Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Bacon
  • 1 Post By obes
  • 1 Post By 1080
  • 1 Post By Tingtong

Thread: Weed infestation - noxious variety !

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Not there !
    Posts
    7,923

    Weed infestation - noxious variety !

    Anybody else happen to have a recalcitrant neighbour who allows his paddocks to infest and stay infested with weeds like Apple Of Sodom and Thistles ?

    I just got off the phone to the Department of Primary Industry (at least I think that's their current title 55 - to see if I could have him legally forced to do something.

    Nope - sorry, we'd love to help, but it's only a restricted weed, not a "priority" weed.
    The guy I spoke with was as helpful as he could legally be and gave me a few good ideas, but in the end, if the person chooses to do sweet FA, your sort of snookered.

    He did say they'll be hitting the rabbits around this person's property again in the coming months, so that's a start.

    It's a pity this cretin is such a jerk, the land in question could be beautiful, but as it is, it's almost an eroding sand dune !

    Apparently the DPI guy has sent Mr. Toolio a friendly letter, but had no comeback, so he obviously gave it the bird.

    I guess if one had the means you could take civil action and I reckon a good beak could get him, but imagine the $ involved - and obviously he knows this !

    Frustrating !

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,661
    Throw a few seeds of a different kind of "weed" around on his property. Then call the authorities again once they've grown a bit 555.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Not there !
    Posts
    7,923
    He bought the land hoping to make a killing with a housing development, but when every man and his dog, including the Government objected and it got knocked on the head - he cracked the sh1ts.

    Now he lets his cattle up into the dunes, the rabbits have taken the rest of the vegetation and the only thing remaining is AOS and thistle.

    The bastard waits until his cattle are almost dying of thirst before watering them.

    Meanwhile he lives in a mini mansion in a prime waterfront position in town - indoor pool included.

    Can't help myself every time I drive past it I say to myself - piece of sh1t 555

    He's a class AAA prick !

  4. #4
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,988
    ^No chance of buying the land off him? Or is it pretty rubbish land?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Not there !
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^No chance of buying the land off him? Or is it pretty rubbish land?
    The lands good and was once used as a market garden - a long time ago.

    Problem is, we're not sure if we'll be here for retirement - which isn't all that far away.

    Plus, if I bought it, i'd turn it back to nature and that'd cost heaps and I'd end up with land I'd want to caveat so it wasn't turned into one mans wealth - if that makes sense !
    Quarky likes this.

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,055
    What State are you in odes, no not your mental state. We have a fair amount of trouble with neighboring land holders- stake holders, a pain in the ass. I have not had much help from Govt agencies but the back door methods often work in your favor. Community groups etc keep us posted.
    obes likes this.

  7. #7
    Seven_
    Guest
    Happens in Thailand also.

    Next door neighbor (cousin) cuts down about 500m of eucalyptus trees on boundary, throws all the small branches and leaves etc onto our side (rice field), no issue with this if he is going to pick them up later, but he doesn't. Family tell him a number of times to go pick them up/burn them. Says yeah will do soon etc, but doesn't.

    BIL gets fed up, goes to see him and ends in violence BIL beats him up.

    Police get involved, but cousin not concern with the beating but wants it on record that if he dies (unexplained) that the BIL caused it. BIL agrees to sign a statement to this effect.

    Still can't work that one out 555, and cousin never did pick up the stuff, but next time he did it he put the branches etc on his side, so I suppose it worked.
    Last edited by Seven_; 9th September 2016 at 19:20.

  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Not there !
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    What State are you in odes, no not your mental state. We have a fair amount of trouble with neighboring land holders- stake holders, a pain in the ass. I have not had much help from Govt agencies but the back door methods often work in your favor. Community groups etc keep us posted.
    Victoria 1080. I've had run ins with this bloke in the past and know I could force him into action - if I started a campaign in the local paper, petition etc.
    Problem is this bloke is pretty well connected, as most who have a lot of $ are and he's a known nasty prick too.

    Not saying I'm shying away from a blue - never have, never will, it's just I wish somebody else would take up the challenge for once !

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_ View Post
    Happens in Thailand also.

    Next door neighbor (cousin) cuts down about 500m of eucalyptus trees on boundary, throws all the small branches and leaves etc onto our side (rice field), no issue with this if he is going to pick them up later, but he doesn't. Family tell him a number of times to go pick them up/burn them. Says yeah will do soon etc, but doesn't.

    BIL gets fed up, goes to see him and ends in violence BIL beats him up.

    Police get involved, but cousin not concern with the beating but wants it on record that if he dies (unexplained) that the BIL caused it. BIL agrees to sign a statement to this effect.

    Still can't work that one out 555, and cousin never did pick up the stuff, but next time he did it he put the branches etc on his side, so I suppose it worked.
    Bil should build a big bon fire out of all the tree cutting and wait for a day when the wind is blowing towards the neighbor's house then set fire to it. Smoke the c@nt out, might make him think twice next time.
    obes likes this.

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,556
    you are a dangerous lot 555555..pleased you not my neighbors 555555555..how do you cope with loud music.thank goodness my closesit neighbor likes led zep...other wise i would tell him to turn it down 555555

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,789
    Too bad I'm so far away or I would do something about it while you were on a holiday somewhere. I have my "little" ways. When someone plays outside the rules then as far as I am concerned there are no rules and anything goes. It is amazing the damage that can just happen "unexpectedly".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •