Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Alcohol consumption of board members

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Maybe one Bloodymary per week on average except on holiday. Then maybe 10-15 a night maybe..... Who knows really.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Sheesh... some softies here 555.

I'm with Bacon and DP

I drink just about every night. 2 or 3 5% @ 330ml.

Tuesday is pool (8 ball) night with a small puff of ganja which seems to help my concentration and shot placement. I'm honestly off my game most times if I don't.

Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays usually at the RSA until membership draw is done, on average 3 750ml 4%.

Some nights, not often, I won't have any.

Surprisingly now that I'm in Ban Yanang I've so far had 1 620ml 5.5% Chang a day with lunch.

Saturday night in BKK I started slow, 1 Chang stubbie to my companions 4 San Mig Lights. I progressed the evening to around 10 Changs and 4 or 5 shots... I'm sure those Chang stubbies are short on vlomue.. I jusm cho geck sha.. fij.
    Last edited by Cuzzy; 18th January 2016 at 23:06. Reason: Spelling
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    The UK recently revised alcohol consumption guidlines. I've not looked at them in detail but the main point seems to be that women and men now have the same limit - 14 units per week.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/check-t...nit-guidelines

In terms of my consumption. Post xmas I've had 1 drinking day and that was only 2 pints in my local. Otherwise I've been trying not to drink at all. Feels great tbh and my wallet feels a bit heavier (virtually ).

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    any one here think they have a drinking problem??....up to now it does not look like it
    I have an issue with binge drinking , once I start I really don't know when to stop , not so much on holiday ( although I've had my moments ) , but at home when out with mates I'm always last man standing ( albeit not that steadily ... ) I know its not healthy , but I was like that when I smoked as well , its all or nothing for me ....
    bacwaan and Cuzzy like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I have an issue with binge drinking , once I start I really don't know when to stop , not so much on holiday ( although I've had my moments ) , but at home when out with mates I'm always last man standing ( albeit not that steadily ... ) I know its not healthy , but I was like that when I smoked as well , its all or nothing for me ....
    Although I drink a lot when drinking I know when to go home.....actually I usually want to go home!
    As I mentioned I was at a biz conference...... 2 of the guys I was with never wanted to go home!! 555
    I left them 3 nights in a row both stumbling around.
    One 43yrs old, the other in his 50's

Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    In the UK don't drink much at all, can go weeks without it. I find even a couple of after work beers used to make me feel below par the next day and eat crap. Blow out tho when on holiday.
    Same with me... generally drink maybe once a month.. and then on holidays... now we know even small quantities of alcohol increases the risk of cancer... they'll have warning labels on beer soon same same cigarettes... how long before we are suing Smirnoff... 55

Even drinking a tiny bit of alcohol can cause cancer - The Independent
    Last edited by Quarky; 19th January 2016 at 03:23.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Being a shift worker and working some weekends my days off vary and so my drinking days are not the same each week. I can binge drink on a tuesday one week and a saturday the next. I don't usually touch shorts but i enjoy strong beers.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    My new years resolution is to cut my alcohol consumption at least by 1/2 for health and financial gains.

I'm 60 in September and although I will be an older father I want to be around as long as I can for our new arrival.

There are many things I want to tell her and plant the seeds of an enquiring mind like I did with my son and daughter.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Platinum
    I tried doing Dry January lasted 10 days, already had a good 7 hour binge down the pub. Drinking varies depending on shift at work etc. But i do enjoy sitting in the pub and drinking 10 pints. But normally it would be 3 - 5 pints a day 3-5 times a week.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    How can Alcohol be bad for you? It makes people around you more interesting, and woman more attractive 5555
    My family motto "lets get blotto" Or "Id rather a bottle in front of me , than a frontal lobotomy "
    wabbits and Cuzzy like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Same with me... generally drink maybe once a month.. and then on holidays... now we know even small quantities of alcohol increases the risk of cancer... they'll have warning labels on beer soon same same cigarettes... how long before we are suing Smirnoff... 55

Even drinking a tiny bit of alcohol can cause cancer - The Independent

If a "Tiny bit" of alcohol can cause cancer there isn't much hope of avoiding your fate is there?
    All the latest crop of "Government Infomercials" are pushing the alcohol cancer line now.
    I guess it's just flavour of the month, like when were all going to get aids and die in a bowling alley.
    What I don't get is why wait til we are all swimming in a sea of the stuff and then tell us that knowledge?

What they don't tell you is you can get cancer anyway. Just breathe in the wrong fumes, eat something that's been treated with the wrong chemicals, get irradiated by a phone tower...and on it goes.
    It's a new kind of "Blame game" is all.

Cuzzy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    I don't get hangovers and I'm a veteran.
    Started drinking regularly at 14 when I had my own money from working (after I paid war widow Mum for board and keep)

So at 73 I have a drinking problem - once a week when the girls are out working and there's no-one to go and restock!

Standard drinks - Phooie - I've never been anything "standard" in my life.

(though I'm ashamed to admit though I once owned a Standard 10 with a Lukey muffler - I had to get to work and Uni and I was saving for an Austin Healey 100M - fkn beautiful bit of machinery that Healey was).
    obes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

If a "Tiny bit" of alcohol can cause cancer there isn't much hope of avoiding your fate is there?
    All the latest crop of "Government Infomercials" are pushing the alcohol cancer line now.
    I guess it's just flavour of the month, like when were all going to get aids and die in a bowling alley.
    What I don't get is why wait til we are all swimming in a sea of the stuff and then tell us that knowledge?

What they don't tell you is you can get cancer anyway. Just breathe in the wrong fumes, eat something that's been treated with the wrong chemicals, get irradiated by a phone tower...and on it goes.
    It's a new kind of "Blame game" is all.

Probably the same view we had of smoking in the 1950s... before we knew better?

We are learning more and more that cancer is mostly environmental... so more under our control than we think... and palming it off as part of the blame game is just an ostrich view of cancer in my opinion... will be interesting to see if cancer is still a major killer in a 100 years time...
    Last edited by Quarky; 19th January 2016 at 17:00.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    A lot of people see alcohol as a problem. But I think they're looking at it from the wrong perspective. Chemically speaking, alcohol is a solution.
    Zablive, obes and Stillearly like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

As my old mate Phil of the Octopus Bar used to say - "If they told me tomorrow I had cancer and six months to live I'd go out and get AIDS - they reckon that takes 5 years to kill you!"
    He died in his sleep of cardiac failure.
    PeteGill likes this.

We are learning more and more that cancer is mostly environmental... so more under our control than we think... and palming it off as part of the blame game is just an ostrich view of cancer in my opinion... will be interesting to see if cancer is still a major killer in a 100 years time...
    So how the Fck are you going to know DP?

You'll be dead from over-running your allotted mileage - and under-utilizing your relationship quota.

Two words - James Fyxx ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    So how the Fck are you going to know DP?

You'll be dead from over-running your allotted mileage - and under-utilizing your relationship quota.

Two words - James Fyxx ...
    I'm hoping to last as long as the singularity... then all bets are off... 55

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    It is kinda getting to the point now with all the mixed messages on food, alcohol, lifestyle etc that some people are afraid to live their life to the full..I've had about 10 different life circles so far in mine so if I drop dead tomorrow there is not much that I didn't do that I would regret...can't even think of one atm
    obes likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    ^^^ When it comes to life, quality over quantity would be the way to go. a good balance of both would be nice though.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

I would expect a contrary view from you....

I don't this compares with smoking in the 1950's just more socal engineering.
    How many times have you heard that a glass of red wine is good for you? (But now unfortunately you are gong to get cancer and die because its got a tiny bit of alcohol in it).

Do you really think it does any good at all telling people something like "A tiny bit" of alcohol will give you cancer? A tiny bit of chromium in your vitamin pill will also give you cancer. A tiny bit of asbestos will give you cancer.

Of course cancer is "Environmental" its also a "Lifestyle" disease.
    Some people however can live a risky lifestyle and never get cancer.
    What about the quantity of alcohol they consumed?

Honestly I think they would be better off pushing "Moderation" instead of touting total abstinence. Why not concentrate on getting better at genetic screening to cut the risk?

Quarky and Zablive like this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast