Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: pet hate's ..at home as well as los

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar

pet hate's ..at home as well as los

Another thread about los..Well maybe half..Should keep everybody happy...55555

Top of the list has to be the chewing of gum...Especially from sales staff...And seems they are incapable of chewing with there mouth shut....Maybe its a age thing..more likely a lack of management

Suppose the 2nd one is people that are continually on there phones and talking on the top of there voices especially in lines..Do they really think we are interested...Suppose they do...555

Not really a pet hate ..but do find it quiet amusing when people wear sunglasses when it rains..Its storming here in Cape Town ..even some talk of snow on the mountains and must have seen about 10 people wearing sunglasses while i was driving around..fashion statement???

Also find quiet funny this trend from young males that wear a pony tail on the top of there head...Hell it really looks silly to me 555555....

My big pet hate in los are falangs who smoke in restaurants ect..yes i know they are allowed to..But they cant do it at home..To me its the i just dont care attitude...I dont mind people smoking...Just not when im eating

And please i hope its no one,s pet hate that people cant spell 555555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Actually Bally there is a Thailand wide law against smoking in restaurants - never enforced - Sucks!

FFS! activate Spellcheck on your browser - or I'll start ...
    Last edited by Zablive; 24th June 2015 at 23:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Actually Bally there is a Thailand wide law against smoking in restaurants - never enforced - Sucks!

FFS! activate Spellcheck on your browser - or I'll start ...
    baz i thought i did quiet well with the spelling on this last post....55555 if i knew how to do it would have done it a long time ago.....

btw glad to hear about the smoking ban....so i can complain...but i know nothing will be done thou555555
    briofoz likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Messe I'm with you on your point's, hate gum chewer's and mobile talkers or texter's.

In Los hated the nose pickers and the spitter's, also the no cover the mouth coughers.

Sunglasses in the night are one of my pet peeves.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    I'm pretty much addicted to chewing gum, helps me concentrate and relax and work...seriously, so guilty there.

My pets hates, anyone who takes a selfie. And anyone who just stops driving where they shouldn't and sticks on their hazard lights as if that makes it OK. Arab play boys and taxi drivers are the worst.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Not the action of chewing gum for me , the disposal of it .... especially when you see a newly Tarmaced pavement after a couple of days it is splattered with discarded gum ...

LOS , still hate not getting my food in the correct order ... in the early days I would think it's funny and this is Thailand , now when you go to a restaurant and menus are more "sophisticated" they have sections for appetisers/ starters etc , some places still can't get it right , even if you emphasise that these items are to start , then afterwards bring out the rest , they still fcuk it up ... I keep saying to myself I should only order the starters and then the main when they arrive , but that means you can be sat there for ages , or they will still bring out the rice before the other dishes , because that's ready quickest ....

And smoking in restaurants ....

and , and , and I'm a grumpy old git
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Parents oblivious to their kids being loud or behaving badly.

Slow drivers.

People eating when I'm trying to enjoy my cigarette.

Stupid bar rules back home. Tonight after dinner I asked for a double scotch. I was told they weren't allowed to serve me a double, but instead I could have two singles in two separate glasses. I swear I'm not making this up.
    PeteGill and Stillearly like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

there is always lots of traffic behind me..but they are a friendly bunch always waving and sounding there hooters as they pass 5555

dont they they want sales...great story bacon5555..you cant make that kind of stuff up 555

If I am totally honest... nothing really bothers me.. not consistently... not even gun owners...

If something bothered me that much, I'd do something about it. Like women used to bother me when they lived with me... so I just don't live with em...

I am bothered in a.. "It's not affecting me directly, but the thought that it happens makes me feel ill" ...sort of way, by paedophiles who rape and kill... and by groups like ISIS's leaders who brainwash people to kill other other people, including women and children... (IRA leaders weren't that dissimilar, nor were the Croation forces who genocidally marched thru Yugoslavia... cowards that get other people to kill for them)

That bothers me...
    Last edited by Quarky; 25th June 2015 at 04:33.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Used to drink a snakebite back in my student days.. half cider and half larger with some blackcurrant cordial. Apparently was "illegal" to serve alcoholic drinks mixed so had to order both separate and mix.. fckin ridiculous.

Re drivers, it's definitely the fast ones who tail gate who piss me off the most. Never really notice any driving slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    Used to drink a snakebite back in my student days.. half cider and half larger with some blackcurrant cordial. Apparently was "illegal" to serve alcoholic drinks mixed so had to order both separate and mix.. fckin ridiculous.

Re drivers, it's definitely the fast ones who tail gate who piss me off the most. Never really notice any driving slowly.
    Green Monsters .... Snakebite with Creme de Menthe

Oh, Liverpool's defence bothers me a lot...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

PGC
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PGC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    I was driving one on a wet dirty night when a car pulled out of a side road in front of me and then immediately slammed his breaks on... I just had time to stand on my breaks and skidded to a halt. Then proceeded to call him all the names under the sun. He sped off and turned into the next side road. I calmed down and carried on home. Only to find he was stood outside my next door neighbours house with his car parked outside.

There was just a minute amount of doubt in my mind that it might not be the same car that I didn't say anything, but he went bright red and left almost immediately.

So I lost my chance to rant at him again....Somehow it was better though. Never seen him next door since. Neither has the neighbour......She met him at the local disco, and he was on the pull.

It's nice when Karma happens
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    PGC not the same but similar. (not the happy ending unfortunately)

Years ago i had a brand new Toyota Celica, gun metal grey.

It was 6 weeks old and I was driving home on a p1ssing down Friday night.
    I was on the highway out of Chatswood and in the right turn lane into Boundry St, waiting on the lights to change and as they did and we moved off a car came up the inside of me and was obviously lost, wanted to go the same way and so I backed off and let him in.
    After we went under the bridge it opened to two lanes and he moved over doing the right thing to give me the run.

Now in the split second that I was checking over my shoulder to see if i was clear to change into his lane, and i am accelerating, a woman drove out of her house, into the outside lane and stopped dead to turn right into a side street.
    I happened to look in front and there were cars twisting and skiding with really bright red tail lights, in front of me.

I knew I wasn't going to stop in time, I was on the breaks and aquaplaining I looked to go on the other side of the road and go around them, no go headlights there.

All I could do was sit with my foot burried on the break and hold on as I went up the backside of a VW Bug. It was like a launching ramp, the whole front of my car was off the ground,
    I pushed the VW into the back of a 4 wheel drive, landcruizer I think, it then hit the back of a porsch that narrowly missed the car the woman was driving.

Everyone jumped out and were saying...what happened?? why did you stop in the outside lane??
    And the woman drove off down the side street never to be seen again.

The follow up is I was able to drive it and worked the weekend having called the insurance Co.

On the Monday I am going the other way to work, down thru Lane Cove National Park, up the hill climb and as i pass the crematorium I have a white car behind some distance and a car coming the other way hits the breaks in the corner and skids out of control doing 60kph It is coming straight at me!!
    Now this is all slow motion, split second stuff...I grab my hand break and flick the tail with a full opposite lock, i have a front wheel drive at full revs, with rear end in a slide in the wet .

As I watch in slow mo, the nose of the other car comes under my side mirror but somehow because of the flick slide I have going it misses me.

As i fight for control of my car i see the other spin off the gravel, bounce back onto his side and slam the armco rail then bounce back onto my side. As i go round the bend all I can think is...that white car is history.
    Well I wish that was true, it wasn't.

Further up the road i stop in a line at the traffic lights outside TV station 10.
    I am sitting there and i see in my rear mirror, the white car, It is OK and I am thinking...well I'll be buggered...how the hell??

Then i realized it wasn't breaking, it was still full tilt 80kph so i twisted my wheel to get to the grass on the left and went to grab a gear just as she hit me...well there was a bang and then I was looking at the ceiling of my car.

She hit me so hard it bent the frame of my seat back flat.

Lucky I had grabbed the handful of wheel lock and it didn't slam me into the car in front, just down the grass and into the fence.

She said she was driving and the windscreen was misting up so she was trying to find the demister controls. She was 17 had her license 3 months and had just got the car back, Dad's, on Friday from her last accident.

My poor baby was squeeze boxed, smashed both ends in a weekend.
    The insurance Co was not impressed.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I think one thing that bugged me in Thailand, specifically Bangkok, was a couple of bars, that if you wanted a vodka/coke light/coke zero.... the pr1cks would charge you 90 baht for the vodka and up to 100 for the soft drink, BUT if you wanted a vodka/coke/sprite etc.. they charged you 90 baht all up... and that was during happy hour!!! highway robbery, I paid it once, but never again... only because they caught me off guard...
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

so what did you do , drink fat coke ? Similar hapoened to me but I would make the can last for three rounds .... then I changed to Vodka Soda .... although on a day when I was taking it easy , I got charged 170baht for a plain bottle of soda in New Tiger 555

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    so what did you do , drink fat coke ? Similar hapoened to me but I would make the can last for three rounds .... then I changed to Vodka Soda .... although on a day when I was taking it easy , I got charged 170baht for a plain bottle of soda in New Tiger 555
    Nah I don't drink it, the fat coke 5555..... I did the same as you... vodka/soda it is!!! Or if I want beer SML... It just seems really weird to charge that way.... it is only a couple of bars, in BKK, I know of, that do it...

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Nah I don't drink it, the fat coke 5555..... I did the same as you... vodka/soda it is!!! Or if I want beer SML... It just seems really weird to charge that way.... it is only a couple of bars, in BKK, I know of, that do it...
    No I had Bars in Patts do it as well , pissed me off , especially as I was a regular customer and the zero versions cost the same in the shops

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    No I had Bars in Patts do it as well , pissed me off , especially as I was a regular customer and the zero versions cost the same in the shops
    It's got me beat why they do it that way... maybe someone knows? If I am drinking vodka, it's just automatic now for me to use soda or drink it straight up... Years ago, when Nicke had the MTB, we used to buy 3 or 4 of those 17 baht bottles and put them behind the bar for mixxes.... So he just charged me what a mixed drink price was....

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    If I am totally honest... nothing really bothers me.. not consistently... not even gun owners...

If something bothered me that much, I'd do something about it. Like women used to bother me when they lived with me... so I just don't live with em...

I am bothered in a.. "It's not affecting me directly, but the thought that it happens makes me feel ill" ...sort of way, by paedophiles who rape and kill... and by groups like ISIS's leaders who brainwash people to kill other other people, including women and children... (IRA leaders weren't that dissimilar, nor were the Croation forces who genocidally marched thru Yugoslavia... cowards that get other people to kill for them)

That bothers me...
    Bit the same DP
    Gun owners don't bother me either 555
    Quarky likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast