Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bacwaan
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon
  • 1 Post By Quarky
  • 1 Post By Changone

Thread: Weather question 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar

Weather question 5555

Ive got an opportunity to go over again to Kamala/Phuket in the last week of March and first week april.
    Im debating in my mind if i'll go or not due to some comments i've heard lately about the heat at those times.
    Comments like "i'll never go to Phuket again in March/April, too bl00dy hot" etc..
    Now i've never been in March and Im finding as Im getting older Im not enjoying the heat any more as i'm very active and like to walk and get arround a bit not just sit in a bar all day.
    Also the Accom prices at that time are putting me off as well, too add to my procrastinating.
    Any thoughts appreciated .

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    March is hot but isn't usually as bad as April.....in April HKT starts to get that build up to the "wet" and it becomes stiflingly humid as well

Its usually great beach weather then so if you get down there early enough to walk/exercise it doesn't seem so hot...middle of the day/early afternoon is best spent swimming, under an umbrella sipping c0cktails or in the loom with the AC cranked up...night times are reasonably pleasant

Before I lived in Kamala I used to love holidaying at this time...the crowds are gone and the mayhem has died down..plus the rains haven't yet started
    Tingtong likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    it can be hot there mar-april.
    was one march that it rained the whole month. think that was when samui and that coast copped it big when a tropical rain depression moved in.
    Tingtong likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

The hottest temps I have ever experienced in Thailand were from mid March to early April in Patong... this was going back a bit... 2007... but I found it uncomfortable every day... put me off ever going to Thailand again at that time of year... but we are all different. Sounds like Baccy likes those temps... 55
    Tingtong likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    My favorite time of year for mild sunny weather and minimal chance of rain is late January Early February.
    No guarantees though..555
    Tingtong likes this.

Thanks for reply's.
    I suppose its like any month in los you take your chances with the weather. we've been getting some really hot days here and its uncomfortable to say the least, so I was interested to hear from others of their experience at that time of year.
    I normally go in the Low season as the rain doesn't really worry me that much as long as you dont get days of rain in a row, but so far have been lucky....plus its a lot cheaper for an old battler like me 5555.
    Still trying to make up my mind before I spend the money on flights. God I hate procrastinating 5555 But if I go ahead and book for March I wont be able to afford to go later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    March is hot but isn't usually as bad as April.....in April HKT starts to get that build up to the "wet" and it becomes stiflingly humid as well

Its usually great beach weather then so if you get down there early enough to walk/exercise it doesn't seem so hot...middle of the day/early afternoon is best spent swimming, under an umbrella sipping c0cktails or in the loom with the AC cranked up...night times are reasonably pleasant

Before I lived in Kamala I used to love holidaying at this time...the crowds are gone and the mayhem has died down..plus the rains haven't yet started
    Yeah Backy, that is basically how I spend my days in Los..Im a early riser even on holidays, so I normally go for a walk/swim early but if its going to be hot Ill just have to go earlier....If my budget allowed it id try and stay somewhere with a pool, but in March I think they still try and bung on High season prices.

^ try Dodger...he may well have an apartment he can let you at a good price...he manages one in The Regent that I like and often use

There is also G1 just up from Ohh la la which has a rooftop pool. lovely rooms and is reasonably priced

G1 Hotel Kamala Beach, Thailand - Booking.com

^ Thanks Bac, They look alright , The pool at G1 looks inviting.
    Is Ohh La La the french place? I had, of all things, the best Hamburger outside of Aust in there. I think at one stage while eating it I said "that is a tasty Burger 55"
    I know your very Happy in Kho Samui, but do you miss living in Kamala?..Good bunch of people hanging at the Natacha in the Arvo's. I like the feel of Kamala, even the Muslims there are ok 5555

I had 3 years there mate and after a bit it becomes a very small village...It's mostly people you miss so I get back to Kamala once or twice every year to catch up...and Chob visits here about the same...he was the main guy I spent time with there...swimming and eating down at Surin most days or going for a spin on the scoots

The wet in HKT is too long for me....drives me nuts...plus I ceased to enjoy Patong, and Kamala is a very small gene pool as far as women go...555

Samui can be a bit quiet when no friends are in town but I have no problem with that...its pretty rare these days anyway...and there's always "company" just up the road if you want it