Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Airport bar late hours

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Airport bar late hours

I'm just curious

Do any of your local airport bars and restaurants stay open late?
    It sucks....all of Vancouver's close at 12pm and my flight leaves at 2am
    There is nothing I like better than sitting at the airport drinking beers before my holiday flight.

Kind of makes no sense either.....Vancouver has so many flights leave around 2am go Asia

Just wondering if it's a YVR thing

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    most airports i know have a curfew of around midnight so bars etc are shut.

no curfew there by the sound of it.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    are there 2 of these or am i going mad? 55
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    are there 2 of these or am i going mad? 55
    Haha
    It was weird.....I went to the gym and when I came back it looked like it never sent.....my bad 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Mark at 5 mins to twelve buy 6 shots of Bourbon and get cold cans of coke from the vending machines and mix as required, or get a Hip flask of same from duty free and do the same. 55

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    2 PM .... interesting time book a flight, not sure i would want to book so late, and would definitely need bar open ..5555

Funny story from my flight over the weekend, i took my 2 kids with me, we are sitting in a bar having some preflight drinks, but bad mistake as we are on the pre-customs check side, we are babbling on as usual and suddenly we thought sh1te better get moving ... got though the other side (customs check really slow) and hit duty free ... more time gone,

Then me and my eldest are standing waiting ( for my youngest to pay for his duty free ) discussing if we have any time left for one more drink, and then my youngest finally joins us and says " wouldn't it be funny if we had all 3 of our names called out over the intercom for final call ....

So we start heading for the boarding gate (9 minute walk) and a lady is standing there looking at us and says, are you the Haxxxx family ... yes .... well better you better start running because the plane is about to take off without you

Now its a sin to miss you flight at any given time right, but not making your Mums/Grandmums 80th Birthday is total sacrilege ...

So we start running, all 3 of us, and its was such a long distance to the gate twice we got to hear .... final call for xxxxx first name and xxxxx surname ... we were pissing ourselves laughing, it was just so odd to hear all 3 of our surnames in a row over the intercom, and more so as my youngest had just said it ... 55555
    Last edited by Sydney; 23rd March 2016 at 13:38.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    2 PM .... interesting time book a flight, not sure i would want to book so late, and would definitely need bar open ..5555
    Most the flights to Asia leave at that time from Vancouver.... Almost all of them. Some in the afternoon

But I prefer the 1-2am flights
    The airport is relatively quiet plus it gives me plenty of time after work to just pace myself.
    I will drop the dog off at the dog hotel
    Then I like to start my holiday early 555......so I usually go out for a nice dinner alone if I am going on holiday
    Come back, shower, call a taxi and at the airport early enough

I think the hotel airport has half day rates.....it is beautiful with a nice spa and pool.
    I might even book that.....show up around 5pm and just chill in the spa and pool, eat in their lobby bar and then head to check-in
    I really like to get in a relaxed mood 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    ^ dont get too relaxed and miss your flight 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    not much of a drinker so it does not really bother me to much..im sure you can get a drink once you board ...we all have different wants and needs when we travel..for me its good reading material...but that simple to sort out 55555

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I'm just curious

Do any of your local airport bars and restaurants stay open late?
    It sucks....all of Vancouver's close at 12pm and my flight leaves at 2am
    There is nothing I like better than sitting at the airport drinking beers before my holiday flight.

Kind of makes no sense either.....Vancouver has so many flights leave around 2am go Asia

Just wondering if it's a YVR thing
    I do enjoy the feeling of hitting the bar to really feel like the holidays began.

Leaving Perth at 9pm and hitting BKK at 8am after a stop over sucks.
    The Thai Airways plane leaves late enough by the time they hit cruising level its an appropriate time for some beers.

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    not much of a drinker so it does not really bother me to much..im sure you can get a drink once you board ...we all have different wants and needs when we travel..for me its good reading material...but that simple to sort out 55555
    I'm a big reader also
    Back in the day I'd bring like 6 books on holiday and 8-9 magazines
    Made for a heavy carry on! 555
    Thank God for Kindle now

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    I do enjoy the feeling of hitting the bar to really feel like the holidays began.

Leaving Perth at 9pm and hitting BKK at 8am after a stop over sucks.
    The Thai Airways plane leaves late enough by the time they hit cruising level its an appropriate time for some beers.
    You are in an airport and a plane.....
    Time stands still
    There is never a time it's not acceptable to drink 555

Actually I take that back.....I landed in BKK from Tokyo at 6am and it was ridiculous how many people were drinking heavily at the airport at that time
    Gave you a glimpse of a decent % of tourists in Thailand

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    paulie im surprised how many people cant do with out a drink..yes i know they are holiday...i often see people drinking on the 8am flight from from singers to phuket....bar really should be closed....they do get a bit rowdy when they land..5555555
    Quarky likes this.

PGC
    Are there no Paid lounges in Vancouver. They are open 24 hours at most airports.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    I love a drink but prefer not to be seen at an airport in the early AM. 10am as you reach 32 000 ft... sure.

Get all that crab nets out in the river at 6 30am and we crack a beer.
    jontymate likes this.

I've never been in an airport bar.... I'd prefer airports to be dry areas.... and why serve alcohol on a plane? Usually what causes problems... drunks on a plane... sometimes one of the drunks is the pilot...
    Moo Uaon likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    DP - you're "different" 555!

Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    Are there no Paid lounges in Vancouver. They are open 24 hours at most airports.
    There is actually a brand new Premium lounge and at 40cad for 2 hours, not a bad deal at all
    Just not the same atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I've never been in an airport bar.... I'd prefer airports to be dry areas.... and why serve alcohol on a plane? Usually what causes problems... drunks on a plane... sometimes one of the drunks is the pilot...
    In all my flying, I think I have seen maybe one incident with someone being drunk

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    paulie im surprised how many people cant do with out a drink..yes i know they are holiday...i often see people drinking on the 8am flight from from singers to phuket....bar really should be closed....they do get a bit rowdy when they land..5555555
    It was quite despicable, IMO
    Just looked so low class, people were absolutely **** housed at 6am............others walking around the main terminal with a beer in ahnd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast