per tonne for most sites in Sydney

We do actually have one tip left thats about 40 minutes from me that charges a per trailer cost, but thats almost fill as well and will eventually close

Who has literally a ton of rubbish in their house? 555

Unless you're knocking out a kitchen wall or something..

Who has literally a ton of rubbish in their house? 555

Unless you're knocking out a kitchen wall or something..
    ^^ you are kidding right ? ...... you are living in your solo little world again Bacon ...55555

Try living in a household of 3 kids, a wife, a dog and a cat .... the crap mounts up daily !!

Haven't you ever thrown out a old lounge suite, double mattress ?? ,

i just added to my massive pile, a 8X4 pool table and a huge 3 seater and two 1 seaters old style leather lounge suites, the fcukers would have weighed a ton combined....5555 .. there was no lifting these monsters, i had to roll them out to the front gate ... 5555

Now the pool table you should have put on gumtree. Some genius would have come picked it up for 5 bucks 555.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I've seen it when I was over in Oz , but we don't have the same thing , there's a local dump to take stuff to , you can hire a skip or when a new sofa / bed is delivered the company usually takes away your old one , if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    when a new sofa / bed is delivered the company usually takes away your old one , if you want
    Will hospitals take the old kids when you have a new one? Now there's an idea.
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Now the pool table you should have put on gumtree. Some genius would have come picked it up for 5 bucks 555.
    It is a bit of sacrilege to be honest in throwing out a pool table ... not something i am proud off..... its not about the pool table itself, its about the many memories tied up with that table, all the late nights and spilt bourbons, the marathon rounds, the money lost on bets .... right up there with dart boards, they become part of you, part of history ...55555555555

But unfortunately my life has taken another major turn ..... watch this space as they say
    Stillearly likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast