Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Japan Tsunami Video

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Scary? It certainly shows the power of a large volume of water - but in the words of Grampa Simpson "I've coughed up scarier stuff than that!"
    Life is the unexpected ...

I would think it would be scary to be there. But this video showed quite a gentle build-up... some of those other videos where everything was being washed away immediately would have me crapping myself somewhat...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Tsunami: Patong Beach | Free Video Clips | SPIKE

.....and perhaps scarier when you know the place.

I hate the way some of these videos seem to compete for the championship title of the best footage of the worst tragedy...it just seems disrespectful.....but I hate even more that we can't help but watch them

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    I hate the way some of these videos seem to compete for the championship title of the best footage of the worst tragedy...it just seems disrespectful.....but I hate even more that we can't help but watch them
    Personally I think it is good to see the graphic footage of Mother Nature at her worst, makes me think how lucky some of us are and some arn't, and when they ask for money for help I don't mind putting my hand in my pocket. Its also of use if the situation arose where we were in the same predicament, what could happen.

RIP the people that were lost

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Personally I think it is good to see the graphic footage of Mother Nature at her worst, makes me think how lucky some of us are and some arn't, and when they ask for money for help I don't mind putting my hand in my pocket. Its also of use if the situation arose where we were in the same predicament, what could happen.

RIP the people that were lost
    Yeah, I do feel the same way.....and I know I am being childish wishing that these videos were only ever put out there as information and to generate empathy for the victims.....which is a good thing.....but human nature being what it is I see a certain percentage of the population now view these as "entertainment" - I should just accept that since it can't be stopped anyway....

Are we a better society for seeing the graphic images the new media now gives us daily or does it make us less sensitive and caring to human misery? I don't know.

(Oh....too deep...I really need a beer!) (;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Yeah, I do feel the same way.....and I know I am being childish wishing that these videos were only ever put out there as information and to generate empathy for the victims.....which is a good thing.....but human nature being what it is I see a certain percentage of the population now view these as "entertainment" - I should just accept that since it can't be stopped anyway....

Are we a better society for seeing the graphic images the new media now gives us daily or does it make us less sensitive and caring to human misery? I don't know.

(Oh....too deep...I really need a beer!) (;-)
    I think we are. Before the Andaman Tsunami in 2004 and this Japanese one, I had always just read about tsunamis in books... and it seemed like a far off imaginery apocalypse... much like a large comet hitting the Earth. Now we have seen tsunamis in real life... it helps to focus the mind. We are vulnerable to nature and should take nothing for granted. Hopefully only a minority see it as novelty entertainment.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    This give a real sense of what it was like for some..........at a very human level..

Bloody hell. The camera person kept their cool! Still able to film while all that was happening. Couldn't quite work out why that one girl was circled though?

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Bloody hell. The camera person kept their cool! Still able to film while all that was happening. Couldn't quite work out why that one girl was circled though?
    Me neither..for me it was quite chilling..poor older people attempting to get up that bank..

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Me neither..for me it was quite chilling..poor older people attempting to get up that bank..
    Hope they all made it... was hard to tell. Amazing how a tranquil scene that could be anywhere in the world.. changed to carnage within seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Hope they all made it... was hard to tell. Amazing how a tranquil scene that could be anywhere in the world.. changed to carnage within seconds...
    Got the feeling that some did not.....soo quick then that busand cars just wizzing past the bank...