Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Flying in North America

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,329

    Flying in North America

    Sitting on a plane waiting to fly to Dallas.
    It really is such an unpleasant experience to fly in North America.

    Hell, I am in 1st class and it still sucks.
    Just the attitudes are horrible and the charm non-existent.

    I'm in 1st class....ask if they have a closet for my suit bag and just get a horrible response from some 70yr old hostess.

    Then their announcements are akin to herding cows to slaughter

    It's a an absolute pleasure flying in Asia still

  2. #2
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,902
    So where did your suit end up? ...55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,320
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Sitting on a plane waiting to fly to Dallas.
    It really is such an unpleasant experience to fly in North America.

    Hell, I am in 1st class and it still sucks.
    Just the attitudes are horrible and the charm non-existent.

    I'm in 1st class....ask if they have a closet for my suit bag and just get a horrible response from some 70yr old hostess.

    Then their announcements are akin to herding cows to slaughter

    It's a an absolute pleasure flying in Asia still
    Your experiences and my family and my experiences mirror yours. Not pleasant at all. My daughter told me some horror stories on their holiday trips back east this year and last year.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,302
    Mark , no different in Australia. But its more the other passengers here, some are just the most selfish pigs ive come across, except maybe the Chinese .

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,154
    Did you get a seat number in Business?

    I was shocked how the flights we did in America had no seat number allocation. It was like just getting on a bus and find a spot if your lucky.

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,329
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Did you get a seat number in Business?

    I was shocked how the flights we did in America had no seat number allocation. It was like just getting on a bus and find a spot if your lucky.
    That is only on low cost carriers
    Southwest and such
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,154
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    That is only on low cost carriers
    Southwest and such
    Yeah was Southwest. I didn't realise that was a low cost carrier thought that was just how it is.

    First airline I have ever come across that seating arrangement.

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Did you get a seat number in Business?

    I was shocked how the flights we did in America had no seat number allocation. It was like just getting on a bus and find a spot if your lucky.
    I think this is how the habit of people rushing to get on the plane started. Years ago when there was no seat allocation you had to try get in first so you didn't get a sh!t seat.
    Now with seat allocation there is no need to rush but so many people still do it ...crazy.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

  9. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    I think this is how the habit of people rushing to get on the plane started. Years ago when there was no seat allocation you had to try get in first so you didn't get a sh!t seat.
    Now with seat allocation there is no need to rush but so many people still do it ...crazy.
    The reason for me rushing is that there is often not enough space for the luggage.
    Tingtong likes this.

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,154
    Domestic flights in China are bad, man those guys are always in a rush and rude. They stand up before the plane even stops.

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by anmeno View Post
    The reason for me rushing is that there is often not enough space for the luggage.
    Thats true, but I have noticed Jetstar has started to crack down on over sized cabin bags and it has helped . Only way to stop people from trying to sneak over size/weight bags is to charge them .
    Zablive likes this.

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,254
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Yeah was Southwest. I didn't realise that was a low cost carrier thought that was just how it is.

    First airline I have ever come across that seating arrangement.
    You have to pay $15 for a reserved seat.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    I think this is how the habit of people rushing to get on the plane started. Years ago when there was no seat allocation you had to try get in first so you didn't get a sh!t seat.
    Now with seat allocation there is no need to rush but so many people still do it ...crazy.
    The problem is the baggage cost. You used to be able to check 2 bags for free. Now most charge $25 per bag. So everyone carries on their luggage. The mad rush is for the overhead storage space. But that slows down boarding with all the carry on. If there is no more overhead space they force you to check your bags. But then it free.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  14. #14
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    You have to pay $15 for a reserved seat.
    I'm going to be flying southwest, I booked it through chase rewards program, asked them to reserve me aisle seats on all 4 of the flights, that include layover to and from bkk. The rep said she was able to put the request in, when I called southwest, the rep said he sees me sitting on all aisle seats. Nobody charged me anything, should I expect something?

    Edit: just realized you guys were talking about southwest, I'm thinking china southern.

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    The problem is the baggage cost. You used to be able to check 2 bags for free. Now most charge $25 per bag. So everyone carries on their luggage. The mad rush is for the overhead storage space. But that slows down boarding with all the carry on. If there is no more overhead space they force you to check your bags. But then it free.
    The system here you pay by the weight. You can have more than one bag but you pay for the combined weight. (jetstar, Virgin etc)

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    You have to pay $15 for a reserved seat.
    You could have told me in Whistler mate 55

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,556
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Sitting on a plane waiting to fly to Dallas.
    It really is such an unpleasant experience to fly in North America.

    Hell, I am in 1st class and it still sucks.
    Just the attitudes are horrible and the charm non-existent.

    I'm in 1st class....ask if they have a closet for my suit bag and just get a horrible response from some 70yr old hostess.

    Then their announcements are akin to herding cows to slaughter

    It's a an absolute pleasure flying in Asia still
    does not sound like 1st class service Paulie...you sure you have not stumbled into cattle by mistake 5555555555555555555

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    10,254
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    You could have told me in Whistler mate 55
    You didn't ask? 555
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  19. #19
    Seven_
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Sitting on a plane waiting to fly to Dallas.
    It really is such an unpleasant experience to fly in North America.

    Hell, I am in 1st class and it still sucks.
    Just the attitudes are horrible and the charm non-existent.

    I'm in 1st class....ask if they have a closet for my suit bag and just get a horrible response from some 70yr old hostess.

    Then their announcements are akin to herding cows to slaughter

    It's a an absolute pleasure flying in Asia still
    Why is it so bad? I have experienced it myself but could never work out why as in general I have found American customer service to be very good (better then Australia).

    Maybe because they are not working for tips 555

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,556
    service is all about attitude...you can get away with bad service with a good attitude...
    when it comes to good airline service..you cant beat singapore for great on board service....i have had a few admin problems with them when they were not that helpful...can get very pedantic
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •