Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: And we thought IS was a worry

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299

    And we thought IS was a worry

    Just watched a 60 Minutes program about China buying vast tracts of Australian farmland.

    3 trillion $US has been earmarked by the Chinese Government for the purchase of food producing land overseas.

    Very interesting, and a big worry. Not just for Australia... also for NZ. The same is happening here.

    Worth a look.
    TLandHim likes this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

  2. #2
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    We laugh at the stupidity of Thailands governments in the past ...

    But seriously how FUCKIN stupid does our governments have to be letting this happen ..... why not just hand the keys over now and be done with it
    Cuzzy likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Geographicaly, Cali!
    Posts
    3,346
    Umm, China has it's own economic problems coming home to roost.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,255
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Umm, China has it's own economic problems coming home to roost.
    Do they?
    Because a stock market in it's juvenile stage has had some ups and downs?
    I've never been a big believer that China will drive the global economy, they will be a big part of it.

    But I am less of a believer that they are in some sort of downward spiral, as has been bandied about so much.
    Chinese govt has so much money to keep it going for a long time.
    kaptainrob likes this.

  5. #5
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    ^^ And would you say some of the measures they smartly put in place to prevent a major crash, seem to have had the desired effect ....

    yes they had a correction, but lets face the news was more about selling newspapers
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  6. #6
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,732
    So the Chinese come. What you all scared of? Its the way of the world thru history.... as the Maori and Aborigine would say... som nom na...

    Embrace change... the world will be one big borderless place with everyone of mixed race eventually...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Do they?
    Because a stock market in it's juvenile stage has had some ups and downs?
    I've never been a big believer that China will drive the global economy, they will be a big part of it.

    But I am less of a believer that they are in some sort of downward spiral, as has been bandied about so much.
    Chinese govt has so much money to keep it going for a long time.
    Agree with you M26 and it's not just juvenile with the stcok market, it's the same as a world power, learning all the time and mistakes gave and will happen.
    Their stock market run was just stupid,how can you push it up 177% and yet have next to no productivity increase??

    It was their first introduction to a pyramid scheme.

    It's dropped and will even more, the Gov throwing money at it won't do anything other than delay the correction, but it will still settle at a healthy gain for the full 12-18mnth period.

    The thing i see is the everyday people will now, having lost, will be a bit cautious...the old.... once bitten twice shy thing.

    That is going to be a good thing, won't get it so over heated next time.

    Thats just my thoughts, I bow to you, Nomad and Cashy's expertise and knowledge of it.
    Minder likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    So the Chinese come. What you all scared of? Its the way of the world thru history.... as the Maori and Aborigine would say... som nom na...

    Embrace change... the world will be one big borderless place with everyone of mixed race eventually...
    555 Didn't know the Hori's and Abos spoke Thai.

    The loss of rights of our own people, the 5000 workers they want special dispensation for to bring from China to work in not only the farms they will buy, the Stock Agents they already own, the Transport companies they own, the Ports they are looking to own and the shipping lines they already own.

    The driving down of wages for Australian and NZ citizens because they will forced to work for lower wages that WILL be paid to migrant workers. The subjugation of our citizens because of the greed of those that have.

    We are in a round of wage negotiations with our employer. Most of the employees work for little more than the minimum legal adult wage of $14.75 per hour. Of course the company has the upper hand because all employees had to sign Individual Employment Contracts as a condition of employment. There is no Collective Agreement.

    The company has Chinese owners.The employees asked for a significant rise.... 20%+ The reply was.... there are plenty of people looking for work at the wages we pay you.

    New Zealand and Australian workers are already being disadvantaged by Immigrant workers who think our legal minimum wages are a godsend and are glad to work for that.

    Change isn't always good.
    Tingtong likes this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

  9. #9
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    555 Didn't know the Hori's and Abos spoke Thai.

    The loss of rights of our own people, the 5000 workers they want special dispensation for to bring from China to work in not only the farms they will buy, the Stock Agents they already own, the Transport companies they own, the Ports they are looking to own and the shipping lines they already own.

    The driving down of wages for Australian and NZ citizens because they will forced to work for lower wages that WILL be paid to migrant workers. The subjugation of our citizens because of the greed of those that have.

    We are in a round of wage negotiations with our employer. Most of the employees work for little more than the minimum legal adult wage of $14.75 per hour. Of course the company has the upper hand because all employees had to sign Individual Employment Contracts as a condition of employment. There is no Collective Agreement.

    The company has Chinese owners.The employees asked for a significant rise.... 20%+ The reply was.... there are plenty of people looking for work at the wages we pay you.

    New Zealand and Australian workers are already being disadvantaged by Immigrant workers who think our legal minimum wages are a godsend and are glad to work for that.

    Change isn't always good.
    All short term pain... in 500 years it won't matter...

    We should be thinking how we can take advantage of the inevitable... not what a problem it is...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  10. #10
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Well let's hope they can buy the transport companies as well as all the ports and airports too.
    When they've done that, we'll just have to impose a 300% export tax on anything they want to ship out...##....only way we'll ever pay subsistence to our citizens.
    Quarky, Moo Uaon and Tingtong like this.

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    All short term pain... in 500 years it won't matter...

    We should be thinking how we can take advantage of the inevitable... not what a problem it is...
    And how do people on minimum wages take advantage of anything?.

    When I first moved to Tauranga I was fortunate that it was on transfer. My salary was far above the normal wage.

    $10 Tauranga it was called and for good reason.

    Then people started moving their businesses here because wages were lower.

    The justification for paying low wages... because of the 'great lifestyle' available. Great beaches, great fishing, great scenery.

    It's not worth sh1t if you can't afford it. That is where we are heading. The average grunt worker has little value and is looked upon ss disposable.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299
    Oh... and I won't be here in 500 years. I am however, concerned about what there will be for our children.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

  13. #13
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    And how do people on minimum wages take advantage of anything?.

    When I first moved to Tauranga I was fortunate that it was on transfer. My salary was far above the normal wage.

    $10 Tauranga it was called and for good reason.

    Then people started moving their businesses here because wages were lower.

    The justification... because of the 'great lifestyle' available. Great beaches, great fishing, great scenery.

    It's not worth sh1t if you can't afford it. That is where we are heading. The average grunt worker has little value and is looked upon ss disposable.
    Ask the millions around the world that can't even dream of a minimum wage...

    What's with all this entitlement talk?

    We are entitled to nothing... it's the boom times that have made the West think they are owed a standard of living... but we're not!

    When the whole world has a minimum standard of living... then we can start talking about fairness...

    We've all been spoilt for so long, we have come to expect it...
    justcruzing1 likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  14. #14
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    Oh... and I won't be here in 500 years. I am however, concerned about what there will be for our children.
    Just your children? Or everyone's? Have a chat to the children living in the slums of Mumbai about how you are worried about your kids future...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  15. #15
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,732
    By the way... I am just as selfish as you. I want to take advantage of being "lucky" ... lucky to be born in the top 10% of wealthy in the world... I want to protect that lucky situation for as long as possible... but ethically I know it's pure selfishness... I didn't "earn" the right to be born lucky.... it was just luck... and is not necessarily beneficial to humanity as a whole... and humanity as a whole will eventually balance itself out...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  16. #16
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth , Australia
    Age
    60
    Posts
    3,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Well let's hope they can buy the transport companies as well as all the ports and airports too.
    When they've done that, we'll just have to impose a 300% export tax on anything they want to ship out...##....only way we'll ever pay subsistence to our citizens.
    Exactly, give them all the concessions they want to get them in, let them set up the business, establish the farms, fund the infrastructure and then slowly change the rules till they have to fire-sale the whole setup back to the errr "traditional" owners of the land.....

    Want a Thailand example ... be just like the Thai who owns a bar and leases it again and again to one farang after another .... while he oversees the enforcement of rules that send the latest mug broke improving and increasing the value of his asset ....

    Enjoy...
    Changone likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    เชียงใหม่
    Posts
    18,937
    the japanese buy up of Oz in the 80's came to nowt!!
    Minder and Changone like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

  18. #18
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Ask the millions around the world that can't even dream of a minimum wage...

    What's with all this entitlement talk?

    We are entitled to nothing... it's the boom times that have made the West think they are owed a standard of living... but we're not!

    When the whole world has a minimum standard of living... then we can start talking about fairness...

    We've all been spoilt for so long, we have come to expect it...

    Hang on a minute, back in yer box. Fairness....pfffft.
    If someone acts entitled it is exactly because of what their forbears have achieved. Everyone speaks from their own point of view and interest.
    What's all this "We" and "The West" talk?
    70 years ago Saudi Arabia and their near neighbours were all part of the same backwater desert. If kids in Mumbai think that somehow they are "Entitled" then it should be for the same reason. Everybody has to be someplace, and they're there. So be it, until something changes, but I wouldn't want to turn blue holding my breath for it.

  19. #19
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

    Hang on a minute, back in yer box. Fairness....pfffft.
    If someone acts entitled it is exactly because of what their forbears have achieved. Everyone speaks from their own point of view and interest.
    What's all this "We" and "The West" talk?
    70 years ago Saudi Arabia and their near neighbours were all part of the same backwater desert. If kids in Mumbai think that somehow they are "Entitled" then it should be for the same reason. Everybody has to be someplace, and they're there. So be it, until something changes, but I wouldn't want to turn blue holding my breath for it.
    So your forebears "earn" you this right... yeah good one... 55

    Come on C1. It's all crap... you know it, I know it... doesn't mean we (and I include myself) are not going to make the most of our lucky privileged position... just don't make out we deserve it... no one deserves where they are born...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    So the Chinese come. What you all scared of? Its the way of the world thru history.... as the Maori and Aborigine would say... som nom na...

    Embrace change... the world will be one big borderless place with everyone of mixed race eventually...
    People should be scared that the average person can no longer afford to own property.....as is the very real case in Vancouver
    And it is simply because the Canadian govt has sold their citizens out

    It be one thing if they were actually becoming members of society but it is simply money laundering
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 27th July 2015 at 02:58.
    TLandHim and Cuzzy like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •