Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
Like Tree417Likes

Thread: Aviation Stuff

2 points Ian ... 1. CNX domestic also has scanners on 1st floor as you pass thru checkpoint to airside. They were lax and missed the obvious. 2. Thai Lion charges 270bt for 10kg of checked baggage, if prebooked. Everyone gets 7kg of carry on for free.

Travel tip ... Iif caught out in a similar situation and with time to spare, one can use the airport post office to mail excess baggage or prohibited goods to your destination or home address. Very inexpensive if within Thailand.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    2 points Ian ... 1. CNX domestic also has scanners on 1st floor as you pass thru checkpoint to airside. They were lax and missed the obvious. 2. Thai Lion charges 270bt for 10kg of checked baggage, if prebooked. Everyone gets 7kg of carry on for free.

Travel tip ... Iif caught out in a similar situation and with time to spare, one can use the airport post office to mail excess baggage or prohibited goods to your destination or home address. Very inexpensive if within Thailand.
    Yah, that is why I said I was just lucky. I should have packed lighter and left out my toiletry bag. I could have got by with just a tooth brush and my electric shaver. Long time ago I did mail that same expensive folding knife back home to my Canadian address when I was in the Vancouver airport. I almost always have a pocket knife on me and it's easy to forget. That is why i usually put it in my toiletry kit. Oddly enough it was the scissors that they spotted in the scanner. The world of travel has completely changed since the terrorist crashes into the twin towers in New York.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I never put my phone on airplane mode either. Another bogus rule that's "just in case".
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Correct, although it conserves battery on long flights.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I never put my phone on airplane mode either. Another bogus rule that's "just in case".
    Seems a reasonable explanation. Air plane Mode
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Thank god for the jet engine is all i can say..3000hp beast.

Quarky and Tingtong like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Nice looking Donk .
    Moo Uaon likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I was trying to work out how many cylinders that beast has . Im thinking 24 .

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Can you imagine the noise? 55
    Tingtong likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    28 and known as "the corn cob" back in the day.
    Tingtong likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    28 and known as "the corn cob" back in the day.
    They must be pretty old. A girl I knew in Australia had one on her vibrator, and that was years ago.
    Tingtong likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Scottys gonna tax the Aussie expats principal place of residence to pay for this beauty !

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...ter/ar-AAH1PYT

Platinum
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...premium-europe

Be careful what you write in internal communication, you might look like an complete idiot one day....

“Now friggin Lion Air might need a sim to fly the MAX, and maybe because of their own stupidity. I’m scrambling trying to figure out how to unscrew this now! idiots,” one Boeing employee wrote in June 2017 text messages obtained by the company and released by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.

In response, a Boeing colleague replied: “WHAT THE F%$&!!!! But their sister airline is already flying it!” That was an apparent reference to Malindo Air, the Malaysian-based carrier that was the first to fly the Max commercially.
    So it all comes down to cost, I really hope that Boeing have to pay a hefty fine for each person that was killed in these 2 crashes hopefully a lot more than the price for simulator training.

Doing simulator training would have undercut a critical selling point of the jet: that airlines would be able to allow crews trained on an older 737 version to fly the Max after just a brief computer course.

Quote Originally Posted by anmeno View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...premium-europe

Be careful what you write in internal communication, you might look like an complete idiot one day....

So it all comes down to cost, I really hope that Boeing have to pay a hefty fine for each person that was killed in these 2 crashes hopefully a lot more than the price for simulator training.
    Boeing shareholders lose yet directors still reap millions. Par for the course in the rip off corportate world. Hopefully Airbus have re examined all their new fly by wire technology and learnt from Boeings mistake.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Boeing shareholders lose yet directors still reap millions. Par for the course in the rip off corportate world. Hopefully Airbus have re examined all their new fly by wire technology and learnt from Boeings mistake.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/10/b...nce/index.html

Ousted Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg left the company with stock options and other assets worth about $80 million

He should be able to struggle along with only $80 million US dollars.
    Tingtong likes this.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142