Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: strange people who have sat next to you on planes

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar

strange people who have sat next to you on planes

after many year of flying most people that i have sat next to have been very pleasent..yes some talk to much...some dont talk at all..some drink to much..have never had a really fat person next to me...had my fair share of ageing hippy's next to me..the old guy with long hair often in a pony tailand wears a earring with a little feather its often in his beard 555555....had great fun chatting to them...

i suppose the most scary one was 2 trips ago..flying out of singapore back home.a muslim guys sits next to me...has a tiny bag with him...his koran and 3 cell phones barely fits into it....as soon as we take off he orders a double scotch and takes out his koran and holds it as eye level so that ever body can see what he is doing....he is also opening leering at the airhostess(who is not impressed) after a few more drinks he falls asleep
    when we land in joberg...half the passengers disembark ...the others are going on to cape town....he then preceeds to take out all his phones and starts making calls and none of his calls are making any sense as if he is talking in code...when we take off he is back on the booze again....i was one of the first ones through customs just behind him...as he got there 3 really big guys emerged and said please come with us

all i heard from him was that they were picking on him....they replied no we not..i knew it must have been important becouse the regular custom guys were just staring at what was going one... and not bothering to check us regular guys 5555

so it looked like someone on the plane reported him...unless he was on some sort of watch list

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    To be honest I never even try to engage. Ear plugs in straight away.
    Quarky and Bacon like this.

Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I flew to Bangkok last Thursday. Not sitting next to me (they were fine, couple with headphones and their own tablets, watched movies whole flight) but woman in front reclined seat back and seemed to be bouncing on it, bloody annoying.
    I had a nice aluminium fine tip pen and daydreamed of thumping it either into her temple or jugular
    Then I thought about using a large cable tie, less messy, simply reach over, loop and pull tight
    But I didn't have one in my carry-on bag
    Quarky, Bacon and Cuzzy like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Flew from KL to London on an anniversary day for 9/11 a few years ago (Was with Air Asia), I had not even thought about it till someone at the airport mentioned it. Still all was going well and seemed to be a long time waiting for the doors to be closed. A few empty seats, so just thought a few people were running late.

The latecomers turned up a few mins later. When the entered the plane, there were 4 of then all dressed up in the Full Monty Muslim gear and the Women hiding their faces. The plane went dead silent as they got on & all you could hear was a quite a few people going " for fcuks sake I do not believe it, why did they not leave them behind" as they walked to the rear of the plane.
    I am looking to see where they are going to sit and realise most of the empty seats are around me (2 to the RH side of me and 2 behind me).

I really honestly thought it was going to be one of those prank show sketches, but as they sat down and tightened their seat belts, I knew I had that idea wrong 55555

Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    To be honest I never even try to engage. Ear plugs in straight away.
    Same as me... I never say more than two words to whoever sits next to me... F*** off usually does the trick... 55.
    Bacon likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Same as me... I never say more than two words to whoever sits next to me... F*** off usually does the trick... 55.
    You would have loved the young Chinese lady who sat two seats from me between Singapore and CT. (The seat between us was empty) She was fast asleep before we even took off and only woke when the cabin staff shook her for breakfast before landing in Joburg. She then slept for most the final leg to CT.
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    thank goodness for the 55555..never thought you would be so rude....i would have imagined you being one of those guys who never stopped talking on a plane....and had to be told to shut up 55555555..

lol if you had a aisle seat i would take great pleasure in going to the toilet every half hour 5555555...just joking 5555. im sure you would be a interesting traveller once i got over being told to f*** off 55555

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    thank goodness for the 55555..never thought you would be so rude....i would have imagined you being one of those guys who never stopped talking on a plane....and had to be told to shut up 55555555..

lol if you had a aisle seat i would take great pleasure in going to the toilet every half hour 5555555...just joking 5555. im sure you would be a interesting traveller once i got over being told to f*** off 55555
    I get up a lot on planes... so that wouldn't bother me... I just don't want to talk on a 15 hour flight... I'm never in a good mood on a plane... 55

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    The strangest one for me happened about 40 years ago on a jam packed air india flight...the (indian) guy behind me stood up in his seat and then clamboured over into mine (with me still in it) and sat on my head then slid down onto my lap...it was a window seat so we had to evacuate all the seats next to me so I could manhandle him out...he was bucking like a bronco but I was only about 20 at that time and fully fit...so let's just say he was a bit surprised at being pushed to the ground and restrained with a knee in his back until a couple air stewards marched him off to the back of the plane...to cheers all around 555

^Was he on drugs or just infatuated with you?

PGC
    On my 1st ever Business class flight around 10 years ago from Paris to Bangkok, a youngish guy, maybe 21 sat next to me in the window seat. He seemed OK but luckily he had no English and I pretended I knew no French. All was fine until after take off when he dissappeared to the toilet and came back dressed in a pink pajama top and very tight pink furry shorts.

He then pulled out of his bag a toy sheep. Of the cuddly variety, but dressed as a human in, yes you guessed it, a pink top and shorts.

For the next half a an hour he took pictures of Mr Sheep in various poses (asleep in the seat. Sat up with the seat belt on. Sat on the pull down table looking out of the window) Before the guy changed him into Pilots uniform. Now I was waiting for the call for the captain to come to the ****pit but he stayed resolutely in his pink gear.

Later he fell asleep and farted loudly, which was OK cause it let me let a few go while everybody was blaming him.

The Stewardess took pity on me though and mixed me the best G&T's I have ever had to make up for things.

Now if I'm lucky enough to fly business class I opt for the single seats.
    Quarky, bacwaan and sidvicious like this.

PGC
    On another trip I think it was me who was the strange guy.

I'm 6ft 3ins so your average seat in Economy can be, let's say challenging. One time I had my knees jammed in but managed to fall asleep.

I woke up busting to go to the Loo and got up only to wobble down the aisle and fall over. Just like the Billy Connolly story about the Mudslide drink. My legs had gone completely numb and I had lost any use in my legs.

The Aircraft staff made me lie in the back of the aircraft, they thought I was ill or drunk. I tried to explain but i was still groggy from sleep. They just said yes ...yes and asked how many I had had to drink.

As I wandered back to my seat later with a bottle of water tucked under my arm, the looks of disapproval for me and pity for the guy sat next to me made me wish the flight would end soon.
    bacwaan likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^Was he on drugs or just infatuated with you?
    The stewards told me after that he was in a trance like state of sleep...kind sleepwalking mode...it took them a long time to get him awake...every time they shook him he'd wake, his eyes would roll around in his head and he'd just fall back into the same trance like state

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    The stewards told me after that he was in a trance like state of sleep...kind sleepwalking mode...it took them a long time to get him awake...every time they shook him he'd wake, his eyes would roll around in his head and he'd just fall back into the same trance like state
    ....sounds like he was just your typical newbie after their first trip to Pattaya...

Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    On my 1st ever Business class flight around 10 years ago from Paris to Bangkok, a youngish guy, maybe 21 sat next to me in the window seat. He seemed OK but luckily he had no English and I pretended I knew no French. All was fine until after take off when he dissappeared to the toilet and came back dressed in a pink pajama top and very tight pink furry shorts.

He then pulled out of his bag a toy sheep. Of the cuddly variety, but dressed as a human in, yes you guessed it, a pink top and shorts.

For the next half a an hour he took pictures of Mr Sheep in various poses (asleep in the seat. Sat up with the seat belt on. Sat on the pull down table looking out of the window) Before the guy changed him into Pilots uniform. Now I was waiting for the call for the captain to come to the ****pit but he stayed resolutely in his pink gear.

Later he fell asleep and farted loudly, which was OK cause it let me let a few go while everybody was blaming him.

The Stewardess took pity on me though and mixed me the best G&T's I have ever had to make up for things.

Now if I'm lucky enough to fly business class I opt for the single seats.
    I'm beginning to think you and Bacwaan take hallucinogenic drugs when you fly.... 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I met one of the most impressive people in my lifetime on one of my 1st trips to Asia.....flying back to NYC
    This really tiny old lady sat next to me
    We got to talking.....she was so elegant and polite.
    She was 87yrs old and her husband died 6-7 years ago so she decided to travel around the world when she was 82yrs old.
    She was coming back from Cambodia
    I was blown away by everything about her.
    bacwaan and Cuzzy like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    i flew back to Oz from London mid 80's on a Qantas flight.
    me in the aisle seat,middle seat empty and a young,slightly over weight Aussie girl in the window seat.
    first time i looked out the window back at LHR she was already asleep.
    my friends had given me a sleeping pill to take as i had mentioned that i could never sleep on planes. popped it and off to sleep fairly quick using the 2 seats beside me.
    when i woke i had spread right out across the 2 seats and had my head rested quite comfortably against her shoulder and she had moved as far towards the window as she could.......nice refreshing sleep that one 555

this plane had the 86 Aussie Commonwealth Game team on it returning home. i was dressed in a track suit and carrying a boxing kangaroo bag for my carry on and my newly purchased Slazenger V 12 cricket bat.....quite unaware that the commonwealth games team would be onboard 55

i'd asked the stewardess a couple of times about going up front for a look in the c0ckpit and finally they took me up there...

captain....how was it? (uh oh...i thinks i'm in the team).
    me....err...great! (thinking about the 3 month trip i'd just had in europe).
    bit of talk about where we were as all i could see was water and i thought we were over the sea.
    captain....it's lake eyre,explained about the jet stream etc then back to me.......which event did you do?
    me....erm...(i'd been on the pi55 for 3 months and rooting anything that moved 55)....err,cricket!! ( i did have my bat with me)
    captain.....turned and looked me up and down than wiped me like a greasy ar5e 555555555
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    I flew to Bangkok last Thursday. Not sitting next to me (they were fine, couple with headphones and their own tablets, watched movies whole flight) but woman in front reclined seat back and seemed to be bouncing on it, bloody annoying.
    I had a nice aluminium fine tip pen and daydreamed of thumping it either into her temple or jugular
    Then I thought about using a large cable tie, less messy, simply reach over, loop and pull tight
    But I didn't have one in my carry-on bag
    Faulty preparation brother.....

My trips have been pretty mundane really. The old duck who farted like a draught horse, last trip to BKK the cnut who got up, got his paper out of the o'head locker, skimmed through a few pages, put it back in the locker, 5 minutes later gets it again, puts it away, pulls the shade down, puts it up, gets the paper again, puts it away... FFS will you fucking sit still or I'm gonna get you moved !!! Nervous I guess.

Oh yeah, the middle eastern cnut who lifted my passport while I was asleep on a BKK - SYD leg. I was not the last but one of the few left onboard... where's my fucking PP ?? A couple of the crew come over and I explain to them what the problem is.
    They get the guy at immigration, take him aside. Security turns up and off the go. 3 hrs later they bring my PP... he was on a watch list.

Otherwise pleasantly boring flights for me.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Not really a sitting next to me thing, but the verbal **** fight happening in front of us as we were boarding.
    Typical know it all smartearse with wife and young kid who had obviously weaselled his way into the first row, then stormed on board ahead of everyone else so he could fill up all the overhead lockers meant for three other passengers with all the luggage that he couldn't be arsed paying for. Anyhoo...the next man on politely asked him to make some room for his one piece of luggage, which he refused..Now this was a fairly solid bloke, said nothing, just opened the locker, took the guys stuff out and replaced it with his. Smartearse couldn't do anything about it so with justice having been served we all took our seats. Have a pleasant flight ****head...555
    Quarky, PeteGill and Cuzzy like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    I meet some very interesting people. I look at it always as an opportunity. Some times I catch up on work or just sleep. Had some great journeys talking about toxins of critters from the deep and recently a guy that studies music and the brain anthropologically (current study is dementia and music). Nine hours went like a few minutes and we remain in contact.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast