Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Just an idea

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar

Just an idea

For the last six odd years, almost all of the things I wanted to write or say, have been stymied by that modern term referred to as ‘POLITICAL CORRECTNESS’.. Although I consider myself reasonably fluent in English, that term was not in my vocabulary. Curiosity got the better of me so I decided to do a little research, and after two weeks of chasing fruitless leads, I found what I’d been looking for at the Truman Library and Museum in Independence Missouri. An unnamed source there sent me copies of four telegrams between then-President Harry Truman and Gen Douglas MacArthur on the day before the actual signing of the WW2 Surrender Agreement in September 1945.. The contents of those four telegrams below are exactly as received at the end of the war - not a word has been added or deleted!

(1) Tokyo,Japan

0800-September 1,1945

To: President Harry S Truman

Tomorrow we meet with those yellow-bellied bastards and sign the Surrender Documents, any last minute instructions?

(2) Washington, D C

1300-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur

Congratulations, job well done, but you must tone down your obvious dislike of the Japanese when discussing the terms of the surrender with the press, because some of your remarks are fundamentally not politically correct!

(3) Tokyo, Japan

1630-September 1, 1945

To: H S Truman

Wilco Sir, but both Chester and I are somewhat confused, exactly what does the term politically correct mean?

(4) Washington, D C

2120-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur/C H Nimitz

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh1t by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the Truman Museum and Harry himself, you and I finally have a full understanding of what ‘POLITICAL CORRECTNESS’ really means.....

ALSO

.............. just keep this in mind when choosing your local idiot

Now, not my words but I understand where he was going on the issue, Political Correctness, I'm well over it.
    Cuzzy likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Bravo....... Picking up from the clean end.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar

Bill Maher Calls College Student A 'Little Sh*t' For Criticizing Jerry Seinfeld

Political talk show host Bill Maher called a college writer a "little ****" on his HBO show Friday night for questioning comedian Jerry Seinfeld's claim that college audiences are too politically correct.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Bill Maher, Guest Go Off on ‘Tedious’ PC Nonsense Popping Up on College Campuses | Mediaite

Bill Maher tonight spoke with The Atlantic‘s Caitlin Flanagan about why college campuses are so sensitive and too politically correct to take a joke these days.

Flanagan wrote a big report on the subject, and told Maher that it’s due to current college kids being “the inheritors of 30 years of identity politics,” splintering off into different groups instead of thinking about the general interest.

You know it's fake right?

snopes.com: Harry S. Truman on Political Correctness

Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    For the last six odd years, almost all of the things I wanted to write or say, have been stymied by that modern term referred to as ‘POLITICAL CORRECTNESS’.. Although I consider myself reasonably fluent in English, that term was not in my vocabulary. Curiosity got the better of me so I decided to do a little research, and after two weeks of chasing fruitless leads, I found what I’d been looking for at the Truman Library and Museum in Independence Missouri. An unnamed source there sent me copies of four telegrams between then-President Harry Truman and Gen Douglas MacArthur on the day before the actual signing of the WW2 Surrender Agreement in September 1945.. The contents of those four telegrams below are exactly as received at the end of the war - not a word has been added or deleted!

(1) Tokyo,Japan

0800-September 1,1945

To: President Harry S Truman

Tomorrow we meet with those yellow-bellied bastards and sign the Surrender Documents, any last minute instructions?

(2) Washington, D C

1300-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur

Congratulations, job well done, but you must tone down your obvious dislike of the Japanese when discussing the terms of the surrender with the press, because some of your remarks are fundamentally not politically correct!

(3) Tokyo, Japan

1630-September 1, 1945

To: H S Truman

Wilco Sir, but both Chester and I are somewhat confused, exactly what does the term politically correct mean?

(4) Washington, D C

2120-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur/C H Nimitz

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh1t by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to the Truman Museum and Harry himself, you and I finally have a full understanding of what ‘POLITICAL CORRECTNESS’ really means.....

ALSO

.............. just keep this in mind when choosing your local idiot

Now, not my words but I understand where he was going on the issue, Political Correctness, I'm well over it.
    Stillearly likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Bill Maher... another comedian that I find.. not funny..... too obvious.... actually, I apologise if he isn't a comedian.

Jon Stewart he aint.
    Stillearly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Bill Maher... another comedian that I find.. not funny..... too obvious.... actually, I apologise if he isn't a comedian.

Jon Stewart he aint.
    His show is not a comedy show. Its Politics, Events and Issues. If you're not well read in American current events then why would you think he's funny. It's the same for Americans listening to British satire.

So no opinion on the actual topic then?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    His show is not a comedy show. Its Politics, Events and Issues. If you're not well read in American current events then why would you think he's funny. It's the same for Americans listening to British satire.

Well, he actually thinks he is funny and tries to input comedy into the show

I fast forward through his opening monologue and his middle comedy bit...........just horrendous

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    You know, its not important who wrote this this script, the analogy remains close to my interpretation of Political Correctness and in the words of STORK "a spades a spade, moll".

Just thought I would put it out there.

To tell the truth, I have had a gutsful of it, PC that is. Bring on Donald trump for President. Now wouldn't that be something.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Well, he actually thinks he is funny and tries to input comedy into the show

I fast forward through his opening monologue and his middle comedy bit...........just horrendous
    I guess his live audiences are sprayed with laughing gas..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Well he sure thinks he's funny .... especially the much repeated Muslim peace joke ...

Some PC stuff is plainly stupid , but it seems to me that people who often use the phrase "PC gone mad" , are normally aggrieved they cannot use the sort of race language that was common in the 70's / 80's and before ...
    Quarky likes this.

Well I find Jon Stewart funny, despite my lack of well-readness... . I wasn't sure if he was supposed to be a comedian or not... but then heard the audience laughing...

Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    You know, its not important who wrote this this script, the analogy remains close to my interpretation of Political Correctness and in the words of STORK "a spades a spade, moll".

Just thought I would put it out there.

To tell the truth, I have had a gutsful of it, PC that is. Bring on Donald trump for President. Now wouldn't that be something.
    Well I thought the analogy was just silly... what's so clever about it?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Well I find Jon Stewart funny, despite my lack of well-readness... . I wasn't sure if he was supposed to be a comedian or not... but then heard the audience laughing...
    They laughed at Seinfeld as well , pretty sure that wasn't comedy either ....
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    They laughed at Seinfeld as well , pretty sure that wasn't comedy either ....
    I did like John Cleese's mocked laughter though... that was funny!

Maybe that's why Jon Stewart's on the Comedy Channel?

Maybe that's why Jon Stewart's on the Comedy Channel?
    I'm surprised at you sometimes... you quote people (apart from me) that aren't as funny as you... 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    damn that Snopes....damn them to hell!!
    Quarky, PeteGill and slampay like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Well he sure thinks he's funny .... especially the much repeated Muslim peace joke ...

Some PC stuff is plainly stupid , but it seems to me that people who often use the phrase "PC gone mad" , are normally aggrieved they cannot use the sort of race language that was common in the 70's / 80's and before ...
    I noticed that as well. The PC sphere is very wide, but when most people bring it up and are angry about it, you can always notice the race obsession in there as it's the first thing that comes up.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast