Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Where would you live/retire?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Where would you live/retire?

So you know either hit the lottery or are ready to retire....
    Where are you living?

This really has no wrong or right answer.
    And obviously a lot of guys will say Thailand

Me.....
    Manhattan...... It's just suits me perfectly. When I am here, no matter where I am living or travelled to...
    .I always feel right in NYC

And for me....poses a problem. A long distance problem.
    If I told my wife tomorrow we were moving to Boston she'd be all in
    If I told her NYC....she'd likely divorce me 555

So where would you live?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Finances would dictate where for many people in this day in age .... i mean that also within there own country ....

For me if everything pans out right .... or if i won lotto ..555

I am a worker ... i don't sit still real well, this might change but i doubt it ... i get bored to easy .. my retirement plan is so complex and far to difficult to settle on the one plan ...

So i am want more than one abode, including a mobile one ..., but everyone i want has its own set of problems that i will need to solve

I want land ( 5 acres at least) close to my beloved water sking river in Sydney ... just on the outskirts, acreage with no neighbors so i can do what i when i want ...... problem with this plan is how can i maintain it whilst i aren't there

Thailand ? ... yes a pad in BKK would be great ... but only 4 months of the year if that ... just enough to get some excitement, then when it starts to tire me, out i fly.

I also want to travel all round Oz and NZ .... like take a couple of years even more .... this is my mobile plan, i just love living out of a vehicle (RV), going to different towns, living on the beach, the bush ... camping, bush walking, swimming in some sort of water everyday ... if i like a place i stay. if not move on ...

Then back to the farm to grow some fruit and veg to juice .... restock, repower ready for the next adventure ....

repeat and repeat till i can't do it anymore .... hopefully 20 years of it minimum

I am not going to sit around waiting to die ... i am doing yoga and going to the gym purely for this day to come
    Last edited by Sydney; 18th December 2015 at 17:21.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

After seeing that program on dangerously high pollution toxicity levels in most inner cities around the world... away from the middle of any big city... 55

6 months NZ (near Mt Maunganui) and 6 months England.... somewhere just north of London...
    Last edited by Quarky; 18th December 2015 at 17:55.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    mine's pretty well documented so nothing to add here....555

after 7 years in LoS I still can't think of another place I'd sooner live...otherwise I would be living there
    Quarky, quiksilva, obes and 1 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    i'd be doing an IF and half and half.
    somewhere in Oz and over there.

LOS ain't any sort of paradise all year round for varying reasons in many different locations.
    obes likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Already picked it. Or She has. 555555

Byron bay
    Sydney and TMTBOUND like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

^^ ohh yeah forgot to add Byron Bay to my list .... hard to have to lots of acres but ...555

I will go Byron if my kids are off living on other countries ..... see you on the veranda Jont for a drink as the sun goes downnnnnnnnnnn ..5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I'd stay based were I am, Its got everything I need and is a nice part of the world. Being rich would mean living even closer to the Water in a nicer house and have a few nice Cars...
    Money would give me the chance to travel for longer periods and stay in 5 star instead of 2 .

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    ^^ ohh yeah forgot to add Byron Bay to my list .... hard to have to lots of acres but ...555

I will go Byron if my kids are off living on other countries ..... see you on the veranda Jont for a drink as the sun goes downnnnnnnnnnn ..5555
    Just put an offer in that was rejected. See how we go. Early days ......It's just SO SO US for a home base. I have never seen Dao so relaxed or saying nah too mutt for clean window. It's more really great comments now like how far to the hospital for when you get old. 555555
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Just put an offer in that was rejected. See how we go. Early days ......It's just SO SO US for a home base. I have never seen Dao so relaxed or saying nah too mutt for clean window. It's more really great comments now like how far to the hospital for when you get old. 555555
    Are they Thai owners? The structure on the left made me think you were already there... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    It will Be Thailand we have a home there already and a nice plot of land. Close by fishing and cycling and that other thing we like as we get older food.
    But travel will be on the cards.
    A tree change for us but I think I will be busier with building projects etc.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

For me this is really a question with a two part answer.

Part one
    In the past dozen or so years I've lived wherever I wanted for as long as I wanted and travelled to most places I wanted to along the way.
    For living, Include Perth, Brisbane, Phuket, London and the West Country of England.
    For visiting, Europe (All Over), United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, The French Riviera, Madrid & Tuscany being memorable, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia & Thailand (All over), Australia (All over).
    I really don't believe in buying a place to live as its likely I will change my mind before long, and who wants to be tied to one place?

Part two
    I fully expect to retire in either Australia or Thailand, but likely both. I don't expect to retire for a while just yet, even though I've been semi-retired for some years now.
    The reasons for this are entirely practical and have little or nothing to do with fanciful lottery wins. Even if the numbers come up, which I will be very happy about BTW, I can't see any big changes to the overall plan....well.........apart from the Ferrari and the Harley...555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    My Grandmother and Mother were born in Byron Bay .

Top place in the old days, unfortunately insane during peak season nowadays. Could and probably will be fixed one day.

If you lived there off peak and somewhere else during the madness, I'd do it for sure.

Love the place and have many fond memories

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    The view is what i am after ... was it a couple of mil or more ... how many acres .... how far out in the hills ?

this would be nice

320 Skinners Shoot Road Byron Bay NSW 2481 - Acreage/Semi-Rural for Sale #121411578 - realestate.com.au

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

....It's more really great comments now like how far to the hospital for when you get old. 555555
    The practical side showing....555

Yes
    They are just finishing a new hospital in Byron Bay now.looks quite big.

Should be able to handle some retired old codgers
    PeteGill likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    The original idea was Thailand, but the way the SA Rand is behaving I may have to keep on working till I am 105 years old 555

But lately I have been thinking a lot about just moving slightly inland from Cape Town. There are some truly amazing little towns in the mountains and wine route area's.. Close enough to the City so that I can come in for the day or a couple of days. but far enough to be in the country.. Montague and Robertson strike a cord.
    It would have to be lock up and go though as I still may well be tempted to do an IF and spend my winters in LOG, or at least part of them.
    obes likes this.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    At 26 it's a long way away..... with some hard work, hopefully I can speed up the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    The view is what i am after ... was it a couple of mil or more ... how many acres .... how far out in the hills ?

this would be nice

320 Skinners Shoot Road Byron Bay NSW 2481 - Acreage/Semi-Rural for Sale #121411578 - realestate.com.au
    Negative Ghost rider the inbox is full.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    At 26 it's a long way away..... with some hard work, hopefully I can speed up the process.
    With that spirit quiksilva - you'll sh1t it in

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast