Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Family mindset

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

Not racist, but I find the exclusion of the views (votes) of "Poor people" abhorrent.
    I will give you the benefit of the doubt however, in that I believe you meant "People with a poor mindset".
    No I do think he mean's people with less money than most.. and I do see Rak's point on that. Poverty does incite all sorts of feelings... they need someone to blame... who are an easy target? Immigrants?
    PeteGill likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    No I do think he mean's people with less money than most.. and I do see Rak's point on that. Poverty does incite all sorts of feelings... they need someone to blame... who are an easy target? Immigrants?
    We have a huge xenophobic issue here in SA, and most of the time it is in very poor area's.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    We have a huge xenophobic issue here in SA, and most of the time it is in very poor area's.
    Wouldn't that sort of make sense?
    I think I have always been a pretty "worldly" person
    I don't understand where it came from because none of my family are and not many of my friends back home were.

But..... travelling made me 100x more worldly and understanding of other cultures, way more so than what I thought I was with my "open mind" growing up

And travelling is a luxury that many can't afford or are not exposed to.

Reasons why I am very open minded to other cultures:

Traveling
    Living in one of the most diverse cities in the world

Both being available to me through money.....one actually money earned, the other opportunities trough working in a big money industry

So wealth does play a big role in being more acceptable of other cultures.....at least for me it did
    PeteGill likes this.

^^^ All those reasons make absolute sense.

Travel in my mid twenties certainly opened my eyes a great deal and helped me change my way of thinking and re-evaluate just how I looked at other people and other cultures.

Believe me I came from a very right wing and conservative background. And now I am a tree hugging, PC, commie, lefty... Well according to some here 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar

Not racist, but I find the exclusion of the views (votes) of "Poor people" abhorrent.
    I will give you the benefit of the doubt however, in that I believe you meant "People with a poor mindset".
    Abhorrent?

If my country lets in 1000, 100,000 or even a million refugees, that won't change my life one bit..
    They will not be able to live in "my area", they will not compete for "my job" and they will not be in school with "my children"...

Same goes for you and for most on here... And the same goes for the politicians that decide over these matters..

Now for the poor new immigrants will live in their area, compete for their jobs, be in school with their children..
    I don't agree with the hatred, but I do understand the resentment , both towards the immigrants as towards the politicians who make these decisions without regard for their situation.

problem is that there is a movement of non-politicians or half-politicians that fuel these feelings and use the power that gives them for their own (hidden) agenda..
    PeteGill likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Dp, M26, Petegill and Rak. Yes, you are all on the wrong track.
    I'm not trying to be popular here, I just believe in one vote=one value.
    No one should judge someone else's righteous opinion as being worth any less than anyone else's.
    Far too often I see people as having opinions as to how those who "Own" land or assets as being far better ar determining everyone else's future. Well let me tell you right now, that is a false belief and runs contrary to democracy.
    It doesn't matter where you came from or what you own if you have the right to vote in a political sphere then your vote should be equal to anyone else's, regardless of any political gerrymandering.
    Anyone who thinks "Poor people" have no right to determine the future direction of a democracy or that "Rich folks" somehow inherently know better about how things should be run should be "Voted out" by those with a basic right to a vote.
    Just my 2c.....

And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Oh really? Poverty leads to blame? The problem with that argument is that each and every citizen has a vote. Or did you mean to exclude the "Great unwashed" who are not yet citizens? Well I do see your point there, as do all the Poles and others living in the UK who are only there by virtue or the EU conventions, those who are now chasing British passports....?

No one should judge someone else's righteous opinion as being worth any less than anyone else's.
    Far too often I see people as having opinions as to how those who "Own" land or assets as being far better ar determining everyone else's future. Well let me tell you right now, that is a false belief and runs contrary to democracy.
    It doesn't matter where you came from or what you own if you have the right to vote in a political sphere then your vote should be equal to anyone else's, regardless of any political gerrymandering.
    Anyone who thinks "Poor people" have no right to determine the future direction of a democracy or that "Rich folks" somehow inherently know better about how things should be run should be "Voted out" by those with a basic right to a vote.
    Just my 2c.....

Not at all on the wrong track old chap. I totally agree with you.

But and it is a big but, what we are saying that very often the poorest people are the ones who feel most threatened. Especially by anybody that they consider to be outsiders and taking opportunities away from them.

Sadly this is the situation where despite having a vote to have their say, some will resort to taking matters in to their own hands.

The burning of small shops belonging to foreigners here in SA and the attack and murder of some of these people (You don't want to be a Somali or Malawian in some areas here)Tends to take place in the poorest squatter camps and tin shack settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Not at all on the wrong track old chap. I totally agree with you.

But and it is a big but, what we are saying that very often the poorest people are the ones who feel most threatened. Especially by anybody that they consider to be outsiders and taking opportunities away from them.

Sadly this is the situation where despite having a vote to have their say, some will resort to taking matters in to their own hands.

The burning of small shops belonging to foreigners here in SA and the attack and murder of some of these people (You don't want to be a Somali or Malawian in some areas here)Tends to take place in the poorest squatter camps and tin shack settlements.
    Well old bean, rabble rousing has nothing to do wth having a democratic vote, and on that we must agree...
    But if rabble rousing is the exclusive compart of the poor then I would be very much surprised, because someone usually pays them handsomely to do it...555
    PeteGill likes this.

^^^ The pay is more often then not in the way of promises sadly.

It was old Adolf's strongpoint...

Oh really? Poverty leads to blame? The problem with that argument is that each and every citizen has a vote. Or did you mean to exclude the "Great unwashed" who are not yet citizens? Well I do see your point there, as do all the Poles and others living in the UK who are only there by virtue or the EU conventions, those who are now chasing British passports....?
    You've jumped to a lot of conclusions there? Didn't say anything about their vote being less...? Just that those who are racist towards perceived immigrants usually have a reason for being like that... do happy people complain?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

Just my 2c.....

Has there ever been a study done in say elections non compulsary which income/employment demographic has the higher opt out of not voting
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Sad, but funny at the same time. However, I've actually seen that happen, and that is why I winced when I watched it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123