Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: EatIGo.....Bangkok dining app

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

EatIGo.....Bangkok dining app

This app is incredible.....
    I used it a bunch when in BKK this trip.

The app has all sorts of sections based on type of food, like Steal, Italian, Middle Eastern,
    And also based on areas like Asok-Nana, Riverside
    And type of places......Hotel Buffets, Rooftops, etc....

You start surfing and it tells you what type of discount you can get at a certain time for a certain date

I've gotten 50% off at some very high end hotel buffets, and tonight I am not hungry right now but a bunch of restaurants have 20-30% off around 10pm

You just book the reservation and Everytime the restaurant knew already and I didn't have to show anything, but if I did, you just pull up the app and show the reservation and what discount you booked at.

It really is a money saver and you are not pulling out coupons at your table
    chiefbrody likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    What is "Steal food" - is that when you Eat and Go (fast)?
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    My question is when in LOS why would you care about a discount?
    im happy to pay ha e to say....an app like that here well that's different.5555

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    My question is when in LOS why would you care about a discount?
    im happy to pay ha e to say....an app like that here well that's different.5555
    That may be the dumbest thing ever written on this forum 555

So you can get a steak for 500baht instead of a 1000baht but you'd rather pay the 1000baht???

Absolutely bizarre post Wabs

PS......I dont know what type of places you go to in Thailand but when going out to more than beer bars and local Thai restaurants Bangkok is more expensive than Vancouver now
    Bangkok is not a cheap city at all when going to higher end places
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 4th December 2016 at 00:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    What is "Steal food" - is that when you Eat and Go (fast)?
    That would be s real good discount if you steal it 555
    I meant Steak

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    That may be the dumbest thing ever written on this forum 555

So you can get a steak for 500baht instead of a 1000baht but you'd rather pay the 1000baht???

Absolutely bizarre post Wabs

PS......I dont know what type of places you go to in Thailand but when going out to more than beer bars and local Thai restaurants Bangkok is more expensive than Vancouver now
    Bangkok is not a cheap city at all when going to higher end places
    We eat all over plenty of street food and plenty of high end it is what it is.
    it well maybe the dumbest post but I'm not a shopper docket diner.
    i will pay the money or go somewhere else dumb as that might be.
    but seriously in OZ it's very easy to spend 4K Bt for an average meal out....see my point

We eat all over plenty of street food and plenty of high end it is what it is.
    it well maybe the dumbest post but I'm not a shopper docket diner.
    i will pay the money or go somewhere else dumb as that might be.
    but seriously in OZ it's very easy to spend 4K Bt for an average meal out....see my point
    No.....and I am not trying to slag you but your point is really dumb.
    I'm eating at a really great Italian place and booked it through EatItGo for 50% off
    I walked in and said my name and now all food is now 50% off

It's bananas that you'd rather just pay double than me 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    No.....and I am not trying to slag you but your point is really dumb.
    I'm eating at a really great Italian place and booked it through EatItGo for 50% off
    I walked in and said my name and now all food is now 50% off

It's bananas that you'd rather just pay double than me 5555
    Or maybe you don't realize what you give up to achieve all these "discounts"?

Not speaking for Wabbits, but for me the beauty of traveling is to go with the flow, stay if it's fun, leave when it's not.
    And that's why Thailand is such a perfect country! Food and drinks, but also massage, shopping, etc., etc. is available almost everywhere.

So the high end lifestyle limits your experience in my opinion, and that get's even worse once you decide on planning and booking even a simple meal..
    Discount? I think you are overpaying.. 555

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Or maybe you don't realize what you give up to achieve all these "discounts"?

Not speaking for Wabbits, but for me the beauty of traveling is to go with the flow, stay if it's fun, leave when it's not.
    And that's why Thailand is such a perfect country! Food and drinks, but also massage, shopping, etc., etc. is available almost everywhere.

So the high end lifestyle limits your experience in my opinion, and that get's even worse once you decide on planning and booking even a simple meal..
    Discount? I think you are overpaying.. 555
    I think you guys are stuck in the past and really don't realize that Bangkok has grown into an International city.

I'm missing out on authenticity?
    Why does everything have to be street food and Tinglish with you guys?

Where I stay in Lamai is 100% local and while you, admittedly sleep very late......I am up at 5-5:30am eating with the locals

I'm in Samut Prakan(100% local) part of most days when I am in Bangkok.

None of that prevents me from partaking in the mature part of Bangkok that you guys seem to refuse to see.....

Half of Bangkok(Thais and farang) are out and about in really nice, innovative restaurants and bars, but you guys want to live the "glory days"

Planning and booking?
    I sat and had a beer at a great bar on Soi 11, browsed through the app and then looked real quick at TripAdvisor for real life pictures and got this meal 50% off.

Whose more "authentic" and is "limiting their experience"?
    The farang who sits on plastic stools in tourist towns like Lamai, Sukhumvit, wearing it like a badge of honor or the actual Thais that are out in all these new places enjoying what a mature and grown up Bangkok offers?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 4th December 2016 at 08:33.

I want to be the owner of the dumbest post... 55

Do they have a MassageAndGo-app that does similar? I like high-end massages...
    chiefbrody and Cuzzy like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Some people like to be yuppies and eat at the hi end places thats up to them. Others rather the street food small localy run resturants etc. Everone has there own thing. If I was at a higher priced place guess I woud like a discount.

My preferance is the street food

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    wabbits, Ian Forbes and Cuzzy like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Not enough cheese on that pizza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Not enough cheese on that pizza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A lot people may not like it that way.
    I prefer my pizza like that.

I didn't order it that way but if I am placing an order at home for delivery, I always say "light cheese, extra sauce"

I get this pizza at my Italian bakery in Vancouver that is only sauce......no cheese on it

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    yeah,i don't do high end in LOS....best food i've had is by the side if the road somewhere seated in a kids plastic chair that threatens to bend under me.
    wabbits and OZZYGUY like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

I think you guys are stuck in the past and really don't realize that Bangkok has grown into an International city.

I'm missing out on authenticity?
    Why does everything have to be street food and Tinglish with you guys?

Where I stay in Lamai is 100% local and while you, admittedly sleep very late......I am up at 5-5:30am eating with the locals

I'm in Samut Prakan(100% local) part of most days when I am in Bangkok.

None of that prevents me from partaking in the mature part of Bangkok that you guys seem to refuse to see.....

Half of Bangkok(Thais and farang) are out and about in really nice, innovative restaurants and bars, but you guys want to live the "glory days"
    Or likely not be around Thais that dont kiss your ass and nake you feel like a big shot

Planning and booking?
    I sat and had a beer at a great bar on Soi 11, browsed through the app and then looked real quick at TripAdvisor for real life pictures and got this meal 50% off.

Whose more "authentic" and is "limiting their experience"?
    The farang who sits on plastic stools in tourist towns like Lamai, Sukhumvit, wearing it like a badge of honor or the actual Thais that are out in all these new places enjoying what a mature and grown up Bangkok offers?
    Have you lined up in Chinatown for the best Pad Thai in Bangkok? Or have you discovered the best Kow mun gai at the end of some Soi? it's not about savings as it's all pretty cheap it's about discovery of finding that great meal there is an odd one that misses the mark but those are still superior than most we get back home Thai food wise.
    Ive had A bit of Italian and Mexican and other Farang foods in LOS on occasion but it nothing better than I can get here in OZ so we don't pursue it.
    Joy is a foodie and knows how to find good Thai food so it's always an adventure.
    I don't think we are living in the past or anything like that.
    OZZYGUY and Cippy like this.

A lot of the places on the app are not higher end......mostly nicer casual places.
    I wouldn't call a pizza or tapas high end

But, I'm with everyone......I love street food, and it's a shame the govt has taken a lot of it away in lower Sukhumvit.
    We wanted to eat street food late afternoon one day and couldn't find any except a couple noodle places.
    Soi 11 still have some later at night

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I want to be the owner of the dumbest post... 55

Do they have a MassageAndGo-app that does similar? I like high-end massages...
    No I own it now so you will have to go practice some more on your dumbness.55555
    Quarky likes this.

Have you lined up in Chinatown for the best Pad Thai in Bangkok? Or have you discovered the best Kow mun gai at the end of some Soi? it's not about savings as it's all pretty cheap it's about discovery of finding that great meal there is an odd one that misses the mark but those are still superior than most we get back home Thai food wise.
    Ive had A bit of Italian and Mexican and other Farang foods in LOS on occasion but it nothing better than I can get here in OZ so we don't pursue it.
    Joy is a foodie and knows how to find good Thai food so it's always an adventure.
    My point is you can do both and I always research for "the best of" in any city I go to that is unique to that city, even in the US
    I love searching those places out and more times than not they live up to their billing

I eat Thai food mostly in morning and afternoon and western food at night when going out

By "living in the past" I meant that Bangkok has matured as a city
    Before there weren't these type of nicer casual places of all different types of food.......
    I'd put the restaurant scene in BKK in terms of variety, quality and creativity up there with any major city in the world now.
    In the past, it was mostly really high end places only that did really good food outside of Thai food
    Not the case anymore

And I go to Thailand so much, I don't consider it a holiday anymore
    It is sort of no different for me than when eating out back home......eating all different types of food, with the added plus of having great Thai food!
    Compared to say when I visited Tokyo and strictly ate Japanese food because it was new for me

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    That's not a pizza - that's soup in pastry!
    Soupdragon likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast